old school and new school

-

1970-dart

Reaction score
At bowling tonight my buddy parked in front of me with his charger and took this cool picture.

mopar1.jpg
mopar2.jpg
mopar3.jpg

than you with new full quarters/deck filler/truck lid/trunk floor and drop extensions then v-8 swap/all new suspension from front to back and a total rebuilt rear end its been a ton of time and work but so worth it. its very good feeling to save any classic car but a special kind of feeling when it was your dads car and you do all the stuff he wanted to. its time for abetter paint job but way to many other things to do.

sweet ride. i sure hope your buddys car never becomes a classic

lol just like us (im older than my car)they all become classic but who knows how cool the chargers will be in 50 years. Especially since the Challenger was reborn and im not sure if the dart was even considerd muscle back then. I think the the charger is a damn nice car but should have been named something else

I guess the new cars becoming classic cars is kinda like hearing rap and other modern music junk on the oldies station.
My youngest son tells me that whenever he comes to the garage and I'm playing the oldies channel, or Carolina beach boogie and blues from myrtle beach, south Carolina

I guess the new cars becoming classic cars is kinda like hearing rap and other modern music junk on the oldies station.
My youngest son tells me that whenever he comes to the garage and I'm playing the oldies channel, or Carolina beach boogie and blues from myrtle beach, south Carolina

i used to think the same thing when my dad was in the garage listening to Elvis on his 8-track player running off a car battery on the bench hooked to a couple of old paper cone (taped up lol)6x9s.

Oh i long for those days again lol

I can easily see the Chargers becoming classics. Heck, our 2016 200 might become a classic! It's just as plausible as darts and Valiants being classics.

I can easily see the Chargers becoming classics. Heck, our 2016 200 might become a classic! It's just as plausible as darts and Valiants being classics.

I could definitely see the numbered editions (06-08 Daytona Chargers, SRT8s) becoming classic collector cars. Everyone likes cars that were already limited edition.

I am not very happy with the new cars right now. My sons Ford Fusion had the transmission go out. As usual, the warranty just expired. 3500 to have the transmission rebuit. I just can't work on it either

I could definitely see the numbered editions (06-08 Daytona Chargers, SRT8s) becoming classic collector cars. Everyone likes cars that were already limited edition.
Think of it along these lines, soon as I get my Duster (economy car back then) running/driving good, I'm gonna tear into my next project, a 67 valiant 4 door! Now comparing that to modern cars would literally be like someone in 40 years bringing back a lowest option possible, base model dart with the smallest 4 cylinder they have. Just look at neons, economy cars. No they're not classics but there are ppl fixing em up. Not many maybe but still, I had a 98 4 door neon started out as a 2.0L and the previous owner swapped in a worked over 2.4 from a stratus, fun car! So the fact that people are fixing up slant 6 A-bodies, 4 doors etc. tells me it's not a far stretch to say people will restore v6 chargers, and maybe even 200s and darts in 30-50 years. Course by then they're won't be gas or roads so maybe not. Lol

A More door Charger? Really?

Now I didn't say I thought the four-door Charger thing was a good idea at all. In fact I think it was a terrible idea, but they can't go back now. I think the two-door part is one of the reasons the new Challengers were and are so popular.

Now I didn't say I thought the four-door Charger thing was a good idea at all. In fact I think it was a terrible idea, but they can't go back now. I think the two-door part is one of the reasons the new Challengers were and are so popular.
At least they could have made a few 2D , HT, versions.

-
Back