oil filter ????

-

HaLB

Reaction score
I have a oil filter adapter I need to use with my headers on a 340. Seems like I purchased a short filter to make this work . Wonder if I will be able to find one. Local parts guys look at me like I am an alien if I do not by first thing put on counter

So if you ask for an oil filter, and they put a ball joint on the counter, you have to buy it? Yeah that is strange...LOL

Try here: http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=89008

A right angle oil filter adapter may work too. We ended up with a Canton right angle adapter and remote filter mount and used the big filter. More cooling, more filtering, more capacity.

Wix long filter is 51515. 51085 is a shorter version. I believe Napa filters are relabeled Wix

Need more question marks.

I was told I had to use the 90 degree adapter with headers, I don't, just have to use the short filter or it will touch the header and do a good job off cooking the oil. Try to not talk to the counter guys, just go to the oil filter section, look up whatever brand you wish to use, then most likely on the shelf they will have the short and long ones next to each other. I just open the boxes and compare them, everything the same except the length,?, your good to go. Hope this helps.

Purolator L14670
Fram PH43

Cross reference for you favorite filter brand.

I've used a Mobil 1 M1-204 and a Wix 51068. Both are carried at my local Autozone and Oriellys. The Mobile 1 is shorter

Thanks all for the feed back Looking forward to getting the Duster thumping again.

Fram PH16 -is shorter then the ph43...

this may be a dumb question, but did they change this? We used to buy fram filters (before the paper cap press release) and the ph16 was our go to filter that fit all of our numerous chrysler products. One day I sent the old man in town for a filter for my dart, and he brings home a Ph43. It fit, but was shorter than the 16....am I going nuts here? I swear that's how I remember it lol

I have always used a Fram PH8A or equivalent on my small blocks.... much deeper than a PH43. Probably have to have the right-angle adapter for this, but since that was stock, why not?

this may be a dumb question, but did they change this? We used to buy fram filters (before the paper cap press release) and the ph16 was our go to filter that fit all of our numerous chrysler products. One day I sent the old man in town for a filter for my dart, and he brings home a Ph43. It fit, but was shorter than the 16....am I going nuts here? I swear that's how I remember it lol

-
Back