Ok guys need your help!

-
Take pictures! Especially if it falls off LOL
Oh it fell off
I got I moved tho
I came up with this contraption and I really thought it was going to work. It worked good for the first 20 yards or so and the ratchet straps broke so I drug it the rest of the way. It was a lawn cart I took the cart part off and used the frame with my lawn mower tires. And the I ratched strapped it all together. Had I had rear tires that wasn't flat I think it would have worked. Or if I would have used chain instead of a straps. Oh well I got it out and its safe now that all that matters.

20190419_173657.jpg

20190419_173656.jpg

20190419_173705.jpg

Single large pin or bolt down thru the center hole in the K-member would have been a nice pivot point. Glsd it all worked out.

Oh it fell off
I got I moved tho
I came up with this contraption and I really thought it was going to work. It worked good for the first 20 yards or so and the ratchet straps broke so I drug it the rest of the way. It was a lawn cart I took the cart part off and used the frame with my lawn mower tires. And the I ratched strapped it all together. Had I had rear tires that wasn't flat I think it would have worked. Or if I would have used chain instead of a straps. Oh well I got it out and its safe now that all that matters.

View attachment 1715322600

View attachment 1715322601

View attachment 1715322604

Bigger straps would have been better, or chains. But glad it worked out.

Chains would have worked unfortunately I didn't have any
I'm pisssd off I ruined two racket straps!!

Them little things aren't worth a p!ss... I work at a landfill, I literally pick up 2" straps every couple of days, have picked up some nice chains as well... Straps are nice to have, but I will always pick a chain up first when it comes time to hold what I want. Make an investment at the local farm store, a couple, at least 10' chains... 1/4" minimum, but 5/16"-3/8" would be better. And hold anything you would probably need.

Oh it fell off
I got I moved tho

Glad it all worked out. Sucks you had to move it. At least you had nice weather!

Add some steering linkage to that set up and you got a dart gasser!

Who need a front end when you got a garden cart?

Must...........have.........photos............(or video) LOL
I will get more photos tomorrow it is a disaster. Luckily I didn't tear the car up but I did destroy my yard oh well it just grass it will grow back.
Glad it all worked out. Sucks you had to move it. At least you had nice weather!
The weather was miserable today I literally worked in the pouring rain all day at one point we was under a tornado warning but I weathered thru it!! I gotta move my engines and some other stuff tomorrow and go buy a building or shed to put my tools and parts in I have my dart crammed full of all the important parts I'm gonna get a tarp to cover it just to make sure that they dont get wet.

So are you going to tell us all WHY you had to move it?

So are you going to tell us all WHY you had to move it?
Well yea sure why not lol
The land beside me was grandfathers and when he passed away it went to my father. The house and land has been empty for 12 years I maintain it keep it mowed, pay the power keep it heated pay the taxes on the land etc. I use the house part for a work shop and my tools. I use the car port part for my car. Well my dad is a giant pos tool and we got into a disagreement over something not related and his comeback was that I take advantage of him and he wanted me to move stuff or he was having it towed. So I had to move all my stuff I didnt get it all today but I got most of the important expensive stuff.
Now I have to buy a shed or something.
I'm looking at some land I'm gonna buy and just get the heck away from here. The irony of it all is that everything he has was giving to him by my grandfather and I have never got a penny from the man since I was 17 years old when I moved out but I'm taking advantage of him???

The land beside me was grandfathers and when he passed away it went to my father. The house and land has been empty for 12 years I maintain it keep it mowed, pay the power keep it heated pay the taxes on the land etc. I use the house part for a work shop and my tools. I use the car port part for my car. Well my dad is a giant pos tool and we got into a disagreement over something not related and his comeback was that I take advantage of him and he wanted me to move stuff or he was having it towed. So I had to move all my stuff I didnt get it all today but I got most of the important expensive stuff.
I'm looking at some land I'm gonna buy and just get the heck away from here. The irony of it all is that everything he has was giving to him by my grandfather and I have never got a penny from the man since I was 17 years old when I moved out but I'm taking advantage of him???

I cannot stand family arguments. I am sorry for your situation.

I cannot stand family arguments. I am sorry for your situation.
Me too it bad really bad!! I'm not geared for **** like this. It's been going on for years but I have ignored it because I dont like confrontation. Last Friday he took he said some stuff to my wife and I had to say something about it. I couldn't not defend my wife. So that lead to this!! He is a drunk and a hypocrite and I have delt with it for years and when I called him out the **** hit the fan. Basically he is a 3 year old in a drunk 55 year olds body!

Actually he probably cannot legally do that. Since he's being a ********, turn this right around. Demand 30 days notice. Tell him "and the rest" that if ANYTHING belonging to you walks off you will file theft charges

Actually he probably cannot legally do that. Since he's being a ********, turn this right around. Demand 30 days notice. Tell him "and the rest" that if ANYTHING belonging to you walks off you will file theft charges
I talked to a lawyer yesterday and he said legally there isnt much I can do but if he does throw away or damage my stuff I could take him to civil court. But legally it's his land and there nothing I can do since we dont have a rent agreement or a contract or anything like that. All I know is that this sucks.

Them little things aren't worth a p!ss... I work at a landfill, I literally pick up 2" straps every couple of days, have picked up some nice chains as well... Straps are nice to have, but I will always pick a chain up first when it comes time to hold what I want. Make an investment at the local farm store, a couple, at least 10' chains... 1/4" minimum, but 5/16"-3/8" would be better. And hold anything you would probably need.
Yep. I bought a 20' heavy logging chain at a flea market 45 years ago... when it was all domestic made and no foreign steel... Still have it in great shape and it has pulled everything under the sun. Got at least 10 chains of various lengths and sizes.

I talked to a lawyer yesterday and he said legally there isnt much I can do but if he does throw away or damage my stuff I could take him to civil court. But legally it's his land and there nothing I can do since we dont have a rent agreement or a contract or anything like that. All I know is that this sucks.
Whew that is a messy situation. Sorry to hear it. Well, I gues you won't mow the lawn there anymore.

Does this so-called dad do any work to maintain the property? Or are you doing it all? If you are doing it all.... then speak to your lawyer about something call adverse possession. In VA basically after 15 years of paying taxes, maintaining the property, doing so without permission (that is the sticky point here), and doing it in a manner where the world can see it, then you can make claim for 'quiet title' to the property.. In other words, you can claim the property.

Sounds like you have met most of the requirements for this: paying taxes, maintenance, and doing so openly for the world to see (legally termed 'notoriously'). The thing to focus on is if this was done 'without permission'. If there is no written agreement on this and no witnesses to any permission being given, that might put you in a good position. But, if he has kicked you off the property now, then that may put the last nail in this idea. Understanding this permission matter is where an experienced attorney's advice is essential.

But I can very well see also see chucking the whole deal and moving on. Sounds like you have had confrontation enough for a lifetime in this area.

And if it makes you feel any better.... some neighbor of mine went to the county to complain about the cars around my property and one other car nut neighbor. We both got letters saying we have to comply with the zoning laws or face prosecution. So I have to move a bunch of hulks to a friend 2 counties away who also likes German Opels, and then move a few more, and scrap 1 and sell a couple of 'projects' I Have been saving to work on when I retire in the next year or so. And this rigamarole all gets in the way for finishing my new garage in which to store a lot of this stuff.... which has been delayed by too much work time.

It's always somethin'.... being a car nut is getting harder and harder with all the 'persnickety' and 'greenie' types around.

I could trade Dirtbag father stories with you all day long but the good thing is is will never be like that with our kids...
My dad has been sober for 30 years and I still have to treat him like a seven-year-old. Or at least process what he says as if he was seven. Keeping at least a thousand miles away has helped..

I got to tell you it at my age what gets real hard as having friends that had really good Fathers and trying to explain this to them. They miss their fathers and the good relationships they had with them and when I talk truthfully which is not very well of my father it doesn't strike them so well....

The weather was miserable today I literally worked in the pouring rain all day at one point we was under a tornado warning but I weathered thru it!! I gotta move my engines and some other stuff tomorrow and go buy a building or shed to put my tools and parts in I have my dart crammed full of all the important parts I'm gonna get a tarp to cover it just to make sure that they dont get wet.

Yeah I was sort of kidding when I said that. With that front coming through I was wondering. When it rains it pours, so to speak.
I have a good friend that's done some amazing work with one of those Harbor Freight canopies and a 10 by 10 tin shed from Lowe's.

Whew that is a messy situation. Sorry to hear it. Well, I gues you won't mow the lawn there anymore.

Does this so-called dad do any work to maintain the property? Or are you doing it all? If you are doing it all.... then speak to your lawyer about something call adverse possession. In VA basically after 15 years of paying taxes, maintaining the property, doing so without permission (that is the sticky point here), and doing it in a manner where the world can see it, then you can make claim for 'quiet title' to the property.. In other words, you can claim the property.

Sounds like you have met most of the requirements for this: paying taxes, maintenance, and doing so openly for the world to see (legally termed 'notoriously'). The thing to focus on is if this was done 'without permission'. If there is no written agreement on this and no witnesses to any permission being given, that might put you in a good position. But, if he has kicked you off the property now, then that may put the last nail in this idea. Understanding this permission matter is where an experienced attorney's advice is essential.

But I can very well see also see chucking the whole deal and moving on. Sounds like you have had confrontation enough for a lifetime in this area.
No I'm not gonna be maintaining it anymore I am washing my hands of it. I'm getting my stuff out and turning the power off and I am done. This house was my grandfathers and he was a good man I will not disrespect his legacy over some petty **** it is technically my dad's and it's his to do whatever with so if he wants it to rot to the ground and let the poison ivy take it over so be it. I'm done. I'm taking a break right now from moving stuff. This is gonna take a huge toll on my project I dont have any where to work on my car anymore I'm in the process of getting a storage unit to at least put my stuff in. I called yesterday about one of those delivered barn sheds I may do that but I am gonna try and move so it not make since financially to buy a building and then move lol I found a piece of land closer to work I'm going on Monday to talk about a loan I'm may try and borrow some out of my 401k to put money down with.

No I'm not gonna be maintaining it anymore I am washing my hands of it. I'm getting my stuff out and turning the power off and I am done. This house was my grandfathers and he was a good man I will not disrespect his legacy over some petty **** it is technically my dad's and it's his to do whatever with so if he wants it to rot to the ground and let the poison ivy take it over so be it. I'm done. I'm taking a break right now from moving stuff. This is gonna take a huge toll on my project I dont have any where to work on my car anymore I'm in the process of getting a storage unit to at least put my stuff in. I called yesterday about one of those delivered barn sheds I may do that but I am gonna try and move so it not make since financially to buy a building and then move lol I found a piece of land closer to work I'm going on Monday to talk about a loan I'm may try and borrow some out of my 401k to put money down with.

I bought my house with what was supposed to be a 401 loan for a down payment on a house. I found a little place in the country, because I got tired of my old neighbor

I could trade Dirtbag father stories with you all day long but the good thing is is will never be like that with our kids...
My dad has been sober for 30 years and I still have to treat him like a seven-year-old. Or at least process what he says as if he was seven. Keeping at least a thousand miles away has helped..
My father was a decent parent when I was a kid he wasnt around much he wasnt the nurturing type he was strictly the enforcer and the bread winner which I can respect that whatever. It wasnt until I got older things began to change and it maybe the older I got the wiser I got and I could see thru his bullshit idk? But he is a alcoholic and he had quite drinking for close to 15 years and started again around 2005. I think I have mentioned it but I too am an recovering alcoholic (31/2 years sober) well in 2005 I was at my drinking height so I thought it was cool drinking with my old man. The difference was when I got drunk I wanted to set at home eating pizza and watching TV. He wanted to argue and fight. He is an extremely hot tempered jealous envious petty person. So about four years ago I started seeing changes and some stuff happened between him and my mom and around that time I was getting clean. After I got clean I made it clear I didnt want to be around it and I didn't want my family around it. And he just couldn't accept that and he would come to family functions drunk off his *** and I kept my mouth shut and ignored it. Then last year things got really bad and my mom left him. I told them both I didnt want to be around him I didnt want my kids around him. And all was good for about 6 months and then my mom went back to him. So for the last six months i havent seen my mom and my mom hasn't seen my kids. I still talk to them both I talked to my dad on the phone for almost an hour the day before this whole blow up. Then the next day (drunk I'm assuming) he calls my wife and tells her off and says I should leave her and all this stuff because him and my mom havent seen the kids in a year bla bla bla. So I call him back and tell him don't talk to my wife she had nothing with her. Well he takes sends me a text saying that I'm nothing but a freeloader and he gave everything to me. It's just childish crap because I'm not giving in and giving him his way. So be it. I ain't never got nothing i didnt earn. Except for the land I live on and it was given to me my my grandfather. It was my wedding gift. He gave me and my brothers and my dad all land. My brothers was smart and sold theirs and moved away.
Literally everything my dad has was giving to him by my grandfather. The land he lives on the house this land where I live every thing. But I'm the freeloader .

-
Back