Only on Ebay would the price goes up when it doesn't sell

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
hey DODGE FREAK,the items are listed on here for an FABO discount where ther are no fees for listing,selling or paypal,so thats why the prices are higher on ebay if your interested shoot me an offer and we will go from there,,now get off the free lunch line and quit bashing people!!

There ya go, insults always stimulate sales. I'll check back for the one I know have coming, peace!

This is what makes the world go round. You can only hope you are getting the better deal most times.
I have got some great deals on ebay and have seen some crazy pricing, just sit back and enjoy.:happy1:

i know what the seller is doing!. he is doing it perfectly. first he listed with a starting bid, and had no luck. well, the second time he decided to put a higher buy it now, with the make offer option, and is very smart!

i will always hold out on buying something that i dont need, because a better deal will always come along. if it is something i really need, i will bite the bullet after exhausting all my immediate resources. even something like my tuff wheel, after searching and searching one popped up on ebay for 150 and 70 for the can style adapter. i held out and while i was at my local pull n pay looking for some rims, low and behold, there resides a mint black tuff wheel and adapter in a ramcharger , and $15.00 later, it found a new home in my duster.

I tried to sell my 93 4Runner for a month and a half on craigslist, lowering the price every couple weeks. I got nothing.

Took a couple weeks off, jacked the price back up, and the calls started coming in. Sold to the first person that looked at it.

It's weird but sometimes raising the price is what's needed to move something.

i dont really ever hear about ebay unless im logged in here. i dont shop ebay and i probably never will. but if people are jacking up prices and people are buying , then more power to them

Yeah expect only on Ebay can you find rare parts--well maybe swap meets also but like I got new Carter carbs and real Cater rods and jets. An old Eledbrock dual quad intake for my 273 / 340 engine

Plus Ebay--and here--help you get a fair price for your old stuff you no long want

Ebay is like women in someways, far from perfect but they still can make life much better, lol

these kinds of threads suck. all the bitching in the world isnt going to change what people do

Not hoping to change them, just can not figure some folks out

Now like one poster said, depending on the items, a high price just might bring in more sales

Our mouths would drop if that engine ends up selling for $4,500

Not hoping to change them, just can not figure some folks out

Now like one poster said, depending on the items, a high price just might bring in more sales

Our mouths would drop if that engine ends up selling for $4,500

i understand your point here and i guess i could have put it differently. sometimes when people jack prices up , it is in attempt to cover other costs or to draw attention to their item. i have noticed that when something is really up there in price, people seem to gravitate towards it. i wasnt saying that this thread sucked, just the threads that turn into a boxing match over what people feel an item is worth. amazingly enough, some people really take notice when the prices go up and think that maybe they should jump on it before it is out of reach. IMO

The only reason I was watching that 340 engine was to see if it sell for $4,300

I have a 340 right now with kb hyper pistons--didn't really want them but .040 over they were my best buy and my machinist was all for hyper pistons so long as you never use nitrous. Said they are the lightest pistons out there and if the ring gap is large enough there be no problems--so far hes been right, engine sees 6,000--6,500 quite often and got a few thousand miles on it.

Something how a higher price draws more interest.

OMG

This guy has been trying to sell a degreeing wheel for over a month. Believe it started at $30 and then he kept dropping the price $2 to $5 each week. Me being too cheap never bid on it when it was down to $17

Well this week he listed it at $10-it sold for $31

Don't have the first ad at $30 but you get the idea..Edit, just recall, when it was at $30 he was including a threaded piston stop with the wheel

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Hey, no one said there was a "make offer".

That changes the argument. I got no problem with that.

Don't know what Bob's selling, don't care either. I don't see anything being sold on this thread therefore the "for sale rules" don't apply and quit your cussing SS.

Bob is very fair. And has some RARE parts you dont find every day. Just like most sellers like that you will pay a FAIR preimum. Just because you need it dont mean the price is gonna change. As already said if you dont like the price find someone else to buy from. Or simply send the seller a offer! Whats the worst that will happen he says no. Some people on here have way to much time on there hands.

Good Jesus Goddamn. Are yall mods a bunch of hypocrites or what? Bob has the EXACT SAME thing for sale in the FABO for sale section. The rules CLEARLY state NO comments. Isn't this the same thing? Letting this thread go on is tearing up the rules. Delete the sumbitch already.

Im going to agree. This is really stupid. If you can't afford it, don't buy and don't ***** because someone is asking what they are.

Wasn't bitching about the price !

Is news to me how wild prices can swing month to month.

Wasn't for this thread I wouldn't have understood the logic

And I did not know its listed for sale on here !

Great buys on Ebay are rarer but still happens. I look at everything sellers have listed and watch many many items

Maybe I got too much time on my hands, no wife, no kids and car still in winter storage, lol

Don't know what Bob's selling, don't care either. I don't see anything being sold on this thread therefore the "for sale rules" don't apply and quit your cussing SS.

Yeah I knew that'd be the cop out. Whatever. Yall don't like Bob. Never have. It's no secret.

give im a break, terry ain't like that. I have dealt with bob on occasion and he kept his end of the deal and when bruce was in need bob stepped up to the plate to help, I appreciate everyones effort for the helping hands that went into that and thank you for gitting me the measurements
Yeah I knew that'd be the cop out. Whatever. Yall don't like Bob. Never have. It's no secret.

Well, I'm sorry if I came off like that. I didnt mean anything personal against Terry. BUt yall think about this a minute. What would happen if everybody that was dissatisfied with an asking price in the for sale section started a new separate thread somewhere else in the forum just to ***** about it? See where I'm goin now? That's just as WRONG as complaining within the for sale thread itself. It's a double standard that would be nipped in the butt with a simple rule change. NO comments about for sale adds anywhere except PM. I mean damn Curtis, don't you set prices on your stuff you sell down there? Shouldn't everybody be entitled to ask what they want for something without getting bashed all to hell on a forum? I mean this has the potential to hurt people trying to sell things. People will start backing away.

With all the complaints I hear about it I now call it Eggbay. I rarely use it anymore. Unless I find an NOS part for a car. But then there are forums such as these. I am on 3 of Joeys and several others. There is nothing like free adds with no fees and lots of Mopar people.

Funny thing about prices.....if they're low, people thing something is wrong with it. He could put it on Ebay there with a BIN of $500.00 saying everything that has been done to it and everyone would thing he was lying about the stuff that was done to it or it had a cracked block or something stupid.

It sounds like a decent deal, not stellar, but it's not a gouging price. Best of all, I rather enjoyed his response, "free lunch line." Hahaha.

Yeah thats true but I found a set of MP heads back in 2008, price was BIN for $300 and just 3 hours in to the listing. Plus the seller lived 45 mins away from me. I jumped right on it but paid in cash.

Turns out the seller was a younger guy and just brought an old Duster that came from the factory with a 318 engine but had a built 360 engine-with those MP heads based on the 308 castings, I keep forgetting the numbers 7??

He wanted to make the car like "brand new" and was selling the 360 engine. Motor had less then 1,000 miles on it and he was selling the heads and short block separate.

You never know with Ebay, anything can and does happen I guess

You never know with ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back