Not sure what this means..Fiat changing platform on products

-
It means you're not buying a new Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep again. The brand is dead and you'll just be getting a Fiat with a Mopar badge shamelessly slapped on it. The most baffling thing about that article is the fact they plan to put the Jeep Grand Cherokee on that platform... The Challenger and Jeep share an Alfa Romeo platform? What? How? Why?

It means, if you didn't already know, Mopar products are Italian.

Who in the **** doesn't know that ?! Basically what I'm asking...does that mean they will all be front wheel drive boxes with different trim? Real question...how about a real answer ? !!:thankyou: Now I see i said Format in the title when I meant Platform. Mods can you fix that ?

Last edited:
Who in the **** doesn't know that ?! Basically what I'm asking...does that mean they will all be front wheel drive boxes with different trim? Real question...how about a real answer ? !!:thankyou:
The Giorgio platform they're using is AWD or RWD and uses active suspension (read: bags).

I think the new Giulia platform will be alot better than the ancient Mercedes-Benz platform they were using before.The Giulia Quadrifoglio has been gettting rave reviews. And the fact that this platform was designed by Ferrari should result in some nice handling fun cars.

Last edited:
I think the new Giulia platform will be alot better then the ancient Mercedes-Benz platform they where using before.The Giulia Quadrifoglio has been gettting rave reviews. And the fact that this platform was designed by Ferrari should result in some nice handling fun cars.
read------------consolidation !

Just ANOTHER reason NOT to buy anything their putting out!!!
Ok, but I remember when Chrysler corp was in trouble in the 80's. Folks were crying because they had K-cars to buy :( Nothing to brag about in the coffee shops, to say the least. Then, in 1991, came the Viper. Too much for the average Joe. So, the crying went on. A very heavy Stealth with turbo's......?...... Nice Mitsubishi:BangHead:. The '91/'92 Spirit and Daytona R/T twin overhead cam intercooled turbo's were really cool... and FAST for the day. But, the Camaro and Mustang guys still had the cool sounding pipes, and were burning REAR wheels. So, sadly, we complained and some grabbed on to the new Dakota with a V8 magnum.... it was a V8! and rear wheel Drive! .... but sadly, a pickup none the less :(
In '08, they tried to replicate the Challenger, and did a good job. Looked like a challenger! Hemi V8 rear wheel drive, dual exhaust! Now something to be happy about! :p (let alone the RWD hemi Chargers/300C's)
Nope, mopar fans found 100 reason to hate on it.
So now, this is where we are, and wonder what went wrong, and where did Mother Mopar go??:realcrazy:

Ford fans loved every Mustang, and they sold like hot cakes. Not us, we want a 340 4bbl in an exact '72 Duster with an upgraded A/C. All else the same, or we ain't lik'n it.
Well, congrats! If a factory high 10 second Hellcat Chally won't please ya, then say goodbye to it.

I think the new Giulia platform will be alot better than the ancient Mercedes-Benz platform they were using before.The Giulia Quadrifoglio has been gettting rave reviews. And the fact that this platform was designed by Ferrari should result in some nice handling fun cars.

So, which cars have the Benz platform?

Agree with "318willrun", personally I am just happy Chrysler Corp. is still around in one way or another, the past is the past and it aint coming back, I have a 56 Dodge pu, a 2011 Ram Hemi, a 2013 Avenger Black top, a 2000 Neon and a 70 Duster in my driveway, I love them all, they in my opinion are ALL Mopars! I have always been one to support them through the good and bad, I bought a brand new pick up when they were in trouble in 82, I had a "K" car, all of it, and if I had the cash now I would have a Hellcat to, one amazing car no mater what the nay sayers say! just my two cents!

I foresee Mopar being sold off to the next highest bidder in the next five years.

Likely India or China

Ok, but I remember when Chrysler corp was in trouble in the 80's. Folks were crying because they had K-cars to buy :( Nothing to brag about in the coffee shops, to say the least. Then, in 1991, came the Viper. Too much for the average Joe. So, the crying went on. A very heavy Stealth with turbo's......?...... Nice Mitsubishi:BangHead:. The '91/'92 Spirit and Daytona R/T twin overhead cam intercooled turbo's were really cool... and FAST for the day. But, the Camaro and Mustang guys still had the cool sounding pipes, and were burning REAR wheels. So, sadly, we complained and some grabbed on to the new Dakota with a V8 magnum.... it was a V8! and rear wheel Drive! .... but sadly, a pickup none the less :(
In '08, they tried to replicate the Challenger, and did a good job. Looked like a challenger! Hemi V8 rear wheel drive, dual exhaust! Now something to be happy about! :p (let alone the RWD hemi Chargers/300C's)
Nope, mopar fans found 100 reason to hate on it.
So now, this is where we are, and wonder what went wrong, and where did Mother Mopar go??:realcrazy:

Ford fans loved every Mustang, and they sold like hot cakes. Not us, we want a 340 4bbl in an exact '72 Duster with an upgraded A/C. All else the same, or we ain't lik'n it.
Well, congrats! If a factory high 10 second Hellcat Chally won't please ya, then say goodbye to it.
A bunch of whiney bitches!

I'm one to wait and see how something turns out before I automatically call it a piece of trash just because some people can't leave the 70's for the life of them and "it's not really Ma MOPAR any more. Things change..if they make the Challenger a piece of crap I'll be the first to say so...In my book I think they got it right with the Challenger this time. Car for car I'll take the modern one over the original version in a heartbeat. I am very disappointed in the Charger though..would have loved to see a 2 door version.

I dunno, people joked about the K cars, but they actually saved chrysler. I doubt anybody would call a daytona shelby a K car, well some might however it did everything it was designed to do well "for its time". It had good acceleration, braking, handling, looked good, sounded good.

My point is companies develop platforms and tweak them for different applications all the time. Even the first mustang was a falcon underneath. Maybe the alfa platform will shed a bit of the challengers current weight making it faster. I dont see the hemi going away anytime soon either.

I dunno, people joked about the K cars, but they actually saved chrysler. I doubt anybody would call a daytona shelby a K car, well some might however it did everything it was designed to do well "for its time". It had good acceleration, braking, handling, looked good, sounded good.

My point is companies develop platforms and tweak them for different applications all the time. Even the first mustang was a falcon underneath. Maybe the alfa platform will shed a bit of the challengers current weight making it faster. I dont see the hemi going away anytime soon either.
I loved my 1986 C/S Daytona T-top 5 speed. I also loved my '91 spirit R/T. I completely toyed with a fox body GT. You couldn't bang the gears fast enough. They listed it as a 14.40 car, but that was due to traction issues. I know mine had the pull to hit 13's, but no way to hook it up with factory tires.
But.......... but....... they weren't RWD V8 dual exhaust cars, and I remember mopar guys pleading for a RWD V8 car. I wonder how many of these same guys are on this site belly aching about the New Challengers??????? :realcrazy:

My .02 cents - I love the Chally AND the Charger. I'd have a one in a minute if I had the coin. Ok, the Charger is a 4 door but it is a great looking 4 door and has the performance chops. The past is past and we won't see it again - I am just happy we can still buy something that isn't a generic jelly bean car. Neither the Challenger or Charger fits the current everyday mold, neither of them is bland and boring.
And if Chrysler can put it's own stamp on an Alfa platform, I don't really see anything wrong with that. Alfa Romeo is a premium European brand, has a great history and their current offerings are pretty good.

I have a 2015 200 with AWD that is on that platform. Sweet car. It drives great and holds the road. It also moves like a scaled bat. The Dodge Dart is also on the new platform and the people that I know, most have never driven MOPARS absolutely love their cars. I personally feel they are moving in a good direction.

Just say NO to imported pieces of ****..ie:anything Mopar/Fiat is putting out..nothing but AMERICAN in my driveway!!!

-
Back