oiling mods for dummies

-
Moper never had oiling thru the push rods-the car had spray bars never needed to oil thru push rods or block cause the spray bars do it all, its when he went to "stock oiling all this happened, the lifter bores are bushed hence "no"oil gets into the lifter and up thru the push rods-spray bars eliminate the nedd for any other oiling-steve

Ok - I misunderstood you. You're right - move on. It's the fastest means to the end you want.

Moper-----im not understanding your last statement can u help me out???"the fastest means to an end u want"

These are the original heads barton did - supposedly they are cracked-i was told by dunnuck-notice the oiling port plugged

Attachments

• 20150612_121243.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 282
  • 20150612_121219.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 314
  • 20150612_121211.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 287
They are 1.7 on the intake and 1.5 rockers on the exhaust.

Ain't read the posts yet but I'd get 2 sets of main bearings & use the upper halves so you have full grooved main bearings or I'm sure there are full groove sets of mains somewhere. I ain't tellin you anything you dont already know but either the passages are inadequate or the psi is too low or too much vol is being used where it shouldn't be or a combo of one or all three. Post how it turns out.

I am Robert - waiting right now on the block to get surface milled and bored.

In post #89 with the image of the head, did anyone else notice the color of the head? I've never seen an aluminum head this color. How hot has this engine been?

Rapid Robert-it is getting full groove H Bearings-when re assembled-going with BPE stroke kit. -steve

Steve thank you & post how it turns out. I have alot of readin to do (on here). there are some very sharp guys here (decades of experience is priceless!)/cant be bought and I might be able to find a 63-66 A body QUALITY roller for cheap! that 451 ain't doing me any good on the stand

-
Back