Not mine but great deal on a built slant!

-
There's lots wrong with that ad. There's no way to get 300 inches out of a slant, mopar or no mopar. And there have never been circle track racing slants except maybe in a local claimer class or something. Mopar Performance never offered a crank, rods or rockers.

300 horsepower? Not with that exhaust.

I would love to sit down with this guy and hear everything about this motor in detail. A built slant is a built slant. If this engine has the goodies he states inside of it with the manifold and 390 the bucks for the motor alone could be worth it. two things that come to mind at least for me is how do all them 'ponies' get out of that little exhaust hole in that stock manifold and that appers to be a really old build as the motor kind of looks like it was dragged through Cleveland!!

I would love to sit down with this guy and hear everything about this motor in detail. A built slant is a built slant. If this engine has the goodies he states inside of it with the manifold and 390 the bucks for the motor alone could be worth it. two things that come to mind at least for me is how do all them 'ponies' get out of that little exhaust hole in that stock manifold and that appers to be a really old build as the motor kind of looks like it was dragged through Cleveland!!

Yup. I was looking at the basics for the cash - A running 225, with the intake, carb, valve cover, the complete 4sp (and yeah, it's not an M22...lol), that stuff would be worth at least a grand in my neighborhood.

Yup. I was looking at the basics for the cash - A running 225, with the intake, carb, valve cover, the complete 4sp (and yeah, it's not an M22...lol), that stuff would be worth at least a grand in my neighborhood.

Yeah, probably the same here...

I sent an e-mail stating I was interested, and would like a phone call for more info. This car is in my area. Might be worth it for parts, but I am leary about what was posted about the engine. Really would like to hear it run.

A man I play cards with raced some \6 cars in the 70's. Jerry Dean is his name and he raced in Ga, Ala, and Tn. The car type was called "SKEETERs" . He said he race on the dirt.
Jerry told me that his group would go get \6 from a boat to race. Counter rotation motor. By counter rotating the car would load the inside tire during acceleration. Jerry said the motor was tilted more than stock and said he had no pick up problems because the banking put the oil lower in the pan. Jerry also said to run a reverse rotation motor you would have to flip the rear end to go forward.

I wonder if the boat or industrial motors have better heads?

Moper, that valve cover looks like a J.C. Whitney cheapo (Ebay $25.00, $30.00 bucks) and without the baffles this would be a sloppy setup, I think I see an oil slick around the PCV!! I have to wonder if this was a race car why the luggage rack and that strange spotlight? You are right with me on the drivetrain though. If everything said is done to the motor and its more recent and the car runs good its worth it just for that alone. BBP Discs, 8-1/4 rear and other assorted parts this car is worth more money stripped that whole. Only issue is if this guy stripped it and tried to sell that motor without being able to run and drive the car it may fetch $200.00 bucks tops just because of the intake and carb, maybe the head if its a worked over piece. Sure wish I was close to this one. I would have to get 'skippy' and give this one a once over!!
Chas.

-
Back