Nor-Cal '73 Swinger

-
Was hanging out in the garage doing a 7 year old's laundry & to keep myself busy I killed a small fuel leak at the carb as well as mocked up this old Sunpro Tachometer. I like the look of the tach as it almost seems like it fits the era of the car, not too modern & I like that. Should have it wired up by this weekend. I had to make sure that wires were tucked up tight & nearly invisible & I'm pretty happy with the routing. Thoughts? Yay or nay?

InteriorwithTach_zps4e002fbd.jpeg

Tach_zpsf680f401.jpg

Was hanging out in the garage doing a 7 year old's laundry & to keep myself busy I killed a small fuel leak at the carb as well as mocked up this old Sunpro Tachometer. I like the look of the tach as it almost seems like it fits the era of the car, not too modern & I like that. Should have it wired up by this weekend. I had to make sure that wires were tucked up tight & nearly invisible & I'm pretty happy with the routing. Thoughts? Yay or nay?

InteriorwithTach_zps4e002fbd.jpeg

Tach_zpsf680f401.jpg

I had a version of that tach on my car in that same spot. Works great for everything except manually shifting the car. It was too small for that IMO.

Looks sharp,Sharp (Lol). Had the black faced version,in the 67 Cuda.,same spot. (Black interior).My guess,you'll like it,function wise.

Same spot I have mine. For an automatic it's fine cause the only time I really look at it is when I'm starting it up and at idle.

Jeff, as you know the saying about opinions....so here is my two cents. I don't know how long you have enjoyed Mopars™ but to be honest with you I didn't look at the tach that much. You can tell by the sound when to shift, for me anyway.
I would like to see it mounted on the front of the console like they did in the early GTS

Attachments

• GTS tachometer.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 359
Your build is very inspirational. In a few weeks, I'll start my first project. My sister and her husband are practically giving it to me along with a 318.

Keep up the great work brother!
slotto

Your build is very inspirational. In a few weeks, I'll start my first project. My sister and her husband are practically giving it to me along with a 318.

Keep up the great work brother!
slotto

Slotto,

Seems like mine looked just like that not that long ago at all. Good luck with your project & I look forward to following along!

Jeff

tach looks great in your car. don't change a thing. bruce

Right on, Bruce! It's definately growing on me more everyday. I like it a lot. MoparManiac has this American Flag style can on his that is outrageous. I saw it at last weekend's show. Was thinking that would be a tremendous detail as well.

Thanks everyone who came through with offers to help out with the 340's rod situation. Ken (Evildart) was kind enough to donate a full set to the cause. I'd also like to thank Guy (Belmateo) for always being so damned helpful & offering to lend a hand when he can.

Hopefully when I get the crank to the machine shop they'll say it can be saved.

Whats up jeff,my phone sucks this is one of my first replys on the stupid metro phone.

Hey Jeff how's it going? Saw the text last night of the chunk.....Nice!!!! What else is going on......

So when is the install?ready when you are.......get rid of the one legger...

Yeah, looks like I'm ready for the rear end swap, I've aquired all the parts over the last year, a nice 8.75 housing, 3.23 w/ powerlok in a 489 case, yoke, axles, shock plates, u-bolts. Now just need the time to install it all right. Hopefully just after the holiday. The gear swap alone should wake the 318 up just a bit more but also get me ready to handle something a bit more beefy.

hey everyone out there in mopar land wishing you all and your families the very best holiday. wishing you were all good and santa leaves hemis under your trees. take care bruce :happy6:

Right on, Bruce! It's definately growing on me more everyday. I like it a lot. MoparManiac has this American Flag style can on his that is outrageous. I saw it at last weekend's show. Was thinking that would be a tremendous detail as well.

Hello ,Jeff. That "American Flag " style can tach, probably a early 70's Dixco Don Garlits "Big Daddy " tach. Big bucks,in the retro market. My buddy got 4 bills plus ,for his O.G. 70's piece.

That is an awesome look on troy s car.it would be cool on yours as well.

I had a lead on a set of Edelbrock heads for the 340 build at a decent price but the timing didn't work out with the holidays & all. I worked it out earlier in the week that we would get together on the Thursday after the holiday but I just called the guy to see if I could pick em up & he let me know he already packed em up & put em on a truck to ship to his new house out of state. I guess it wasn't to be, at least for now. Might be a blessing in disguise as I'm pretty far away from the point where I could actually use them unless I put them on the teener. Furthermore, It would have been a little tight financially. Still, I'm a little disappointed I let a good deal I let slip away.

-
Back