odd crossover ports in early dual plane holley?

-
The intake has provisions to install an EGR valve on it.
You had to drill open the spots on the manifold for the flow & to link up with the port in the plenum.
That's the reason for the hole in the plenum, like any OEM EGR manifold.
It is also a single plane intake with what Holley called a balance tube on the back left & right runners.

I believe what you have is a manifold that served two purposes. The EGR portion is not finished on your manifold. Back when they were new you could have ordered one that was compatible for EGR. What they did here was make one casting so it could be finish with EGR or W/O. Saves from making two different castings. IMO.

attachment.php

OK..BUD!!!. the pic I have shows 4 ports...2 beside the thermo, one in #1 runner, and one in the plenum...= "4"!!

...just like this one, right???????????????....

attachment.php

Wanna show me the other ones??

You're really barking up the wrong tree with your comments here, and they are completely uncalled for and rude. Johnny is one of the best vendors on here, and has gone out of his way to help me numerous times.

Johnny simply asked if he was seeing 4 vac/egr ports on my intake. I said yes at least 3 into vac/egr...so he was in fact correct.

you then quoted him and said something implying that 2 of the 4 ports he see's are for temp ports into water.

he simply responded saying he is aware what a temp port is.

then you jumped all over it and start making rude comments.

to correct You. HE was correct. There are 2 water ports. no one ever refuted that.
There is a vac port in #1 runner, another in the #4, and 2 more in the rear of the intake, as another member points our are into EGR, but don't have plugs in them.

Thanks to all of you who actually helped!

I believe what you have is a manifold that served two purposes. The EGR portion is not finished on your manifold. Back when they were new you could have ordered one that was compatible for EGR. What they did here was make one casting so it could be finish with EGR or W/O. Saves from making two different castings. IMO.

I would have to agree. the rear ports do appear to sit right over the "egr basin" for lack of a better term.lol

Wowsers, Didn't realize calling someone bud was such an offensive word to use. Sorry i didn't see this till today, i was busy adding a new brand of cost effective billet distributors to the pace website so you guys don't have to shell major coin for MSD's. (because i'm a jerk like that).lol

I apologize for any mis-inference that i cannot tell the difference in front water temp ports, and rear, untapped egr ports. I also apologize if the masses believe it is outside of my abilities to count from 1-6, without mixing up 3 and 4 somewhere in the middle.lol

Sorry for muddying the thread, i hope anyone can see i take these things lightly, and i meant no foul by my comments.

back to this old school holley intake. It's very cool, and i'd like to know if you experience any gains with a spacer or not. i have read these were pretty low RPM rated, and a spacer wakes them up. Not at all implying that i am an "expert"...just that i can read sometimes....if the words aren't to big :)

Yeah really. It's just an intake. Some people would argue about how many holes are in a whorehouse.

OK...Mr Pace's original comment was ""That thing has enough vac ports...thats for sure. Lol 4?"

Being that I was just born last night, can someone...ANY one...... show me 4 vacuum ports?

OK...Mr Pace's original comment was ""That thing has enough vac ports...thats for sure. Lol 4?"
L
Being that I was just born last night, can someone...ANY one...... show me 4 vacuum ports?

Seriously man, please go. Idk who would take a comment with a "lol?" On the end and make it their civic duty to right all that is wrong in the world, and end war and famine by making sure everyone on FABO has not confused a egr port for a temp gauge port. Rest assured...we have all found salvation in your comments, and you may now move on to another thread to liberate those who have not heard the holy gospel.

Someone can't count. You called them on it. It hurt them profoundly.

I only see 2 vacuum ports. My question is WGARF how many ports it has? The OP didn't mention it.

Geebus.

Seriously man, please go. Idk who would take a comment with a "lol?" On the end and make it their civic duty to right all that is wrong in the world, and end war and famine by making sure everyone on FABO has not confused a egr port for a temp gauge port. Rest assured...we have all found salvation in your comments, and you may now move on to another thread to liberate those who have not heard the holy gospel.

Lighten up Francis. The guy was WRONG. If you are wrong and get called on it, take it and move on.

"The guy" asked if it had 4.....thats a question not a statement. Notably because of the multiple rear egr plugs. Not bc he didnt know what a temp port was? Now I cant count, and someone else was wrong for asking a simple question. You guys can really ruin a thread. As a newer member I see who the guys are that go out of their way to ruin the original purpose of a thread by being off point and rude.

I hope the mods delete this thread as it now has zero to do with my original question.

-
Back