NOT MINE Car with confused identity..

-
Maybe the VIN # listed was issued by the State hmmm :scratch:

You can see the original Demon VIN on the fender tag....

He clearly states in the add the car is a duster, but then hes calling it a matching numbers 340 demon. He said the demon was to far gone to restore, so hes putting all the parts on this car. It is NOT a demon, and it will NEVER be numbers matching.

He clearly states in the add the car is a duster, but then hes calling it a matching numbers 340 demon. He said the demon was to far gone to restore, so hes putting all the parts on this car. It is NOT a demon, and it will NEVER be numbers matching.

I'm not even sure "it's a car."

feedback rating is not good enough to get my bid even if it was what he is claiming

feedback rating is not good enough to get my bid even if it was what he is claiming
True. What is was thinking is that he should of just parted the damn thing out. he'd probably make his reserve. I get his combination was rare but key word WAS...advertising like that just irritates me because, someone on a budget with dreams of a nice car and with good intentions to restore may end up with a world of headaches.:wack:

Yeah, sounds great except for all that numbers matching crap,...I bid 1 Meeelion doll hairs....

I don't know what the hell hes got here? Not sure this is even legal to sell unless the tittle is for the Duster.

I reported this to ebay as an illegal sale. I hope some of the rest of you do as well. Hell this doesn't even appear to be a legally titled car to sell, much less "accurately" represented as so called numbers matching

It's a non-matching-numbers, numbers-matching car....

Doesn't that make it 1 of 1...

Dodge Plymouth Duster-Demon-Dart

If he attached the dash vin tag from the demon to the duster he is in federal offense. What a Dumas!

I don't know what the hell hes got here? Not sure this is even legal to sell unless the tittle is for the Duster.

I did the same thing made a Demon out of a Duster body titled as a Demon I had and see no problems doing this as long as upon selling it's disclosed which I did I even provided a signed letter stating this

If he attached the dash vin tag from the demon to the duster he is in federal offense. What a Dumas!

Do you know that for a fact it's even done with high dollar old classic cars all the time it's called REBODIED

I'm amazed some people function at that low of a level and still manage to use the internet.

Here's an example of a rebodied Hudson Woody sets in a museum so is this functioning at a low level if so I wish I could afford to be there Hemmings even had an article on this I could show many more examples of this being done on classic high dollar cars

Attachments

• tumblr_mbiy5nwWuk1qetyvzo6_r1_1280.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 139
  • 1941%20hudson.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 144
It's an honest re-body attempt.
Is that an oxymoron?
One low value Duster body that nobody would save.
One higher value Demon that was not saveable.
But how much are Demons worth to save sometimes?
Would everyone prefer that that two A bodies be history rather than one car be "saved"?
I don't think that is a "false dilemma" choice.
Oh sure there are always options.
Part out the Demon and let someone else hang the parts on a Duster perhaps.
On this topic I think people strain at the gnat and swallow the camel.
We go down the "rabbit hole" all the time.
Is it numbers on a body or a body on the numbers?

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=33720&highlight=re-body

BUT WHY IS HE SHOUTING ABOUT IT?

-
Back