Offset motor mounts

-

Claydart

MOPAR to the very bones
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody, Hey while at a car show last week, I saw a 1964 Dodge 440 with a hemi in it. What struck me as very peculiar was that it had offset motor mounts to get clearance for that great big hemi engine in the engine bay. My question now is: why can't we get some kind of offset mounts for our early A-bodies to get better clearance for headers on the driver's side?

They already are offset. About 2 inches. If you moved it any further to the passenger side, you'd have no clearance for exhaust there, either.

They already are offset. About 2 inches. If you moved it any further to the passenger side, you'd have no clearance for exhaust there, either.
All I know Is the 70s Dusters, prolly some others, are right bout 1.5"/1.25" Offset from CL... I laid out Everything last year with a tape and laser, using references, to build a custom fresh air deal, as some others here have done.....Now, if I'd remember the EXACT number darn it! Think the offset Aircleaner was 1.5.... and maybe I turned it a Lil. Maybe the small block is off 1 1/4"? Completely off topic also. . My Bad

-
Back