OK - I give - how do I remove back seat?

-

kittypancake

Reaction score
I thought the rear seat more or less "clipped" in. I guess it doesn't matter what I thought cuz I can't get it out! Any advice?

what i do is brace my back against the front seat

push down on the front of the seat and then push back with your knees..

you have to do both sides

Push down, sometimes pretty hard, push back while still pushing down. Once it slides back, lift up on the front of the bottom, and then pull forward.

The back may be held in by a couple of bolts down low, or some bent metal through some "hoops". It depends on the year.

Tools needed; 4 ft pry bar, sludge hammer, plumb bob, and a 2 inch socket. No, really now, just like someone said before, when removing the back bench, push down on the front of the seat and back with your knees, then lift up. MMG

Thanks - I almost tried the 4ft pry bar! I'll try again

In case it helps, here are a couple of pix of the anchors for the seats. The first in the one at the front of the lower seat, so you can picture how the seat frame needs to go back first and then up and forward. The second pic is the anchor in front of the package tray that hooks to the top part of the rear seat frame. Hope this helps! L8r

JIm

Attachments

• IMG_2834.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_2835.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 155
The rear seat back will drop down some due to gravity, etc... Shove your hands down in the nip and pull the seat back upward as much as possible. This provides space for the rear seat bottom to move back , then up out of the floor hooks.

-
Back