Nothing to laugh about

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know hundreds of folks who own plenty of guns, and none of them have ever hurt anyone. I wish uninformed people would quit blaming the guns.

Blame the lack of decent health care, and the fact that the psycho wards that used to house most of these maniacs, have shut down. The maniacs are on the street, and have been breeding for decades.

Society and our so called leaders are at fault.....plain and simple. There are hundreds of thousands of insane people walking the streets with nowhere to go and nothing productive to do.

I agree with the 2nd, and we need it now more than ever!

I guess it could be argued that anyone who would do such a crime is actually insane, but every once in awhile, there is someone who just turns out to be a killer.

There is also the sheep who realize that the gov that was Democratically elected and is supposed to look out for their best interests is in reality one of the wolves and they are getting tired and frustrated that no matter who we elect they end up being a liar and a thief for their own interests.
All this with NO WAY of trying to change it without being labeled a domestic terrorist.

I don't believe I am saying this in public...I often go into very dark, twisted places in my mind. I often think about killing people...have this "thing" about woman with slender necks...often think about raping them while strangling them. Part of the reason I was deemed a hazard to self and others were these thoughts. I would often put target pasties on people's cars I didn't like...which was damn near everyone. A firearm would be my last choice. Take a lot of rounds to kill a crowd. My choice would be a good old molotov cocktail. Bit of gas, a bottle and a wick. People want to harm others...will ALWAYS find a way.
Simple as that...
Cant believe you said that either but since you have, I applaud you for standing up and admitting it. I hope you have received the help you need and if you havent and there's a way I can help get you that help, please let me know.

To those that don't think we should own firearms...put yourself in my place. County with 11 Sheriff's. 2700 square miles to cover. 911 response time of an hour. What do you suggest I do if someone were attempting to harm my WIFE? Last night a neighbor had a coyote get into his goat pen...he raise goats to feed himself...without his rifle he would have lost all of his food for the upcoming winter...

To those that don't think we should own firearms...put yourself in my place. County with 11 Sheriff's. 2700 square miles to cover. 911 response time of an hour. What do you suggest I do if someone were attempting to harm my WIFE? Last night a neighbor had a coyote get into his goat pen...he raise goats to feed himself...without his rifle he would have lost all of his food for the upcoming winter...
Same here, it took 55 minutes for an ambulance to show up for a stroke my grandmother had out here. Last time I called for a sheriff deputy for an attempted break in out here, 2 hours.

Cant believe you said that either but since you have, I applaud you for standing up and admitting it. I hope you have received the help you need and if you havent and there's a way I can help get you that help, please let me know.
Thank you for your concern. I am currently under the carest of a very good head doc. I am very fortunate to understand what triggers me...stress....I do my absolute best to avoid it...

OP, excuse me, but I couldn't care less what you think about my constitutionally granted rights in my nation.

I don't know who you think would be laughing about the senseless killing in our country. Is that something common there?

Last edited:
To the OP if you apply your view of guns killing people. I guess we should ban Dodge Challengers . They have proven to kill people in Charlottesville Protest. I guaranty you that I own more guns than most and have more rounds of ammo than most. At 62 years of age I have YET to point a gun at a human. Maybe we should also ban pencils for miss spelled words, or McDonalds for people being fat!

I don't believe I am saying this in public...I often go into very dark, twisted places in my mind. I often think about killing people...have this "thing" about woman with slender necks...often think about raping them while strangling them. Part of the reason I was deemed a hazard to self and others were these thoughts. I would often put target pasties on people's cars I didn't like...which was damn near everyone. A firearm would be my last choice. Take a lot of rounds to kill a crowd. My choice would be a good old molotov cocktail. Bit of gas, a bottle and a wick. People want to harm others...will ALWAYS find a way.
Simple as that...

I sure hope you are quoting someone or just being cute.

you live in a pipe dream if you think that is gonna happen. How's the ban on ****** working out? or Prohibition? Name me a law that all criminals will follow......

Cause the 2nd amendment doesnt say only the military should have guns. Guns didnt cause this. A sicko, a piece of ****, a coward caused this. It doesnt matter whether it was a hammer, a gun, a knife, a pressure cooker, a pipe bome, a car or an airliner full of fuel, if you wanna kill, there's ways to do it. You can't rationalize, violent, irrational people.

As a veteran, that was NOT a M249 or M240, I know the sounds of both of those very well, cycle rate too inconsistent to be either and too slow. My guess is either a Slidefire or other modification to fire full auto. If I was a betting man, I'd lean slide fire or other bump fire trigger, both of which are legal. Plus the round had too deep a pitch to be a 5.56. Sounds more like a 7.62 round. But it could be skewed by the poor sound quality of the videos ive seen too. I'd be highly surprised to see a M249 or a M240 be brought out, those are 60,000 dollar weapons and highly monitored under the NFA act.

Just on the news that it was quoted from a source in the know from the Vegas PD that the shooter could have brought the weapons into the country. We really won't know until the evidence comes out.

Just on the news that it was quoted from a source in the know from the Vegas PD that the shooter could have brought the weapons into the country. We really won't know until the evidence comes out.
Go Figure. Smuggled weapons across a border, conduct mass shooting, sure sounds like international terrorism to me.

[QUOTE I'm sorry but I don't like guns in any way shape or form. [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE="Mark Wainwright, I'm sorry but I just like guns.[/QUOTE]
I`m sorry, but I just like guns too.:rolleyes:

[QUOTE I'm sorry but I don't like guns in any way shape or form.

[QUOTE="Mark Wainwright, I'm sorry but I just like guns.[/QUOTE]
I`m sorry, but I just like guns too.:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]
:lol:

We were all shocked to learn about the mass shootings in Las Vegas. The question being why are these type of rifles allowed to be sold in the first place?
Being a Canadian I just can't believe how many guns are in your country. I'm sorry but I don't like guns in any way shape or form. A single shot should all be required for a hunter.
I'm not a hunter myself and the only thing I would shoot an animal with is with a camera.
I know it's in your Constitution to be able to arm yourselves. That was probably fine 100's of years ago but today we're supposed to be civil people.
If everyone put their guns away then nobody would need one. I know I'm going to get a lot of negative comments about this post but so be it.
Lets live in peace everyone.
Mark, I respect your right to your opinion and your right to state your opinion even though you live in North Minnesota :p. That's protected under the 1st amendment in the Bill of Rights. The right to bear arms is protected by the 2nd amendment.

Do you know why it's the 2nd? Because it's there to protect the 1st.

No matter how much you don't like guns or believe that the civilian population shouldn't have them, you can't get away from the reality that if given the chance, those in power will strip you of your rights! The only thing that prevents this in the end is the threat of an armed civilian response.

Even though we are neighbors. Our 2 countries gun laws are different. Whether good oe bad. Growing up as a kid without guns was "normal". Dad was an OPP officer and he never had to fire his.pistol (thank God)
No high crime where we.lived. Believe me we weren't hard done by but we were FAR from privileged.
So there has never been a need for a gun (for me and my family).
I did hunt with dad a couple times but it just didnt interest me, or dad that much for that matter.
For those with CCW, its hard for me as a Canadian to grasp strapping a pistol. Im not saying its right ot wrong, just."different" for me as a cCanadian.
God bless and prayers to ALL affected.

I know it's in your Constitution to be able to arm yourselves. That was probably fine 100's of years ago but today we're supposed to be civil people.

That's exactly right Mark, but as evidenced today not ALL of us are.

We are allowed weapons to protect ourselves from a tyrannical government.

Even though we are neighbors. Our 2 countries gun laws are different. Whether good oe bad. Growing up as a kid without guns was "normal". Dad was an OPP officer and he never had to fire his.pistol (thank God)
No high crime where we.lived. Believe me we weren't hard done by but we were FAR from privileged.
I did hunt with dad a couple times but it just didnt interest me, or dad that much for that matter.
For those with CCW, its hard for me as a Canadian to grasp strapping a pistol. Im not saying its right ot wrong, just."different" for me as a cCanadian.
Lucky you, I've had to draw on 4 occasions, including an attempted robbery down in Huntsville Alabama outside a CVS at 730pm at night in May 2015, which was the last time. Ive been shot at by poachers, I've taken 3 rounds to the back, thank God for ceramic plates, by an idiot with a gun on a range. Aint like hollywood, still hurt like a *****, I still have that hanging up in my closet as a reminder. BTW, I'm not a cop nor do I live in a dangerous part of the country. I live out in the sticks. Just seem to get a lot of drunk idiots and meth heads trying to steal stuff. Hate to say this, but after that Vicelord dude tried to rob me in Huntsville, I never leave home unarmed, even in Huntsville, it was still 15 minutes before the cops showed. Course I am trained more than most people too.

That's great Steve, that the crime rate is so low that owning a firearm isn't a question if you don't like them.
But, like ink posted sometimes you are just on your own and at the mercy of whoever and whatever they feel like doing.
Law Enforcement says basically to allow the person to do whatever they want to you and yours, then call the police and make a report. (in different words)
I say BS, because that just gives the perpetrator free reign with no threat of harm to himself and a really good chance to get away with it.
I have always said that having all the evidence in one nice neat pile makes it a lot easier to tell who did what.
Otherwise as his attorney would point out in court "you could have been mistaken" and "The light wasn't very good" and "how can you be so sure the person we went and arrested is the guilty party?"
All very effective ways of getting a guilty person off.
That is if they didn't just kill you because you had no way of defending.
I can tell you one thing I know from experience, and that is the amount of people who jump out of their car all pissed off to hit someone up in traffic in AZ is a lot lower because they know they could be shot for doing it.
Accosting someone in AZ is a roll of the dice man, and I like it that way.

Lucky you, I've had to draw on 4 occasions, including an attempted robbery down in Huntsville Alabama outside a CVS at 730pm at night in May 2015, which was the last time. Ive been shot at by poachers, I've taken 3 rounds to the back, thank God for ceramic plates, by an idiot with a gun on a range. Aint like hollywood, still hurt like a *****, I still have that hanging up in my closet as a reminder. BTW, I'm not a cop nor do I live in a dangerous part of the country. I live out in the sticks. Just seem to get a lot of drunk idiots and meth heads trying to steal stuff. Hate to say this, but after that Vicelord dude tried to rob me in Huntsville, I never leave home unarmed, even in Huntsville, it was still 15 minutes before the cops showed. Course I am trained more than most people too.

The ONLY thing that stopped my Sis in law from getting gang raped in LA one night while my brother was in a store was the Ruger Blackhawk in the glovebox.

Although I guess she could have just called the cops afterwards and reported them.
NOT!

The brother of a friend had to be stitched up in the aftermath. Lady friend's daughter had tickets decided not to go. Another friend's family was there this morning helping with the survivors. It's a tragedy that laws and ammendments cannot forsee. My prayers for the survivors, victims, and families.

The brother of a friend had to be stitched up in the aftermath. Lady friend's daughter had tickets decided not to go. Another friend's family was there this morning helping with the survivors. It's a tragedy that laws and ammendments cannot forsee. My prayers for the survivors, victims, and families.
Praying for the quick recovery of all those involved.

So, the latest is he used AR10s illegally machined to be fired full auto and had several AR15s modified the same way in the room with him. Checked in to two hotel rooms 4 days ago..... with thousands of rounds, thats a lot of work for 1 64 yr old man to carry up to the 32nd floor by himself. I still say there was a second shooter.... he definitely planned it well. And a guy who's brother said was not a gun fan...... yeah, he had help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back