Orange Twists 71 Duster Build

-
I've been looking for a twister set. Looks like im gonna have to do the same. I have a NOS Twister deacal in White but I also need a Matte black one. Ill keep this in mind. Thanks

I wish I had just had them made from the get go. I ended up with close to 100 bucks in my twister decals from experimenting, trying to find the right color. :D it happens.

thanks for adding the link dusterbd.

got mine installed yesterday. i almost forgot to upload the pics. easy install. time consuming, but easy. if you dont have ALOT of extra length in your wires, you will need to make new ones. picked up some new msd streetfires at oreillys for 45 bucks. so total investment, about 80 bucks and several hours to make sure it was perfect.

before:

2012-01-10_18-24-09_901.jpg

AFTER made4you vertical looms:

2012-01-28_16-44-59_423.jpg

2012-01-28_16-45-11_461.jpg

2012-01-28_16-45-40_866.jpg

needless to say, im pretty happy with how it came out. way cleaner looking.

didnt taylor wires buy out made for you products?? I recently put new taylor wires on my fish,,,couldnt find made for u any place,,,local speed shop had same products in a taylor package,

are your plug wires in the correct firing order? looks TOO clean at the distributor.

and mine came in a made4tou package from summit.

QUOTE=fstfish66;1705778]didnt taylor wires buy out made for you products?? I recently put new taylor wires on my fish,,,couldnt find made for u any place,,,local speed shop had same products in a taylor package,[/QUOTE]

Mine came in a made4you package. Taylor does make some that look the same. So I don't know.

are your plug wires in the correct firing order? looks TOO clean at the distributor.

and mine came in a made4tou package from summit.

Yeah they're correct. Since I made new wires I made the ones that cross sides at the disriburor long enough loop under the dist and up to their spot. I spent a lot of time and experimenting to get it looking as clean as possible.

mind if i borrow that idea?
really cant tell that from the pics you posted. but i really like that idea.

michael

Go for it. It just takes some time. I bet I spent 6 hours on it. That counts a trip to the parts store for new wires and a trip to the hardware to get slightly longer screws for the valvecovers.

Well, got it ready in time for the show. Moved in Wed afternoon, and was there all day today (with the help of my dad and a friend) cleaning, setting up, and hanging out. Got a pretty good spot. Just to the left of the main doors as you enter the main building, front row, by they summit racing booth.

A few pics of it sitting in its spot. This is probably the best picture.

2012-02-09_15-00-45_819.jpg

actually...after looking at them, this might be the best picture

2012-02-09_15-00-26_230.jpg

few more

2012-02-09_15-01-21_647.jpg

2012-02-09_15-01-01_993.jpg

2012-02-09_15-01-50_639.jpg

2012-02-09_15-02-12_988.jpg

2012-02-09_15-02-48_130.jpg

WOW!!!!!!!! Great job!!!!! You must be pumped!

Thanks guys. Its my first show with a car that's mine that's I've built, so its pretty cool.

you going to be there saturday?

Yeah, Ill basically be living there the whole weekend. Lol. Don't k.ow how much ill be around the car Saturday though. Have some people coming so ill probably be doing a lot of walking around with them.

the duster looks great,,,,love it alll of it wheels look great,,,,where did u get the front spoiler??

You did a very nice job on your Duster. You need to hug your Dads neck for laying under that thing and probably getting a coat of overspray on himself while painting the bottom....lol. I love your wheels and tires. What sizes are they, and did you have to use offset spring hangers/shackles to get those big tires on the back? Hope you have fun at the show. :thumbup:

-
Back