oil filter help

-

Challenger

Reaction score
can you run a straight filter on 360 ci with tti headers with out problems or do you need the 90 degree adapter for clearance

can you run a straight filter on 360 ci with tti headers with out problems or do you need the 90 degree adapter for clearance
Probably get by without the adapter if you run the short filter. I've never ran the tri headers so can't say for sure. I've only ever had to use the 90 degree adapter on my dart with big tube headman huslers

Did you try to look around at the ttiexhaust.com website?

IMG_1207.JPG
3-1/2" deep Wix filter on a 360 with TTI's on my '69 Dart. I can get my left hand on the filter with ease but I can barely grip the filter with my right hand. I use the socket style filter wrench to loosen it. Definetly not a lot of room and I've found out how "durable" the TTI ceramic coating is (no comment here).

If such is the case, I guess a drip shield should be used when changing the oil then?
A small rubber mat?

If such is the case, I guess a drip shield should be used when changing the oil then?
A small rubber mat?
thanks for the reply yes I did look at tti site not a lot of detail---thanks for picture worth a thousand words-----I have seen the cannon adaptor that might be a problem with the extra thickness I think I will get it a shot ---thanks for the help

Perhaps a oil filter relocation kit?

I do run the 90* adapter with my TTI step headers. As mentioned above, a short filter would work if you don't run the adapter. I choose to use the adapter so I can run the normal sized filters. While we're on the topic of filters, I run Jomar 100% no bypass filters on both my warmed up Mopars. These are fresh engines, and both get regular oil changes based on time not mileage. I don't recommend Jomar filters in high mileage street engines or with thick oil in cold climates.

-
Back