Opinions needed..Colour choice

-

Nite Moves

Reaction score
Hey everyone.........Got a bit more done on my Dart......Good guy i know at Napa mixed me up a couple spray bombs to see if i like the colour.....I DO!.........Anyway.......I was thinking flat black hood with the plumb crazy??????????Will it wash out my grill? Not sure.......I think if i paint the whole car plumb crazy it will be to much. Opinions please.........Thanks N.M Edd......BTW...Painted the bumpers......No cash for rechroming as of yet........Etching primer works awsome..........:cheers:

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 199
  • 005.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 195
  • 007.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 201
  • 004.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 198
Flat back, or semi-gloss hood would look good with a scoop. It won't wash out the grill, it will just make it look tougher. I love the plum-crazy dot dot dot

It looks good Edd.I think the flat black hood will break up the color too:cheers:Just needs some fenders and doors now and your good to go.How do you like working on Mopars so far?You must be learning alot from this great site we call home(FABO).

I think that a flat black hood would look good, have you thought about doing the bumpers some other color, like an aluminum color, I have seen some done that way and they look good. I think the body color bumpers just seem to disappear into the car.

Loooks good NM........ I agree with the flat black as well.......I ....might.....also think about..... painting the....bumpers....flat black or gloss black. Looks good!!

When you have the cash go with chrome bumpers.

I have to agree Edd. In this day and age it is nice to see the old chrome bumpers, when everyhthing else is plastic. When you have the $$$ get them rechromed it is worth it. In tme mean time enjoy the great hard work you are doing!

I like what I see,the bumper is kick asssss for sure.Ed do her the way ya want trust me it will be well like and the best part you can say i did this my way.When you see my dart in person you will get the drift.I like saying I planed all this myself ,letsssss say a 1 off:-D its the one thing I can say about this site everyone does there car them self's.I dont like buying a car done,got to add my touch.She is starting to look good.

It looks good Edd.I think the flat black hood will break up the color too:cheers:Just needs some fenders and doors now and your good to go.How do you like working on Mopars so far?You must be learning alot from this great site we call home(FABO).
I know of some real good doors at a great price...LOL.......Lacking a fender...As for working on a Mopar..great. Cleaning the underneath..Hate it.Fabo is a great site other than a couple who like to respond to get you going or a raise out of you..LOL

I like what I see,the bumper is kick asssss for sure.Ed do her the way ya want trust me it will be well like and the best part you can say i did this my way.When you see my dart in person you will get the drift.I like saying I planed all this myself ,letsssss say a 1 off:-D its the one thing I can say about this site everyone does there car them self's.I dont like buying a car done,got to add my touch.She is starting to look good.
Thanks Snake.........With the bumpers finish being rough i decided to paint them. I like em this way. painting them also gives me cash to use towards other parts i really need.I might rechrome them someday, who knows. Thanks everyone for your comments......This is what keeps me going when my arms feel like there going to fall off.....This cleaning up underneath really sucks..LOL

One small thing though - don't use flat black for your hood. It will be a nightmare to keep clean looking and will fade faster. Go with a semi-gloss or satin finish. If you want to keep it low budget, use Rustoleum Satin and spray it on the hood. It will give it a slightly textured finish similar to the Organisol.

I think the flat black hood would look great. As pettybludart said it brakes up the purple.

Attachments

• P7110057.JPG
    77.8 KB · Views: 108
-
Back