Not a nova

-
when i was at wyotech building my 65 awb i cant remember how many people said that! cool nova!?! i wanted to pour body filler down there throat!

Attachments

• 0904091241.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 197
Every one of my buddies say im crazy but out of anny charger ever made if i had my pick it would be either 66 or 67 ive never owned one but i think the only big changes between both years were the chrome strip on the front fenders and the console well the aparent one annyhow.

Things like this make me really excited to shave all of the emblems off of the rampage. I am going to have a bag of candy with me at shows and a sign saying "Guess the car, win candy"

so u want to be this guy?

Attachments

• CptPlanet_chances.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 180
My 67 Dodge Dart does not have any place on the car inside or out with the Dodge or Dart emblem

I get all the time

What is that,

Well drove it to work on Friday for the final Cruise in at the plant (closing next year). Stopped by Harbor Freight and had a guy talking to a buddy as I was walking out and heard him say Super Bee. Then they drove by the car and the driver ask, "What is that a GTO or what"

My Imperial gets may questions as to what it is. It being so rare most people have not seen one like it and it doesn't say Chrysler on it (The Title states Make as IMPERIAL), but it does nave the Pentastar on it in several places

When they do this i just laugh since they don't know cars that well. I know most all cars from the 50's to into the 80's by sight. Sometime in the 80's they all started to look the same.

Now I can be looking at a car and don't have a clue what the He** it is since they all look the same.

On cars I don't know well I try and find out what makes the differences between years

Cars I like but had hard time telling apart
61 Corvette painted coves with trim, 62 different grill no more painted coves
63/67 Vette very few differences but back up lighta are one of them
68/69 Vette outside door release, 68 lock button was also the door release and the grap pocket was to be able to pull the door open, 69 the pull pocket was also the latch release

66/67 GTO tail lights, but also grill and side trim, Like 66 tail lights and grill, 67 side trim
73/74 Cuda & challengers Tell Tell seat belts, 73 still has 2 piece shoulder strap/lap belt, 74 is one piece

Just agree with them and laugh at their car knowledge

People still think my Prowler is a Kit car, or a Viper

I have had people drive by and turn around and stop in front of the house and come into the garage while I was working on my Demon to talk novas. A couple years ago I bought a Big Dog chopper. I got so tried of telling everyone that it's not a Harley. I had a T-shirt made up that read " No dumb *** it' not a Harley" on the back in the biggest letters I could fit on it and wore it everytime I rod the bike. It worked, as long as I had the shirt on I was never asked it again. I think it's about time to get some shirts or stickers made up that says " No dumb *** it's not a Nova"

I think most people just want to talk and dont mean any harm. I've had my Duster called a Nova, a 69 Dart I used to have was called a Duster,,several said I should put a rebel flag on the roof,not a Charger and I dont care for that, oh ya one my 318's was high perf because it had angle plug heads,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,,,,the list goes on and on

honestly, I know most of he people that say dumb crap about your guy's cars say it just because they want to talk. Some may want to sound cool, and yeah, some are just plain dumb.

But, to be honest, unless you were wrenching on a car who in here (born in say, the last 30 years) would know that a 390 is a ford motor? Or that Mopar is the one who made a factory 383, and chevy's is just a hotrodding trick to get away from that failure prone 400 of theres? The only time this stuff gets to me is when I constantly get asked if I have a race-car when I'm driving. Or one of the fellas I work with can't remember my car is not a mustang... the repeat offenders need beat with a BIG STICK!!!!

Look if I don't know what kind of car it is, I don't make a dumb *** of myself and guess. I'd just ask. Simple as that.....

yeah, that's how I am to... but face it, most guys want to save face and impress everyone. you'd be suprised how many times I've had 20 somethings ask me how to check their oil...

Things like this make me really excited to shave all of the emblems off of the rampage. I am going to have a bag of candy with me at shows and a sign saying "Guess the car, win candy"

Careful with the candy. It could get you 10 to 20 if you park in front of the wrong elementary. lol

But, to be honest, unless you were wrenching on a car who in here (born in say, the last 30 years) would know that a 390 is a ford motor? Or that Mopar is the one who made a factory 383, and chevy's is just a hotrodding trick to get away from that failure prone 400 of theres?
Any one who's picked up a Hotrod/Musclecar related magazine in Wal-Mart (mopar enthusiast is the best of them all). Anybody who goes to shows and reads the GIANT stickers on factory air cleaners and associates them with the factory badging (givin' all that stuff is still there). I'm 16 and I've only worked on mopars my entire life, but I can still tell the whether a mopar would have a 390, 396, or 383 in it.

As pathetic as I found it, I felt kind of complimented that the kid thought I had a big block. Between the way my lil' torque monster rocks the car when you play with the pedal and the loud *** exhaust leak the car used to have, people always thought I had a small block or a low deck big block in the Dart. 8 months ago, me and paps replaced the manifold that cracked in two peices. Now you can actually hear exhaust goin' through the turbo muffler we installed just before the manifold cracked years ago, people still think it's a V8 though. I just shake my head and :-D while I tell them it's just a lil' slant six, the reactions are priceless. I even had one guy who was revin' his engine at me at a stop light. He asked what the car had in it, I told him it had a slant he then asked in a shocked manner what I did to make the slant run like it does, I told him I just added factory Electronic Ignition and a $30 Turbo Muffler, I watched as his eyes widened. Then the light turned green, he sped off and grandma on the sidewalk with her walker got through the intersection before I did. I was floorin' by the way...:lol:

Stock Slants, all bark, no bite! Does a great job keepin' my *** out of trouble though...:angel12:

When I first met my 2nd wife she called my 68 a NovaDart. :bootysha:Her first husband was a chebby guy. :bootysha: :bootysha:

Look if I don't know what kind of car it is, I don't make a dumb *** of myself and guess. I'd just ask. Simple as that.....
Indeed, I'm never afraid to ask, cause I can guess almost any car within at least a 2 year accuracy, if I don't guess the year correctly.

Careful with the candy. It could get you 10 to 20 if you park in front of the wrong elementary. lol
Whoah!!! :laughing:

On a dare I took my Aspen to Super Chevy and went three rounds in Pro before somebody ratted me out. Boy Howdy! we're they pissed!!!!:snakeman:

Had told the guy at the gate an Aspen was a "Canadian" Nova.

He gave me a tech card....................:-D

Attachments

• PICT0015.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 168
On a dare I took my Aspen to Super Chevy and went three rounds in Pro before somebody ratted me out. Boy Howdy! we're they pissed!!!!:snakeman:

Now that's too funny!:-D Good one Dago Red.

/6 matt, you're not getting the point so, once again I said MOST PEOPLE... what are you, what's everyone else here? you're all car guys! (or gals) 90% of the people here can tell a 396 383 and 390 apart, but guess what, I'd but half of the newer gen mustang folks couldn't tell a 302, 351 and 390 apart from each other! let alone a 327 and 350 chevy apart! I'm not really a mopar person but I can look at a 318, 340 and 360 and tell you which is which. but face it the MAJORITY of people who are older even (30s or so) haven't seen one of these motors on a regulary or semi regular basis for yearsand couldn't even tell you what it is. I make the mistake on 352 and 390 fords quite a bit, and I can't tell a 400 from a 440 but dammit, I'm a car guy. So, like I said the MAJORITY of people couldn't tell you what's hanging around the hood of their civic if it was labelled, if they mistake your 318 or what have you for a 350 it's not because they're stupid. lets face it paying taxes, keeping your house and filing that report before the boss has your *** is a lot more important than remembering what's under the hood of a "dreamer" car they'll never have.

This can work in your favor, I once got out of a parking ticket because the information did not match My vehicle !

my brother's 66 nova has no title because when my dad bought the car in 70 he didnt need one to register the car so he didnt get it. and the dmv wont let us get one because the car hasnt been registered in such a long time. so we put the plates off his 01 chevy pick up for a night, got pulled over and said it was a 66 nova body kit for 01 chevy trucks. the cop was really interested and asked how hard it was to install and let us go.

/6 matt, you're not getting the point so, once again I said MOST PEOPLE... what are you, what's everyone else here? you're all car guys! (or gals) 90% of the people here can tell a 396 383 and 390 apart, but guess what, I'd but half of the newer gen mustang folks couldn't tell a 302, 351 and 390 apart from each other! let alone a 327 and 350 chevy apart! I'm not really a mopar person but I can look at a 318, 340 and 360 and tell you which is which. but face it the MAJORITY of people who are older even (30s or so) haven't seen one of these motors on a regulary or semi regular basis for yearsand couldn't even tell you what it is. I make the mistake on 352 and 390 fords quite a bit, and I can't tell a 400 from a 440 but dammit, I'm a car guy. So, like I said the MAJORITY of people couldn't tell you what's hanging around the hood of their civic if it was labelled, if they mistake your 318 or what have you for a 350 it's not because they're stupid. lets face it paying taxes, keeping your house and filing that report before the boss has your *** is a lot more important than remembering what's under the hood of a "dreamer" car they'll never have.
I agree, and I did miss your point.

That's just priceless :-D

I just had a guy over last night in my garage ask if my 69 charger is a nova. It just shows how ignorant some people are of old cars. I just politely corrected him.

I'm not really a mopar person but I can look at a 318, 340 and 360 and tell you which is which.

Unless I can see the engine stampings or the block casting numbers I can't tell them apart and I am a mopar person. I could guess based on the heads, intake or exhaust manifolds but that isn't a gaurentee.

I do get your point. I feel pretty confident that I can tell a chevy v8 motor from a mopar, ford, amc, pontiac, buick or olds v8 . But, not sure I can tell a pontiac, buick and olds apart and i certainly can't tell the engine families apart within a brand. And, I have been working on cars since 68 or so and was following my dad to the dealer ship he worked at since 59 or 60.

Its just so much wasted energy to be getting upset that someone else doesn't identify your pride and joy correctly.

What about "Has that thing got a Hemi in it? Boy did that get tiring real quick!
My Darts been called a rambler, a ford, but never a GM.
Is it just me, or is the styling on GM cars of the late 60's, early 70's just a bit clumbsey compaired with the Mopars? If you ever studied anything about auto design, GM cars seemed to break a lot of styling rules. Mopar only seamed to break the rules with facelifted models. IMHO.

I just remebered that my biology teacher from last year told me his dad owned a 65' plymouth coronet with a 383 hemi

:-D

-
Back