Overheating issues on a rebuilt 360

-
@Ccas so I’ve called cold case and they told me that I only need 3 3/4 inches of space between the radiator and the water pump pulley in order to fit there 16 inch fan shroud but the fan shroud dimensions is 30x6x26 and if I’m reading that correctly that means the width is 6 inches and that it won’t fit Im not doubting what the guy on the phone said was true I just wanna he sure before I make the order
Radiator part# Mop752

@Ccas so I’ve called cold case and they told me that I only need 3 3/4 inches of space between the radiator and the water pump pulley in order to fit there 16 inch fan shroud but the fan shroud dimensions is 30x6x26 and if I’m reading that correctly that means the width is 6 inches and that it won’t fit Im not doubting what the guy on the phone said was true I just wanna he sure before I make the order
Radiator part# Mop752
Well I would assume the fan shroud encapsulate the fan. Meaning the fan goes inside the shroud so it would be sticking out further...

Well I would assume the fan shroud encapsulate the fan. Meaning the fan goes inside the shroud so it would be sticking out further...
Exactly what I’m thinking so if the fan itself is about 3 inches then how is the fan with the shroud supposed to fit

Exactly what I’m thinking so if the fan itself is about 3 inches then how is the fan with the shroud supposed to fit
Let's get on the same page here are we talkin a factory belt driven fan with a fan shroud?

So I was bleeding the new cold case radiator I got and all of a sudden my car started idling at 1500 can anyone help me out here and tell me what might be my issue

F2515027-2860-4220-A24A-F755AD586F05.jpeg

I would make sure you haven’t knocked a vacuum hose/cap off.
I’d that plug wire burnt or dirty.

Where would I see those vacuum caps? I don’t think it burned yet but it was getting hot so I’m going to say dirty

The vacuum caps would be near the manifold or carb. Have you verified your throttle is closing all the way?

There is also a larger vacuum port under the float bowls. Usually used for pcv/power brake booster. I really dont know what you could of disturbed during the radiator R/I that would have caused this bump in idle. Thats why I suggested the basics first.

-
Back