Old School vs New School

-
OLD SCHOOL!!! The last time I stopped for gas a young guy (late teens/early twenties) was walking by and said, "That car is a beast!!!". I said "Thanks, still working on it".

treblig

That car is in the air, love the old school look.

I put Pro-coms in the duster.
They were in there about a month and took them out, the side bolsters are so high it made it hard to get in and out.
Bought factory buckets and re-done them.
Plus they did not look right in white.

1000443c.jpg

That car is in the air, love the old school look.

I put Pro-coms in the duster.
They were in there about a month and took them out, the side bolsters are so high it made it hard to get in and out.
Bought factory buckets and re-done them.
Plus they did not look right in white.

1000443c.jpg

You know that's a very interesting observation...most people wouldn't even consider how easy or hard it would be to get in and out of a car when choosing their seat!!
I just ordered a bunch of old school drag race and Rat Fink, Sonoco, Thrush, STP, Hydro-Motive, Schrader Valves and many other stickers to (hopefully) make it look like the Barracuda came from the past in a time machine.
treblig

Attachments

• 1000x1000[1].jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 164
  • images[2].jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 185
  • images[5].jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 134
  • images1JCLSXLM.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 175
  • imagesD2K9E9KO.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 138
  • imagesQ6TMOZ0T.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 130
  • imagesSJHHDHM0.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 167
newby; Those look purty nice.
Lots here look good.
As to high bolster seats;
I Found the same thing with Corbeaus. Too hard to get into, too high off the floor, too hard for daily driver, and scared I would break the side bolster(195 lbs). Now if some manufacturer would build an asymmetrical seat, with high inboard/low outboard, bolsters; that would interest me. lots. I mean my left hip/shoulder is nearly in the door panel, now.How much further can I slide? I dont need or want a high outboard bolster.
The Corbeaus went back. Current seats are from an old RX7. Not too bad in the corners.

Yes definitely harder to get in and out of, but more about the comfort and support while driving. So much better than a stock bucket and lets not forget about the cost factor. Would be into stock buckets for a lot more by the time they are completely redone and still don't have a recline adjustment.:cheers:

Thanks "newby",

Some folks don't like the jack up stance but we all have to drive the car that we like and where I live everybody loves my Barracuda.

Good luck with your seat choices!!

Treblig

Few photos with the back seat done to match the new front ones.

Attachments

• IMG_20150312_180231740.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_20150312_181024124.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 114
-
Back