On the road again after 30 long years

-

Plumcrazyfreak

Reaction score
First thing I want to do is to Thank all the Fabo members who have endured and have replied to all my goofy questions through out the tail end of my restoration project. I seriously believe that I would'nt of been able to do it on my own. Credit to every one of you for shareing your endless amount of knowledge with us newbies. :cheers::rolleyes:
Long story short.......... Sold my car in 1979 with 43,750 miles on it for $2,000.00. It was 2004 & 23 years later, the owner called me to see if I was interested in buying it back. I just about pissed my pants. The very next day I drove the 200 miles and bought my car back for $5,000.00, It was stored and hadnt been licensed since 1981. Still with only 44,900 miles on it. A 1970 Duster #'s matching 340, 4 speed car. It's July 2010. Six years later my cars on the road. I pulled the 340 & 4 speed. Replaced it with a R3 360 & 904 so my two kids can run it at the track. Needless to say its been a long road. Completely went thru the car, ground up restro with a couple twists. A 71 sharktooth grill & the 71 hockey sticks.
New engine, tranny, fresh rear end, interior, ext paint, chrome, brakes, wiring, tires and rims, every thing.
Oh ya, I should mention that I'm divorced now.....But I have my kids full time.
Thanks again Fabo members.

P1010136.JPG

P1010148.JPG

P1010133.JPG

P1010143.JPG

Beautiful job,congratulations.Do you have time to do mine?

Sweet car! And congrats on the kids and building it with them in mind! Way to go, dad!

Great car! It's really awesome that you were able to buy it back and so few miles were put on it in your absence - really special thing to share with your kids!

Beautiful car and great story.

But inquiring minds want to know, you stashed the 340 and 4 speed for later insertion, correct?:-D

WOW!

Very nice. Very cool story.

Congratulations on getting it done.

Wow talk about luck with having the previous owner call you, good for him and you. That really is a sweet duster! Congrats!!

First thing I want to do is to Thank all the Fabo members who have endured and have replied to all my goofy questions through out the tail end of my restoration project. I seriously believe that I would'nt of been able to do it on my own. Credit to every one of you for shareing your endless amount of knowledge with us newbies. :cheers::rolleyes:
Long story short.......... Sold my car in 1979 with 43,750 miles on it for $2,000.00. It was 2004 & 23 years later, the owner called me to see if I was interested in buying it back. I just about pissed my pants. The very next day I drove the 200 miles and bought my car back for $5,000.00, It was stored and hadnt been licensed since 1981. Still with only 44,900 miles on it. A 1970 Duster #'s matching 340, 4 speed car. It's July 2010. Six years later my cars on the road. I pulled the 340 & 4 speed. Replaced it with a R3 360 & 904 so my two kids can run it at the track. Needless to say its been a long road. Completely went thru the car, ground up restro with a couple twists. A 71 sharktooth grill & the 71 hockey sticks.
New engine, tranny, fresh rear end, interior, ext paint, chrome, brakes, wiring, tires and rims, every thing.
Oh ya, I should mention that I'm divorced now.....But I have my kids full time.
Thanks again Fabo members.

Very Nice!

Love the scoop, is it a bolt on?

KP

-
Back