not a-body but maybe someone can help

-

DARTBOY340

Reaction score
working on a dakota R/T and it has a '51 plymouth body sitting on the chasis, has anyone seen or know how to get the front spindles in further to the frame. or can some one point me to some where that can help me, i narrowed rear about 4" and need to bring the front wheels inabout 2". tried to order special wheels but nobody can get me wheels that will give me the clearance needed. any help would be great.

thanks!!

I got a 2000 Dakota R/T. They are wide. Maybe early Dakotss
might have a narrower front end. The ones with the 5 on 4 1/2
lug wheels. You might want to try a different frame.

thanks, i for got the older ones had 5 bolt lug pattern. i've already cut 20.5" inches out of the frame and have all the drive train mounted and rear end narrowed. - it's what the customer wanted. was it just the 4 cylinders that had the 5 lug wheels? maybe 1988 ish????

My 89 V6 4x4 had 5 on 4 1/2 used the wheels off my 72 Challenger on it

I would have to say it would have been easier to get a front clip from Fat man or other aftermarket and put the RT drivetrain in it.

original frame was garbage. this was pretty easy to put the body on this chasis. the width was perfect except for the front suspension. customer was wanting to put a chevy drivetrain in it and we told him no. so this is what we came up with.

02-01-08_1710.jpg

Probably your best bet would be to narrow the frame itself and the center link, leaving the control arms alone.

-
Back