ok you 383 experts,

-
Not sure what you mean by what's wrong....but that's a sweet car!

There is no "S" badging that I can see, tail panel isnt correct for an "S". I could be wrong, but is that a vin tag on the door post?? Is it something you spotted engine wise??

I'm not sure but maybe the OP is just asking us what's right and wrong about the car because he's interested in buying it.

I'm not an expert on these cars by any means. Right off I noticed 2 SMALL things. Not sure, but I think the hood spring on the radiator support is supposed to be natural not painted. Could be wrong on that. Also, the seller said the car has new wheel cylinders & shoes on all 4 corners but the car has a disc brake master cylinder. It has an aftermarket overflow bottle too, but it's a really nice car. Don't think anybody is trying to pass it off as a 100 point car or anything. I'd love to own it!

There is no "S" badging that I can see, tail panel isnt correct for an "S". I could be wrong, but is that a vin tag on the door post?? Is it something you spotted engine wise??

There is no 383-S badging on the front fender because of the 383 call out in the stripe. The tail panel is correct but all of the black paint is off of it and that tag on the door is a decal that states the the vehicle conforms to all of the US Safety Standards for 1969.

There is no 383-S badging on the front fender because of the 383 call out in the stripe. The tail panel is correct but all of the black paint is off of it and that tag on the door is a decal that states the the vehicle conforms to all of the US Safety Standards for 1969.

Yep you're right, I forgot about the engine callout, its kinda hard to make out the badge on the tail panel too. You'd think if it was an "S" he'd point out the definites on it.

Ooh ooh by the way it has hit reserve and is at 15,500. I'd love to have it!!

Martin fess up if this is a trivia question!!! Oh ok now you are gonna say you are buying it??

It,s a nice car,but looks to me like he rattle canned(painted)the top of the engine to quick without removing parts to paint.Overspray on many items.JMO

Other than what has already been mentioned.....the original radio is missing and it has some add-on aftermarket speakers in the kick panels. The seat track studs look oversize to me.....maybe they were replaced?

I'll toss my hat into the ring :

- The word "END" on a Hamtramck tag ( they always finished with "EN1" or "EN2" )

- Rallye Wheels ( didn't make it until the 1970 model year )

- Build Date of "228" ( last day of February ... lol ... doesn't mean anything )

- Engine should either be Engine Orange ( 330 h.p. , non-a/c ) or the Engine Blue it is ( 330 h.p. with a/c )

I'm sure there are other things , or even things that an untrained eye ( like me ) wouldn't notice right-off . I'm just mentioning things that I see as suspect .

I got s thing for red and purple cars!

It has an a06 code that I thought was inclusive of an a/c car (I could be wrong) but I don't see anything in the pics that it had air. I know, I know there's no hardware for the air. :drinkers:

-
Back