OU812 Build in CC Magazine

-

BrianT

Here we go again...
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to let you guys know that Brian's latest SB stroker build is in the October Car Craft magazine. 621 HP and 541 torque! Good reading.

Congrats to Brian and IMM!!!

AND it's for sale...

from Moparts
"620HP pump gas 414cid sb mopar for sale. This is the engine that's featured in CarCraft's October issue.
Will have a billet timing set, no carb, no headers, no dist or wires. Intake to oilpan....10,500.00 OBO! I can ship this engine anywhere in the U.S. for 150.00!!"

That's cool. Now maybe some of the rest of the world can know what we already do. Thanks for sharin, Brian.

I believe this is his second Car Craft ,he refers to the motor I bought as his Car Craft package , I just added a roller cam and some porting all for less than 8k including -carb,wires ,dist,water pump and crate with built in stand -519hp and 522tq thats value folks

I think that engine is here for sale as well.

I seen the article at our shop the other day. It was a cool build! Is this the same engine as before thathad the RHS top end, and was more on the tame side??

-Kenny

I seen the article at our shop the other day. It was a cool build! Is this the same engine as before thathad the RHS top end, and was more on the tame side??

-Kenny

Well....yes and no. It was the 9000 series crank, 360 block, but flattop pistons so I could shape the chambers like I want, and still have good compression without milling the heads.

Moroso pan was different, but the same basic shortblock, solid roller cam added and the ported eddy heads/intake combo.
There's more in that engine too. I ran out of time to blend the adapter to the intake, and we believe there was some power in valve lash but just flat out ran out of time.
John was at our shop from Friday night thru Monday afternoon helping us, taking pics and talkin lots of trash!! I had John file fit the rings and help with degreeing the cam in....maybe that's why it made such good power??

It sounded GOOD!

Hey I got a Dart that thing could call home! :)

way to go brian nice build good price for what you did

Well at first I was worried about the cost because this was supposed to be somewhat of a tight budget 600+HP deal. Truth is, Indy topend is about 1500.00 more than the eddy topend but I'm sure the indy would have made more power....problem is it would be at a higher rpm most likely, and with a stock block and 9000 series crank I thought that would be a waste of time.

I know most guys won't want to run eddy heads on an R3 block with forged bottom end but if they did, and race gas or E85 was acceptable the eddy topend can save some $$$ and I'm sure they can support 675HP. That's not too bad for a mild performance head.

I had 2 very very long conversations with Tom at Scat about the strength of the 9000 series crank, and our intended purpose but he assured me it would live even in a Transbrake car!
So I guess the block would be the next weak link to consider.

thats awesome brain, congrats!!! cant wait for you to build my next stroker!!! lol

Well at first I was worried about the cost because this was supposed to be somewhat of a tight budget 600+HP deal. Truth is, Indy topend is about 1500.00 more than the eddy topend but I'm sure the indy would have made more power....problem is it would be at a higher rpm most likely, and with a stock block and 9000 series crank I thought that would be a waste of time.

I know most guys won't want to run eddy heads on an R3 block with forged bottom end but if they did, and race gas or E85 was acceptable the eddy topend can save some $$$ and I'm sure they can support 675HP. That's not too bad for a mild performance head.

I had 2 very very long conversations with Tom at Scat about the strength of the 9000 series crank, and our intended purpose but he assured me it would live even in a Transbrake car!
So I guess the block would be the next weak link to consider.

Good to know those heads and cam you did for me won't be scattering counterweights outta the oil pan!

I can't wait for them to put this online. Only place around here that gets Car Craft is (was) Borders, and well.....

Conrats Brian...Good ink is always awesome.

-
Back