novi 1200

-

AbodyJohn88

Reaction score
looking to install a paxton novi 1200 supercharger comlete kit. heres a link to it.
http://www.jegs.com/i/Paxton/769/1201851P/10002/-1?parentProductId=1128233#moreDetails
how many pounds of boost can u pysg through my 360 with cast crank and hyperutectic pistons. the kit sais it comes with pulleys to make 7-8 lbs of boost os 6000 rpm. if i only rev it to 5 grand do you think ill be safe???? untill i can put forged internals in it?

Did you read all the stuff you would need after purchasing the kit?

What is your estimated Compression Ratio? You'd be okay as long as your CR was under 9.5:1.
Thats a pretty costly centrifugal setup in the end :sign10:

i just put this kit on my 72 duster and i will tell u this much it is not a direct bolt on kit. u will need a pre 68 water pump and poss the pulleys as well. On mine we machined the pump face and had to get a diff crank pulley and then had paxton send an additional crank pulley spacer and had to machine it down to get the belt to line up properly. Then depending on if u are going to run a mechanical fuel pump u will have to boost reference it, or if you go the electric fuel pump you will need a boost reference fuel pressure regulator so that u have sufficient fuel pressure when under boost. But i will say this it is deff worth every penny i have spent to complete this in stall, but i also will say that if wasn't for my very knowledgeable friend and engine builder it wouldn't not have been possible. It makes 7 psi at 6gs at 5gs its right around 6psi.

I run the same kit on my 402 stroker, originally I had cast internals and ran 10 lbs boost. Now I have forged internals and running 16 lbs boost. Instead of changing to the older water pump I had a machine shop make a one piece crank pulley and spacer. I also changed from the box to a hat.

We just put a 12 psi pully on the other week havent really got to run it yet waiting on sub frame conetors to get here before I take it to the track. Starting to get ready to build a 408 with the paxton.

-
Back