One of you guys needs this.........76 Charger........

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
No, silly this is NOT my car!!

1976 Dodge Charger

1976 Dodge Charger. 360 2V. automatic. Runs good. 2,150.

00e0e_9yG10xULYAN_600x450.jpg

00Q0Q_jZB44Tx85a2_600x450.jpg

00p0p_hjmYLbrPeeA_600x450.jpg

00202_6sySL1GQgkm_600x450.jpg

01616_fdLQR42ypc6_600x450.jpg

Yes, these are the hideous years.
However, they do ride very nice.

Would rather have the Cordoba with carinthian leather...
Corinthian?

laugh all you want, but when you need to cruise 300 -400 miles, or more, you can do it comfortably in those late B-bodies, and when you get where you're going you're not beat to crap, you're still fresh. They can perform quite respectably, too. The '79 300's were good-looking, luxury 2dr cop cars. My friend's 300 would do low 15's/ high 14's in the 1/4 mile with a slightly warmer cam, and when you were doing 100+ mph you felt as confident as if you were doing 60 mph in a new car.

Maintenance guy at my old apartment complex said he once restored a 76 Roadrunner. Told me it was the most money he ever wasted...lol.
Personally, I think they are kinda neat, but 76-78 was a pretty sad era for cars in general.

That is a deal ! If I wasnt 1 car away from divorce I would be on Hwy 95 right now heading for Sandpoint.

One of the last, still at least 'somewhat' decent looking models from the '70s.
Blackout the interior and things get a lot better.

I've had a rusted pile of '77 Charger which had really nothing going on for it in the looks department.
The rust didn't help either of course :)

1977 Dodge Charger

Left rear quarter is crunched, but whats even worse about that car is those fugly rims. :p

Left rear quarter is crunched, but whats even worse about that car is those fugly rims. :p

I see nothing wrong with the wheels, but DAMN I think you are right about the crunch. Makes ya wonder, don' it? That the seller would "forget" to show/ mention that small detail?

All I know is I really miss my 79. Great all around fun car with all the comfort goodies.And the HP 360 ran really good.No rust California car for under $5000.Can't be beat for a daily driver.

IMG_2152.jpg

That was removed the day after I bought it. Also that's why the guy was selling it.Started fine when cold but no spark with a hot engine.Crappy computer. Swapped out the Lean Burn Thermo Quad for one from a 73 340. Happy camper then..

I personally feel they have nice lines and did what they were intended to do quite well. Be comfortable modern cars...

The mid-late 70s Domestic styling was a unique and revolutionary era. Cutlass Supremes , Monte Carlos , Cordobas , Tbirds and Cougars.... all could be had with T-tops . They were very comfortable and the materials were a huge upgrade over the 60s.
IMO...

The last of the B bodies? Yes they ride soft, still had some style, lean burn? that can easily be changed, you would be surprised at the number of people that love the FMJR cars. I admit the hate the disco era seats found in some. The E58 360 4 bbl was the fastest engine of any maker, any car of 78-9. Faster than the vet even.
Look at the 76-80 F body, the volare roadrunner, Aspen RT, that body looks so much like a duster. Yes HP was down from the pre 72 cars, but... cool spoilers, graphics.... nice ride, handles well, can still be had for decent price if you look.

I would love a Mirada or Magnum/ Cordoba/Charger T-top car.... they are really just a tune up and cam away from a really strong runner.

I personally feel they have nice lines and did what they were intended to do quite well. Be comfortable modern cars...

The mid-late 70s Domestic styling was a unique and revolutionary era. Cutlass Supremes , Monte Carlos , Cordobas , Tbirds and Cougars.... all could be had with T-tops . They were very comfortable and the materials were a huge upgrade over the 60s.
IMO...
I agree. Just look at the 70 model Gm cars and what the 73 Plymouths started to look like. And from there the styling was a lot in common. Still nice cars to drive down the road.
Yes Mopar had trouble with changing their paint system in 76 and it bought broke them, they fixed it that next year , but..

And like just said, change out the cam and give it a tune and it runs pretty good, with decent gears like any of them!

I get it if you dont like the styling of these cars but bagging on the performance is silly. The 75-79 cars are no different than the 71-74 b-bodys short of the heavy *** bumpers and brackets. Its the same platform with different sheetmetal and softer bushings. Throw some poly bushings, tighter shocks a cam in the motor, and delete the lean burn and they perform just as well as the 71-74 cars.You can gut the bumpers and fab up new brackets and lose 100lbs as well. Most of this can be done in a weekend for less than 500 and you have a sweet sleeper with comfy seats for 1/3 of the price of any other b body.

I mentioned that the 360 4 bbl engine of 78-9 was the fastest production US engine of those years. Not anything to brag about but faster than anything else, Vette included. I imagine the compression of anything from '72 up was on par. Like said, if someone likes the styling, the 360 of that date can be made to run pretty decent with minimal $ and work. Yes the car was heavier than a '70-6 Duster, but some weight can be easily removed, and suspension stiffened easily.
These can be cool cars when someone stumbles onto a solid one especially, if a driver and cost is in line. Not everyone needs nor an afford a 68 charger rt! Like aeonmallister just said, can be had for 1/3 the cost of other B Bodies! The good examples of the F body roadrunner and RT cars especially with the 360 #engine and t top are getting up there in $ and will cocntinue to rise as this generation becomes more of the main age group playing this game.

-
Back