Not a new guy just a new ride!

-

Demonizer71

Reaction score
This is my 71 Mean Green Demon. Its a true H code 340 Torqueflight factory hood pin/Wing car. It has spent most of its life in Canada and has only 47K on the clock. It is an original Green Go car!
001.jpg

This is the hood with swinger style emblem on it. to the best of my knowledge the hood is original to the car, maybe just a goof at the factory or because it was a Canada car? The factory mounts are undernieth, it wasn't just added later-
009-1.jpg
:snakeman:

The cool thing about cars like this is just imagining walking into a Dodge dealer in late 70 or 71 and seeing these cars in the showroom or on the lot with kickass motors and hoodpins and wings and wild colors right from the factory!

=P~ Beautiful......Mean Green Machine =P~

Is it still running on points? I don't see an ECU........

Beautiful car,I just have one complaint,could you change the bypass hose from intake to waterpump?It should,nt be painted and throws off the great looking engine!I,m picky that way.LOL!!

=P~ Beautiful......Mean Green Machine =P~

Is it still running on points? I don't see an ECU........

No it has orange box mounted on side of inner fender. No more points! This car has been set up to run hard. Has single plane intake, headers, lots of performance internals, but I have the original intake, manifolds carb etc.

All I can say is WOW, and how did we let that one get south of the border.
LOL:toothy10:

Terry

This car was sold new in April 71 in Victoria BC and then moved around to Ontario and then came stateside. I'm glad it's a Canadian "c" code car, As both my folks (RIP) were born and raised in Prince Edward Island Canada and I've been up there many times. seems fitting that I got a Canadien Demon at last.

Well someone kept it in their Igloo!LOL!We just don,t see them up here with that low mileage in that condition.Has it been restored or is it original body and paint??

Well someone kept it in their Igloo!LOL!We just don,t see them up here with that low mileage in that condition.Has it been restored or is it original body and paint??
I got alot of paperwork with this car, from what I can tell it had 1 fender replaced at one point, so the paint must have been done. But for the most part it's very original. I dont believe it went thru a resto-it was just lucky to be "loved" by all it's "car" takers over the years. It's not a bondo buggy or rust bucket. I'm amazed as well at how clean it is. I have the original warranty card to the first buyer and everything that has been done to the car over the years.

Beautiful car,I just have one complaint,could you change the bypass hose from intake to waterpump?It should,nt be painted and throws off the great looking engine!I,m picky that way.LOL!!

Nit picky but the factory painted the engines after the bypass hose, manifolds, etc. were installed. Even a few inches of the neg battery cable was over sprayed with engine color.
Bob

Wecome and thank you for a great intro Demonator72.
Looking forward to your post's here.
Very nize:D

When I was a kid, the guy up the street bought a virtually identical '71 Duster new. Think it was a stick though, but I'm not certain. Another cdn car, I lived in Maple Ridge in those days. Another guy I knew had a '70 Limelite Duster with stripes & a wing, also from Maple Ridge. Wonder where those two cars are now. Probably the doors on my wifes Nissan.

-
Back