Only Gold members can bump ads?

-

dartguy2360

Reaction score
Since when can only Gold members bump ads? I have a bunch of parts that I wanted to offer to the forum community first and list them on Ebay only if they didn't sell. So I listed four of them, one sold and three did not and I can't bump them. I wonder how many forum members will start listing on Ebay and avoid the forum classifieds completely?

Last edited:
Ebay lets you use an email address too AT NO EXTRA COST. :)

Since the beginning of the site. It's been in the rules the whole time.

IMO if you want to make money selling parts on FABO get a gold membership to help support your selling venue. If you just want to casually sell parts, then you dont need a gold membership.

IMO if you want to make money selling parts on FABO get a gold membership to help support your selling venue. If you just want to casually sell parts, then you dont need a gold membership.
I just wanted to sell the extra parts I have. I'll just list them on Ebay

Since when can only Gold members bump ads? I have a bunch of parts that I wanted to offer to the forum community first and list them on Ebay only if they didn't sell. So I listed four of them, one sold and three did not and I can't bump them. I wonder how many forum members will start listing on Ebay and avoid the forum classifieds completely?

It's been that way forever, as far as i know.
The way it's always been.

As far as going to ebay from this forum, you have got that wrong.
People leave e bay, and come to these forums.
A, B, C, E, bodiesonly, moparts, dodgechargers, to name some that i follow.

Not very many would avoid the free for sale forums on this site if they have parts they want to sell just because they can't bump their ads.
Not halfway smart ones anyway, so maybe Ebay would suit and we could just buy them from you there while you pay the fees. :D

Seemed like your post kind of leaned towards "I'll shoot myself in the foot" threat.
Please accept my sincere apologies if I misread.

Which will cost you something.
Yes, it will cost something but since they will be exposed to a worldwide market they probably bring more money which will in all probability more than offset the cost. I was listing them here to not only get them out of my garage but also help out fellow members.

Yes, it will cost something but since they will be exposed to a worldwide market they probably bring more money which will in all probability (more than offset the cost.) I was listing them here to not only get them out of my garage but also help out fellow members.

No, you said yourself you want to more than offset the cost. That means you want profit, not to just "help out fellow members".

No, you said yourself you want to more than offset the cost. That means you want profit, not to just "help out fellow members".

Now Rob, this guy is trying to do us all a favor at his own expense and you are giving him a hard time.
Like FABO and it's other components are not world wide I guess.
This just gets funnier. :D

Forgive me Dartguy if I tease you a bit, but you so stepped in it.

Yes. I should be ashamed. ......NOT

No, you said yourself you want to more than offset the cost. That means you want profit, not to just "help out fellow members".[/QU
Maybe you should read my post a little closer, I said "that it would more than offset the cost" NOT "that I WANTED to more than offset the cost". Besides if money is all I cared about I would have listed them on ebay from the start. If you look at my ads and what I was asking for the parts you would see what I was asking was less than most people were asking for the same parts on this forum. You seem very quick to anger.

Whose mad? We're just pokin you with a little stick. lol

Now Rob, this guy is trying to do us all a favor at his own expense and you are giving him a hard time.
Like FABO and it's other components are not world wide I guess.
This just gets funnier. :D

Forgive me Dartguy if I tease you a bit, but you so stepped in it.
I stepped in nothing, I am only expressing my opinion which is what this forum is all about.

And so far, the littlest stick. :D

We get it, but that's the way it is so please don't try to threaten or tell us what we are missing because of rules that are not probably going to change.
Now if you have an original Sox and Martin 426 Hemi, then maybe we can kiss your butt a little. :D

Well, I would anyway.

I have a 1956 Hemi. You gonna pucker up for me a little?

Since the beginning of the site. It's been in the rules the whole time.

Not that way when AdamR started FABO. After he sold it the new owner started that.

It was a problem with sellers bumping constantly at will. So you can't bump at will now, but you can do it more often if you pay a fee.

I suppose he could just start a new add over and over
till it sales as he is allowed no bumps.
One is just as annoying as the other, no real difference I can see.

He can also change the exact amount of the item for sale.

Or if one sells, he can post that one sold.

Or add a new picture of the item...

And, I have bumped a few ads that I thought worthy of attention. But things are moving so fast now with so many members that threads are off to page 6 in just a few hours. It's getting really hard to keep up. I posted a thread on Sat and it's so far gone I can't even find it any more. Last time I saw it it was on page 11.
Anyway if I stumble across something interesting I will continue to bump it.

It's all about the owner paying for the site. Can you imagine the size of memory you would need to keep all the threads, posts or just the photos? The new software costs a lot. A gold membership is a small price to pay for all the advertising you get. And it is a captive audience. Nothing but A Body owners! It doesn't get any better than that.

It's all about the owner paying for the site. Can you imagine the size of memory you would need to keep all the threads, posts or just the photos? The new software costs a lot. A gold membership is a small price to pay for all the advertising you get. And it is a captive audience. Nothing but A Body owners! It doesn't get any better than that.

Yeah, but these are guys that look for the cheapest ways to do stuff, find the cheapest way and then want it cheaper.

-
Back