One leaves, another arrives

-

lilcuda

Reaction score
My 1966 Barracuda rode off with it's new owner yesterday. A few days before, my new acquisition arrived. The new car some of you may know, it's the road race Valiant formerly owned by Tim Werner that was featured in a few Mopar Muscle articles.

It was sad to see my old car go away, but I felt I had to try something new when the opportunity came my way. The Valiant is a beast and will take some getting used to.

Here's a pic of the old car going bye-bye and the new one in the garage.

Attachments

• IMG_0919.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 490
  • IMG_0923.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 509
Damn that must be "mixed feelings" LOL

Definitely mixed feelings. I was pretty sad when the Barracuda went away. The nice thing is that it went to a good guy who appreciates the car for what it is and all the time and effort I put into it. He's a member here, so maybe he'll post about the car as he does things to it.

Yes, Scott Smith @ Harms auto. I bought it from him.

Did you trade Scott? I wanted that car when it first went on CL but I would have had to sell my Dart for it and travel 3 states away. That's hard to do when you work 20 hours a week and are a full-time student.

Damn. He flipped that ***** fast.

I kind of new it was too good to be true. He's a big numbers and original options car guy. As much fun as he had taking it to the track once or twice, you could tell he was bothered by the unperfect paint and missing trim.

I kind of new it was too good to be true. He's a big numbers and original options car guy. As much fun as he had taking it to the track once or twice, you could tell he was bothered by the unperfect paint and missing trim.

I don't think the main factors he sold it was because of the paint and trim.

There are lots of people that like lots of different cars and types of cars. Very few can own them all at once. Some just take a taste and pass it down the table. I'm sure he didn't loose money on it. But I'm sure Lilcuda could still not build that car for what he paid for it.

I would have kept the 66 barracuda UNLESS the dart was a 2 door hardtop(no rear quarter window post)

I hope I do!

Thinking about coming down for Spring Fling Speed Festival on April 9, 2015 ???

All the participants would love to see the car and you come down. Very well known car among Mopar road race guys.

We'll have instructors, lots of open not crowed track time, and lot of fellow Mopar handling enthusiasts to offer any help we can. Most of the people there know the car pretty well from when Tim Werner built it.

It came down once to the first Spring Fling Speed Festival in 2007.

These are pictures from 2007. Since then the motor, trans, sway bar setup, and other things have totally changed/improved

7292456-IMG_2604.jpg

2007-05-03_038.jpg

2007-05-03_016.jpg

2007-05-03_034.jpg

2007-05-03_015.jpg

There are lots of people that like lots of different cars and types of cars. Very few can own them all at once. Some just take a taste and pass it down the table. I'm sure he didn't loose money on it. But I'm sure Lilcuda could still not build that car for what he paid for it.

I agree with you. He probably is using the money to finish one of his Dusters.

Did you trade Scott? I wanted that car when it first went on CL but I would have had to sell my Dart for it and travel 3 states away. That's hard to do when you work 20 hours a week and are a full-time student.

No, I paid him cash, then sold my Barracuda to recover some of the funds.

Yes, I could not build it for what I paid for it. Nobody could. I'm not even sure what my long-term goals for the car are. I just know that if I passed up my chance to own it, I would regret it. My friend Jim Lusk put it in a very good way. He told me: "You can always undo buying the car, but you can't undo not buying it if it never comes on the market again."

I would have kept the 66 barracuda UNLESS the dart was a 2 door hardtop(no rear quarter window post)

Dart? What Dart?

Believe me, I struggled with the concept of selling my Barracuda. I owned it from October 1987 to October 2014. 27 years. I just couldn't keep it and buy the Valiant and I felt I wanted to try something new. The night before the guy came to pick up my Barracuda, I was toying with the idea of calling off the deal, but I don't have enough space and I don't have enough money to keep both.

-
Back