Paint color ideas for my scamp

What Color would you do?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-
Those two colors flow together and don't clash.
Althought that is a good rule of thumb for picking colors, you don't always have to pick colors that flow together and don't clash. On the last page, 67Cuda360's barracuda is shown (Silver, Plum Crazy and Sassy Grass) and those colors don't flow together and clash like crazy. Yet I can't take my eyes off the car and I keep thinking how cool it looks. 67Cuda360 has a very nice paintjob, on a very nice car and that's no low compliment from me considering the fact that I find any paint job with more than two colors to be tacky. I only like two colors if they are a base color (blue, green, red etc) and a contrast/highlight color (white, black and sometimes silver). That said, it's important to keep in mind that you are building your car for yourself and not everyone here. Also too, no matter how many colors you use, if it's done right, it can still look cool.

Go with the two tone if you want it. most darts on here are just a solid color. kind of gets old when you've seen thousands. dare to be different!

I don't see two tone going out of style ever personally.

I know this is a Swinger and not a Scamp but it's the same body style and has a kinda badass 6pack look to it. It belongs to a friend of mine and I took the pic at the Monster Mopar Weekend here in Indy.

Attachments

• DSCN0231.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 219
I know this is a Swinger and not a Scamp but it's the same body style and has a kinda badass 6pack look to it. It belongs to a friend of mine and I took the pic at the Monster Mopar Weekend here in Indy.

triple black, love that look!

Go with GA4 Winchester Gray Metallic and black.
*It is not a common color (great to be different).
*It is a correct 1971 color.

Paint is probably one of the most difficult things to figure out.
While trying to decide what color and look I wanted on my Scamp
I looked at every combo out there.Two tone - solid - vinly top -
black out etc etc.Even did some sample painting (see picture)
First I had to decide what look I wanted old man (which I am)
muscle - modern.Ended up one color will be using a custom bumble
bee stripe.Good Luck

Attachments

• 2 scamp l.JPG
    84.7 KB · Views: 218
Wish I could help but color choice is the hardest thing to chose. Look at as many pictures of your type of car and go from there. It's YOUR CAR do what makes you drool! I'm more of a single color with a little trim color myself.

Hello DusterKrazy
I really like the side stripe on your Scamp, I have been thinking of the same type of stripe on the side of the car on my 70 dart. I am looking for a different look than the wrap around tail stripe. What model was your stripe a reproduction from? Do you have any more picures you could post.
Thank you in advance

-
Back