Old Cam Dynamics cam GOOD FOR A STREET CAR????

-
Ooops I said 3369p didn't I, sorry? Yep, that's them 2369P 73 stock replacements that aren't even made anymore.
Correct. Those are forged replacements for the 72-73 340 engines. 8.5:1 compression.

buy some 10.5 : 1 pistons , good with your 4 gear manual and 3.55 gears, and Maine is cool. if u like wrenching on 340 engines like me, throw the cam u have in as a learning thing and get back to us experts. I think with more compression and if u can tune the combo-that cam will be good-not great

I take it the cam is already installed.

If I was going to run what you have, I'd install it at 100 ICL and run it. If you want to get something more reasonable for street driving that's another option. Either way you are taking the timing cover off.

A 4 speed can cover a lot when it comes to big camshafts.

I take it the cam is already installed.

If I was going to run what you have, I'd install it at 100 ICL and run it. If you want to get something more reasonable for street driving that's another option. Either way you are taking the timing cover off.

A 4 speed can cover a lot when it comes to big camshafts.

I might even install the thing at 98 and try it. With that slow ramp it surely won't kill it. Make sure you VERIFY piston to valve clearance.

Doesn't sound like you want to ditch the cam yet.
You can increase lift to .533" and speed up the ramp some 6-7% by using 1.6 rockers.
Mill the heads some more and definitly use thin headgaskets to fill those abundance of valve reliefs in those generic universal Chevy-style pistons.

buy some 10.5 : 1 pistons , good with your 4 gear manual and 3.55 gears, and Maine is cool. if u like wrenching on 340 engines like me, throw the cam u have in as a learning thing and get back to us experts. I think with more compression and if u can tune the combo-that cam will be good-not great
If a true 10.5 SCR was achieved, then the DCR would move up to the low 6's. That is lower than a stock 318. So at below 3.5-4K RPM this thing is going to putt around. Once it get up on the torque curve, then it'll move... until it runs out of of flow with the heads. If the heads are not well ported or large like Edelbrock Performer level of flow or larger, then the thing is gonna start running out of steam in the 6k range. With an under 2:1 good usable torque range, it's gonna be un-fun to drive on the street. Just when you really get going, it'll start choking on flow.

This is not all theoretical. I raced for quite a while on a mid 5's DCR 4 banger..... 7.6 SCR and a 300 hydraulic cam. Dead below 3800 RPM. Yes, I could putt around at 2500 but it would not take off worth a crap 'til 3800. It's only saving grace was that the heads flowed fine to about the optimum shift point of 7500-7000 RPM, so it barely had a 2:1 usable torque range. You ain't gonna do that on your 340 without some serious heads and valvetrain.

Speaking of Maine, that was a rally car and we used to rally out of Rumford, up towards Rangeley and to the NW.

The cam card is wrong..not that it really matters but the adv duration should read 306.

That makes the advertised vs .050" durations a bit more sane! OK, now the DCR with the present pistons is in the low 5's range....

-
Back