Of all the A's You've Owned , Which One ...

-
Owned 2, both Dusters, the one I have now and a 73. Actually I lied I also had a 69 Dart.

I still am fortunate to own some cool A's, but I'll always miss the "White Knight". It was a 75 Valiant Brougham Sedan. It was a loaded 2 trim tag California car white with white vinyl and dark red bucket guts. I put scads of miles on it over 10 years before the rusties got it. To this day, I still have dreams about it. I've had a lot of cars since, but none hold a candle to that one.

My 72 Demon. 225 with a three on the tree. Fun car. Would still have it but for the lady that did not stop for the red light.

my first- '72 340 Duster
duster2.jpg

not an original 340 car...(very) built 340, 727, 8 3/4 4.10 SG.
I still own it, it's been parked for 15 years or so (it had a front end problem-wouldn't hold an alignment). Then the motor started rattling (sounded like a bearing, but my brother pulled it apart a couple years ago and said it looked ok). Then the vinyl roof started to disintegrate, and I parked it.
When I bought my Scamp, I pulled the front end off for the Scamp, pulled the buckets and got them recovered for the Scamp (with the console), and put the go-wing on it too. I'm going to go look at it later to see what kind of shape it's in, and if I can put it back together (if the underside hasn't taken too much hurt from sitting in the weeds for all these years, it'll be easier/cheaper to put it back together than to build one of the units I've seen for sale in the area lately.

I'd have to say this is my fave for alot of reasons :smile:. It's another members car now that I found here on FABO......It's in very good hands!!

Attachments

• Bobs 71 Demon 340.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 246
71 Duster. Had a Hamburger built t/r 440 in it, cage etc. Bought it, drove it for a few weeks and found out that the car could not be aligned and got my $$ back from the seller...car never made a pass down the 1/4 but it was the quickest feeling street car I was ever in ....

71 Duster, this was my baby, bought it in the early to mid 90's. Loved this car, drove it everywhere. Cleanest car I have ever came across.
71 Duster's, they are my favorite of all time! Need to get another one someday!

Attachments

• sc006362f6.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 223
My '69 Swinger. 340 4-speed, dark green metallic, bench seat, black interior, black vinyl top, no tail stripe, steelies and dog dishes. Not a flash car by any means, but the only factory performance car I've ever owned. I absolutely loved looking out over that hood. I sold it to get my Scamp painted. I should have my head examined, but it was more of a project than I could handle at the time. It looks like the owner may be looking to sell in the not too distant future, but I doubt I'll be able to get it back.

I'd have to say this is my fave for alot of reasons :smile:. It's another members car now that I found here on FABO......It's in very good hands!!
Thanks Its by far my favorite of the several mopars I've had.

Attachments

• 71 Demon 340 (1).jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 213
Back in 1971 my first car was a 65 Dart 270/post. It had a HP273 and a 3 on the tree. The car is long gone but it would be fun to have back. It was one of 8 I believe. toolman

my 1st car was a 67 barracuda coupe 273 2 bar, auto on column, but would rather have the 2nd "A" barracuda

it would be my 67 Barracuda Formula "S" coupe (factory 273 HIPO) 4 speed

but the one I really want was my brothers,

69 GTS 383, auto, 391 gear, white, white interior, red stripe. Dad would not let me buy it from him. He traded it for a olds convertble and some cash, the guy totaled it in within 6 months.

Love my Dart convertible and will miss it when it is gone, but will replace it with a 69 and make the car dad would not let me have.

The 69 in portland would be very interesting to me i it wasn't on the other side of the world .................. LOL

i miss a lot my 65 canadian Valiant ( us dart ) simple 4 door car , with a 225 auto nothing big but had good memories and this car was indestructible.. my uncle smashed it with a tractor and i sold it to be a parts car ...

too bad , and i regret that i didnt fix it ! :(

Valerian was is name ! R.I.P

69 Dart GTS, 340, 4spd, red exterior, black interior, black vinyl top

My '69 Swinger. 340 4-speed, dark green metallic, bench seat, black interior, black vinyl top, no tail stripe, steelies and dog dishes. Not a flash car by any means, but the only factory performance car I've ever owned. I absolutely loved looking out over that hood. I sold it to get my Scamp painted. I should have my head examined, but it was more of a project than I could handle at the time. It looks like the owner may be looking to sell in the not too distant future, but I doubt I'll be able to get it back.

This should have been a poll, 69 340 Darts have to be 4 to 1 over any other.

I had a green one, but my 68 340 s, 4 speed, turbine bronze fastback barracuda, and my Panther pink 340 70 duster, would be the ones I would want back the most.

This should have been a poll, 69 340 Darts have to be 4 to 1 over any other.

I had a green one, but my 68 340 s, 4 speed, turbine bronze fastback barracuda, and my Panther pink 340 70 duster, would be the ones I would want back the most.

I would loved to have seen the pink 340 Duster. What details? 4 speed?wheels? black stripe?

has to be my 1971 Demon 340 /4sp with the 8/ 3/4 3.55 posi with factory a/c hemi orange interior and hemi orange exterior with black vinly top I will dig up some pictures of it miss it the most out of all the cars I have own.

my dads 66 valiant we had a 440 in it. it ran low 11's. we had a nice little 63 valiant too had a 400 in it with dual fours nice little street car

My previous Duster is my favorite one I owned. I'm glad someone else is enjoying it now though. It was featured in Mopar Muscle last winter.

1973 Duster 340-4spd with factory sunroof & folddown rear seat options. Basin Street Blue B3exterior with white stripes. Originally all B5 interior but I changed it to a B5 & Super White two tone interior. One of very few ever made and it sure was purty.

Ive only had two a 66 Valiant and a 74 Duster ....The Duster is still in the garage and in no way shape or form do I miss the Valiant

I miss my 70 340 Duster the most I guess
Set up as a stock class car I drove it on the street & destroyed a lot of brand X owners ego with it
I started with the 5.0 boys first
it ran high 11's 1/4 mile through the stock manifolds

I had a 68 Formula S 340 notch for a while. All original with only 50,000 miles on it. Even had a small magazine article done on it in Muscle Car Review. It drove like a new car, and was a pleasure to cruise in, but I had the itch to go faster and didn't want to start messing it up, so I sold it. I've had a lot of fun with the fastback I replaced it with, so no regrets.

Attachments

• 68 S.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 106
I miss lots but the one I miss the most is my 71 Demon 340. bought it in Grade 12 for $1500 and spent $2500 building a 11.5 to 1 340 that was very stought. It had orange interior as well. He is a pic of it when it was my daily driver, I ran the cragers in the winter as well.

Attachments

• demon.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 90
-
Back