Over 100 mph

-

1969GTS

Reaction score
My Dad is in town visiting and he's a huge Mopar fan. I decide to go out for a cruise in the GTS with good old Dad. Its hot as hell out so we open the floor vents and roll down the windows. I decided to show him what the old girl would do and we find a secluded farm road. I opened up that 750 Demon and pinned him to the seat. We touched on 100 MPH and POOF ...... 40 years worth of dust, pine needles and bird **** let go in the cowl and we were covered along with the inside of the car. I had to pull over with both eyes full of crap. It was funny as hell after.

HAHAHAHA that is too funny. When I bought my duster and we opened the floor vents and drove of we got a bunch of leaves and stuff up our shorts.

haha yep I always wear goggles the first drive after I did that once!!

sounds like fun though

This reminds me of the first time I took my dad for a ride in My Formula S. His first new car was a 325hp, 1966 Chevelle SS 396, 4 Speed, White with red interior.

Now.... At the time my Barracuda was running 11.78 @ 118 mph in the 1/4 on slicks.

We pull out on an empty section of the old rural highway and I hammer on it hard, power shifting all the way......

He said "That pulls almost as hard as my old Chevelle"......... I just smiled.

I bought a 69 Valiant years ago.It had been sitting a while and had a foul smell in the interior.I figured it was a dead mouse somewhere.I cleaned the interior top to bottom and looked all over for a dead mouse.I never found the mouse.I drove the car two years or so and one sunny day driving along my Wife starts screaming her head off so I pulled over.I had the cowl vents open and guess what flew out that mouse now mummified.I told her its dead quit being a baby. LOL Jim

My Dad is in town visiting and he's a huge Mopar fan. I decide to go out for a cruise in the GTS with good old Dad. Its hot as hell out so we open the floor vents and roll down the windows. I decided to show him what the old girl would do and we find a secluded farm road. I opened up that 750 Demon and pinned him to the seat. We touched on 100 MPH and POOF ...... 40 years worth of dust, pine needles and bird **** let go in the cowl and we were covered along with the inside of the car. I had to pull over with both eyes full of crap. It was funny as hell after.

Same thing happened to me and my dad last weekend!!! Got the Duster on the road finally after the owner let it sit for 5 years. My dad opened it up and tons of pine needles and leaves shot out all over me. I just vacuumed the car too!:-D

I,ve vacuumed my car 5 times,only driven it 7 times!Pine needles and mouse crap from Alabama still flying out!!Sounds like a nice cruise,with dear old Dad!!

Don't you hate that when it happens!

It's not fun trying to slow the car down with crap all in your face with one eye open because the other eye has a truck load of sand in it!

Try having that happen when your heading to a car show. The interior was clean. Now it's what the **** am I going to do.

Fred B

My car sat for 22 years, 5 years of that with the exhaust pipes disconnected. On the first start up, about 50 acorn shells shot out each tail pipe and left a nice debris field on the driveway. After the first drive with the vents open, I was picking that crap out of my teeth for 2 days.

I had a 66 Dart GT that I took through an automatic car wash with the vents open , When I got to the end of the car wash they have those huge blow dryers and it plasterd my legs and floor with muddy leaves and acorns.

Happened to me while cruising up the thruway. I thought the leaves were done and vaccumed the car. Second ride ,whaam another blast of leaves lol. Youll get it cleaned out but it probably purge its self another time .

Man, I am learning from this... dont vacuum my car till I travel 100+ mph and blow all the junk out, LOL

Yep....same thing happened to me yesterday. Travelling a short distance at 127 MPH and when I slowed down my vent was open and my lap was full of sand. Up to that point my car was clean.
Daryl

Those are funny stories, but with a serious message about our older vehicles.

Many moons ago, a buddy of mine began collecting those paper cut-outs made by hole punches. The secretaries thought he was slipping away from reality. An extremely hot day finally arrived and he took his cache of paper cut-outs and poured them into "Disco Boy's" vent grilles. Of course, at lunchtime, "Disco Boy" looked like he had a blizzard going inside his car.

I wish I was there to have seen it.

Let that be a lesson to you. Make sure you go over 100 mph on a more frequent basis to prevent that build up in the first place. lol8)

the same thing happened to me 2 weeks ago at 80 mph on a twisty back road here on the island , still got bits of branches and bark all over the interior can't figure out how it all got there the whole car was stripped to nothing and totally redone , first time I opened the fresh air doors and blamo like a scene from twister

-
Back