Nor-Cal '73 Swinger

-
Love the progress on your dart. I'm from the south bay but used to live in Hayward. Great seeing these mild budget builds since that's what im doing as well. Can't wait to see more.

Love the progress on your dart. I'm from the south bay but used to live in Hayward. Great seeing these mild budget builds since that's what im doing as well. Can't wait to see more.

Thanks man! Much appreciated & btw, appreciate you joining the NOR-CAL group too, a bunch of good guys there too!

Oh, damn... that's a great idea. Gut it, clean it & paint the housing!!! I've cracked enough of those suckers open to last me a lifetime now. Go Mike! Go Mike!
just make sure you keep all the shims that come out ofit.i know how you like tothrow away old parts,lol

JEFF hey it's about time you go to the bodtshop and snap some pics ofyour cars progress.come on man we all want to see! it's on your way home from work.....lol come on man !:tongue1::poke:

I know.... beleive me!!! I've had the boy full time but hope to make it down this week. The Bumblebee Stripe showed up on Sat & they should have the windshield out soon which is a great time to pull the dash (Hint!!!! Help me with the wiper linkage, Mike!) Will try to shoot pics before the Holiday & get 'em up! He said he's gonna weld up the leaks in the cowl for the same price, I'm stoked.

I know.... beleive me!!! I've had the boy full time but hope to make it down this week. The Bumblebee Stripe showed up on Sat & they should have the windshield out soon which is a great time to pull the dash (Hint!!!! Help me with the wiper linkage, Mike!) Will try to shoot pics before the Holiday & get 'em up! He said he's gonna weld up the leaks in the cowl for the same price, I'm stoked.
no problem jeff,anyday you want,i will be ready.with no dash it's a piece of cake!putting a timing belt water pump on a 06 charger today but any other day is good.

the new engine masters,low buck 4160 carb mod, hey didn't i beat them to it by a couple of months?and i like our version better, uses stock holley jets.not air bleeds drilled out.good day....:poke:

Bad,you saw that! Why buy stuff ,when home mods are cheaper and more acceptable?

I just picked it up this afternoon! Hilarious!!! The one you made me is way better especially because it says "Saetun" right on it!

I just picked it up this afternoon! Hilarious!!! The one you made me is way better especially because it says "Saetun" right on it!
i was laughing in wal mart at 5.00 in the morn black fri. went with carlos i got that mag and an sd card lol.carlos got a bunch of crap....yeah bomber i made one of those for jeff when we started working on his ride.months ago lol

I Love this build! Simple and rewarding. Your Dart sounds great with the cam and flowmasters!! I have one questions though if you don't mind me asking, what was your budget?

I Love this build! Simple and rewarding. Your Dart sounds great with the cam and flowmasters!! I have one questions though if you don't mind me asking, what was your budget?

I tried to keep it to about $1000 this year. I think all told i came in about $1350 this year.

Was wondering if you had ended up finding the turn signal lenses from the guy on ebay.
I love how you dressed up the engine good job

Thanks man, I appreciate it.

I still dont have a source for the lenses. It looks as if for the time being there are no suppliers out there. I have two sets of 40 year old lenses, I'll pick the best two for the new grille & use the amber lense tape on the other two & see which looks best on the car. At least then I'll have some options until some repops hit the market again.

Are you going to that show in Hayward this weekend? Like to check out the ride. It's come a long way been following the transformation.

jeffs car is in the bodyshop.my car is running but no tag.plus my car isn't pretty.it would becool to go though.....gt pm me if you wanna come out to check out my beater.sounds and runs great....

Sounds good. I got some plates we can slap on that bad boy and roll out!! Ha! Funk the police and DMV!

After the car show on Saturday & hanging out with Bad400, MVH & GTmopar, I dragged Mike down to the body shop to see the progress on the Dart. Looks like they got a good start. Here's a couple of shots. They've already replaced the rusted lower quarter panel & I'm super pleased with the way they got the dent out of the very front point of the header panel. Two years ago I never thought I'd be at this point.

Attachments

• Body work 8.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 364
  • Body work 7.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 359
  • Body work 9.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 362
  • Body work 6.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 377
  • Body work 5.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 371
Sweeeeeeeet looks like they are hammering on it man, that's a good sign. You going back black? I can visualize what it's going to look like and it's going to be good.

hey jeff post your car in the factory black thread.....your cars gonna be sharp lol pun intended...:poke:

lots more ripples in the car than it showed, even black.i can tell it's gonna be super staight,i would feather fill that ***** and block the hell out of it.then do it again.if the lines are sharp the car will be beautiful.yes yes it will.hey jeff you need some spray! lol:burnout:

-
Back