Nor-Cal '73 Swinger

-
Got the car to the new place today, It was nice to drive it again... seems like it was forever since i last did.

I used the duplicolor Chrysler Blue & its holding up extremely well. follow the directions for curing & will last.

Amazon.com: Dupli-Color DE1631 Ceramic Chrysler Corp. Blue Engine Paint - 12 oz.: Automotive
Thanks for the link this will help me get that much closer to finishing my Valaint. So I can have one old car to drive
Finally at the new house!
I think she likes the new home

Looks like you have lots of room to work on the car and maybe another project???
Hey Jeff........

Okay, been in the new place about a month now. Progress on the Dart has been on hold because buying a house has made me poor. What I have done is start to get the garage in order to make it a little friendlier & a little less foreign. I re-purposed some old kitchen cabinets that were left in the garage into a useable workbench & cut & hung my old pegboard & shop light. Chopped up one cabinet that I decided not to use & made some shelves out of some pressed wood from it. Ran electrical to the workbench & hooked up some surge protectors & connected my miter saw & compressor. Mounted the fire extinguisher & some garage art, including my factory build sheet. Here are some pics, the last pic is where I hope to put an engine stand for a future transplant.

Attachments

• 20130828_100652.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 277
  • 20130828_101053.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 272
  • 20130828_100743.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 291
  • 20130827_183623.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 275
  • 20130828_100509.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 275
  • 20130826_231030.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 281
Congrats on the new home. The garage looks like its coming along great.

Aj

Congrats on the new home. The garage looks like its coming along great.

Aj

Thanks AJ. It's been too long, man. I believe that the Alameda Car show is coming up soon. You gonna check it out? I think Bad440 & I are both bringing our cars.

Not sure I will make it, but I will try. My car is still down, but in progress for sure. Hoping the k member will be done in the next week or two. Once that's done I can put all my new suspension under it and strata wiring her up. The only thing I'm lacking now is time to put her together.

Aj

Looks good Jeff. Call me about a engine stand. I'll make you a great deal on one.

Awesome Ken. I may do that sooner rather than later. Came a cross a few bucks & am on the hunt for a 340 that i can take my time and build in my garage. May be tough to find with limited cash on hand but im sure the right one will come up and hopefully within driving distance.

I was dicking around with the fuel line from the pump to carb the other night & when I was done thought all was fine. Jumped in the car yesterday to go shoot the breeze with Bad440 Mike & had myself a good old fashioned fuel leak. Didn't want to change clothes yesterday so I left it for today & went to Mike's in the truck. Pulled the secondary bowl off today & cleaned the needle & seat & that fixed the problem but while I was poking around I noticed a vacuum cap severely cracked & obviously leaking badly. Luckily, I found a spare in the toolbox & when I capped it off it took care of a noticeable off idle bog I thought was a tuning issue & the throttle response is now absolutely tremendous. I went out & pissed the new neighbors off for about 20 minutes & couldn't believe the difference that tiny vacuum cap made.

I have to say that the little 318 is now kicking way more *** than I had imagined when I first set out to wake it up. I've now amassed all the components for my 8.75 swap with 3:23 SG & have that on the radar with the TF-2 kit for the tranny in the next 2-3 weeks. I'm excited to get those done.

On the other hand, I still haven't gotten the center console brackets welded in yet & I have the template, mounting brackets, complete console, shifter & linkage in the garage collecting dust. I really need to get that back on track. Hopefully soon. I've let being so far out be my excuse for not making progress. I need to get my eye back on the ball.

Also I picked up a Mopar Performance air cleaner from Mike & cleaned it up & threw it on today. Not sure if I like it better than the Moroso that was there before. Maybe it will grow on me. What do you guys think? Keep it, or go back to the Moroso?

Attachments

• Mopar Air Cleaner.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 224
I was dicking around with the fuel line from the pump to carb the other night & when I was done thought all was fine. Jumped in the car yesterday to go shoot the breeze with Bad440 Mike & had myself a good old fashioned fuel leak. Didn't want to change clothes yesterday so I left it for today & went to Mike's in the truck. Pulled the secondary bowl off today & cleaned the needle & seat & that fixed the problem but while I was poking around I noticed a vacuum cap severely cracked & obviously leaking badly. Luckily, I found a spare in the toolbox & when I capped it off it took care of a noticeable off idle bog I thought was a tuning issue & the throttle response is now absolutely tremendous. I went out & pissed the new neighbors off for about 20 minutes & couldn't believe the difference that tiny vacuum cap made.

I have to say that the little 318 is now kicking way more *** than I had imagined when I first set out to wake it up. I've now amassed all the components for my 8.75 swap with 3:23 SG & have that on the radar with the TF-2 kit for the tranny in the next 2-3 weeks. I'm excited to get those done.

On the other hand, I still haven't gotten the center console brackets welded in yet & I have the template, mounting brackets, complete console, shifter & linkage in the garage collecting dust. I really need to get that back on track. Hopefully soon. I've let being so far out be my excuse for not making progress. I need to get my eye back on the ball.

Also I picked up a Mopar Performance air cleaner from Mike & cleaned it up & threw it on today. Not sure if I like it better than the Moroso that was there before. Maybe it will grow on me. What do you guys think? Keep it, or go back to the Moroso?
figured the old ocd would make you keep it on there...lol looks good though...

Jeff loving the new house the Dart looks right at home. When you start that 2nd car is it going to be a A body or ???

Alemeda Car show should be a good one.

Jeff loving the new house the Dart looks right at home. When you start that 2nd car is it going to be a A body or ???

Alemeda Car show should be a good one.

I'd love to find a 68-69 Coronet or it's like for a reasonable price, but reasonable price & Mopar don't often mix.

When is the alameda show?

It's usually October, I've got this one high on my priority list.

Well, yesterday was my B-day & it was pretty nice. The GF bough me a new steering wheel & a new Makita drill! She had taken note of me wanting a Tuff wheel & she did pretty damned well. She picked me up a Grant Tuff style wheel & an install kit. I'm pretty damned pleased. Off to get the center console brackets welded in tomorrow & should be floor shifting by week's end. Take a look.

Oldwheel_zps46ff2746.jpg

Newwheel_zpse72fcc5d.jpg

TuffWheel_zpsede24ae3.jpg

Interiorshot_zps0ca9b3c6.jpg

Happy Belated Birthday Jeff!

Thx, Guy. much appreciated.

Just send Bad440 Mike a message reminiscing how less than 2 years ago I had a stock 318 beater & Mike's motor was on a stand in his garage. It's been a lot of fun so far but it's funny... I don't think it will ever stop!!!

Here's some random shots from tonight.

FrontEnd_zps1cea0a10.jpeg

DartSwinger_zpse5a7dc1f.jpeg

RearQuarter_zps14762d56.jpeg

H.B.D,Jeff. Amazing, how a certain person,can make life better. Good,to see you posting.

happy belated birthday jeff. the dart is looking real sweet. the new steering wheel looks great, very stock looking. bruce

I'm off work all week as a belated B-day present to myself so I took the Dart down to Oakland today & had a friend weld in my center console brackets. Been a long time coming!!! I picked up the console way back at spring Fling! First drive with the new steering wheel & I am amazed at how much much more responsive the steering is just by reducing the diameter of the steering wheel, it's a night & day difference. Treating myself to a gift on Wednesday if everything goes right & I'll post when it happens & Friday, Mike is gonna help connect the factory floor shift linkage & install the TF-2 kit. Here's a few pics from today, I used the bracket template that Redfish sent me & it worked like a charm.

BracketMockUp_zps46996a08.jpeg

Interiorwithconsole1_zps384b88c9.jpeg

Interiorwithconsole2_zps83fb89c1.jpeg

Interiorwithconsole3_zpsc9cdd495.jpeg

Frontquarter_zps3844904d.jpeg

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j54/sharpj74/LowFront_zps06c502f5.jpeg

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j54/sharpj74/LowFront_zps06c502f5.jpeg

-
Back