• optomist

Votes: 49 44.1%
  • pessimist

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • pragmatist

Votes: 42 37.8%

• Total voters
-
I hope for the best and expect the worst.

I laugh and smile all I can because life will bring misery on its own.

I guess I'm a pessimist. I would be like **** it's half empty working on a way to fill it back up. lol...

I'm somewhere in between these two thoughts. I consider, first and foremost, that life basically sucks. So from that "ground-floor outlook", you can only go up from there and not be too surprised if you get kicked in the teeth a few times on your way up.

I've found interesting that saying "being happy is a choice" (in the face of life's pitfalls). It took me a while to absorb it, but I think it's true and a good healthy outlook for living long. I'm definitely an optimist!

Use to be definitely half full, but slowly changing to half empty... "God and faith so many now hate! Quiet and privacy there ain't! Constitution and liberty now under change, guns are the crime, so criminals they make! Our mopar classics, are now under attack, and green house gases, the new way to tax! The way of life and how it use to be, will soon be just a memory! So catch'n wild pigs, is easy as this, go place a little food among the sticks! The pigs return, each and every day, once a month, add fencing to stay! Slowly build, as not to alarm, they pause for a moment, but see no harm! The last piece, of course is the gate! The pigs are corralled, what a disgrace!"

I've been mostly an optimist / pragmatist all my life - until the past few years. Now I struggle to see the good in much of anything.

I just taught myself something..hehe...I'm a realist

Life is what you make it. The more you put into it, the more you get out of it. Yep some days the glass is half full and some it is half empty. Enjoy the good days and learn from the bad. Nothing in life is guaranteed. Some days your the windshield, some days your the bug. Just remember don't kick a cow turd on a warm day and don't pee into the wind. But if you do, it all comes out in the wash.

Pessimist, I think of the worst possible things that could happen then when they do I ain't near as pissed as the optimist that thinks everything is gonna be perfect!

"I keep my expectations low that way I'm never disappointed" quote from The Devils Rejects.

I generally expect things to ultimately work out ok. However I'm a firm believer if the following so I don't get too worked up about stuff.

"100 years from now we will all be dead and no one will care anyway."

I am hopelessly optimistic.
I often UNDER estimate the time or money that any project will take. I rarely ever go into a situation expecting the worst.
Having stated that.....
I wonder if the world is really going to sh*t. At 47, I see the legalization of some drugs that are far more harmful than they were a generation ago. I see far too many people willing to take a handout rather than work for their money. I see Liberals tripping over each other trying to give away my tax dollars to buy the dependence of a lazy lower class of Americans. I see the entertainment industry and the media force feed us the ideas that being against Gay marraige or Illegal immigration is homophobic or racist.
Yeah... I am aware that this isn't the political forum. I try to be positive but I absolutely hate that this country is changing toward moral decay and against hard work and traditional values.

I am hopelessly optimistic.
I often UNDER estimate the time or money that any project will take. I rarely ever go into a situation expecting the worst.
Having stated that.....
I wonder if the world is really going to sh*t. At 47, I see the legalization of some drugs that are far more harmful than they were a generation ago. I see far too many people willing to take a handout rather than work for their money. I see Liberals tripping over each other trying to give away my tax dollars to buy the dependence of a lazy lower class of Americans. I see the entertainment industry and the media force feed us the ideas that being against Gay marraige or Illegal immigration is homophobic or racist.
Yeah... I am aware that this isn't the political forum. I try to be positive but I absolutely hate that this country is changing toward moral decay and against hard work and traditional values.
Political correctness has tied tongues and made freedom of speech a hate crime. You have spoken, and it is your right! So many feel the same, just afraid to say it....

I have a mostly optimistic outlook but realize what can go wrong so that keeps me from expecting too much. But it gives me an appreciation when things have a positive result.

In my view the glass is about 25% too big, not 50% because you need to make sure you have some space to ad more.

I'm an optimist at heart but a pragmatist in thought.
I guess I try to manipulate my surroundings to achieve a positive outcome that I know is possible. If that doesn't work out, I try a different angle of approach until you get a satisfactory result.
I feel that you need to buy or build a glass that suits your needs dimensionally, and put in as much water that you feel is right for you. Then you have no one to blame but yourself. You make your bed, now you have to sleep in it so to speak.
I also feel that the key to life is knowing when to start and knowing when to stop.
This is especially important in conversations. If you are talking too much, chances are that you aren't listening enough.
We all get dealt a bad hand in life at one time or another. Deal with it and move on. There are a lot of people worse off than you.
Maybe dwell more on the good times you have had than the bad ones and you'll change your perspective.
Learn to laugh at yourself!

It is what it is....

The difference between caution and worry, between zeal and enthusiasm, and between reality and appearances.

The only thing that really matters is NO ONE gets out alive.....Life is what you make of it, why worry about some stupid glass????

I'm a realist......the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

The only thing that really matters is NO ONE gets out alive.....Life is what you make of it, why worry about some stupid glass????

I would submit because optimism is what has made this country as great as it is / was. Without optimism about the future and what can be, we will become another 3rd world country without hope... And I for one have sure seen many, many formerly optimistic people become severely pessimistic over the past 5 years...

I would submit because optimism is what has made this country as great as it is / was. Without optimism about the future and what can be, we will become another 3rd world country without hope... And I for one have sure seen many, many formerly optimistic people become severely pessimistic over the past 5 years...

Last time I checked the "real world" aint all warm & fuzzy....nothing wrong with accepting reality...We are ALL going to die. There are things in life we have no control over.......and for me that simply means whether the glass is half full or half empty is pretty unimportant...

Optimistic pessimist. Hope and try for the best, but be prepared to accept the worst. I hope the water is cold, but if it's not I can still drink it.

Last time I checked the "real world" aint all warm & fuzzy....nothing wrong with accepting reality...We are ALL going to die. There are things in life we have no control over.......and for me that simply means whether the glass is half full or half empty is pretty unimportant...

Right. It is what it is.

None of the above, I'm pissed-off! Who the hell drank my water?! Get yer own danged glass!

:D

-
Back