Paint inside cowl.

-

68383GTS

Reaction score
What are the best ways to get paint inside your cowl?Spray bomb every little hole?Pour paint in every little hole?I have been thinking of taking my cowl of my 67 Formula just to paint under it?

Thanks,Jim

I removed the cowl to inner fender brackets so I can flush out the cowl real good.Big mouse nest,leaves,and seeds in the cowl...

Attachments

• cowl and post 001.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 305
  • cowl and post 002.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 328
  • Formula S #2 013.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 300
  • Formula S #2 014.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 312
  • Formula S #2 015.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 311
  • Formula S #2 017.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 306
The center looks pretty clean.The worst is at ends behind where the brackets were.It would be a pain to remove but I guess that would be the best way.

A pain but worth it, especially if there is already some rust forming in there

I split mine and after welding the patches in used bed liner on the inside top and bottom.

30914_1447870521026_1361076797_1209462_2281050_n.jpg

Reach up through footwell vents and muck out as much by hand (or hit about 50 mph). Once you get it all cleaned out, use garden hose to make sure there are no leaks. Fog in with rust-encapsulating primer, followed by top coat of your choice. Might want to pull the rear splash panels out of the fenders, probably needs cleaning out in there as well.

I like the bedliner idea,but would use black bedliner. Should stay rust free virtually forever!

My 2 cents: give the mice some tiny paintbrushes and put them to work. They've been getting a free ride in there too long.

I like the bedliner idea. I will be taking mine off also. Mine looks like the one picture above. I have no idea what is living in there. or how bad the under side is rusted. I was going to use a under coating gun with a wand and POR15 but mines pretty rusted.

Before I used the bedliner I shot it in epoxy, scuffed the crap out of it (80 grit) then coated with POR-15 then scuffed the crap out of it and hit it with the bedliner. My thinking was if I had to go through all I did to find good sheet metal I didn't want to ever have to do it again.

-
Back