Paint shop Jail...Looking forward to release date.

-
Hallelujah... Hallelujah Lets hope you get it soon...How long after you get it back will it take you to get it back together??? I can't imagine having to wait as long as you have...Bill

i don't know how long it is going to take. I've been restoring some pieces as i have been waiting.
Any suggestions on where to start or what order to reassemble the car in?

I bought a flip top gas cap adapter from 4mulaSvaliant any suggestions on where to get the flip top cap?

I bought a flip top gas cap adapter from 4mulaSvaliant any suggestions on where to get the flip top cap?

67-68 cudas were plain ones, while 69 cuda had "fuel" cast in them. From what I have heard about repops, the quality sucks. Best off to get an orig and have it rechromed?? Ive seen quite a few for sale on here...

how is the quality of these ebay flip top caps?

No idea. Never seen one in person. You could always use the ones from a new chally. They look great but work the same way as a regular fuel door.

I had an old blazer in a shop in Maryland for over a year. I kept on him for progress and he always had an excuse. I finally had enough and came got my blazer and took it home. About a month later I read about the guy in the newspaper, he is accused of embezzling from the county. Apparently, he was funding his body shop through his daytime job with the county. Boy I felt lucky to gotten out of that mess before I became involved.
Since those day (almost 2 decades ago), I've learned to select a shop and have a written agreement. Many shops have their primary customer to please; the insurance companies.
Glad you're seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.
Andy

More of the same.

Got a call from the "painter" on Friday last week. He said I"ll call you next week and have you come get all of the interior pieces. I should be done with them. That way they will be out of my booth.

Well, it's Thursday and no call. He knows I'm on call fri,sat, sun. So today is the day I have available. And guess what? NO CALL!!!

I'm starting on the rear clip and paint/body on a '70 Cuda next month and committed to have it in color by Thanksgiving (I do this work on the side).
If I finish first will you just got get your car and parts from this yutz?
Stop in and tell him Jesus appeared in a dream and told you he's coming back in a few days and his 2nd stop will be that guys shop...

I had my car at a friend's shop to get the rear quarters patched. Had to pull it out after a lack of work being done bt other quick jobs came and went in the meanwhile. Taking the half done job somewhere else. Hopefully the result is better.

It is getting tough with these old cars to get work done. These days the cars are much different and people do not understand or want to understand how it was done. That's all I can figure.

I have the jail thing going on now too...I took my transmission to a race shop to have it built to handle 500-600 HP and it has now been there 4 weeks he told me 2 weeks...I called him and he said "It has been really busy" and told me it would be done this week...It is Friday and no call yet...I am worried because the transmission is a numbers matching transmission to my car and it has a reverse pattern valve body in it...I took pictures of the numbers and engraved parts on it to verify my stuff...It makes me crazy when people don't live up to there word...I would be in jail if I were in you shoes...Bill

I got a call late yesterday. Same old song and dance. Bad weather. Blah blah blah. Hopefully next week.

What a POS human being.

I think I would make a habit of calling or stopping by daily. it's better to drive him crazy with your persistence than him drive you crazy with his procrastination.

I've been restoring/rebuilding my heater box. I bought the kit from DMT that advertise on this site. I am very impressed with the kit. If you haven't done this step yet be sure and take more pictures than you think you might need. Lol.

Went by to drop off the ashtray door that my painter lost. (Thanks to whitepunkonnitro for a replacement).

The Dart looks great. The wet sanding has started. However he was not working on it today. Says he wants to be finished with it by the end of the month or maybe the first week of May.

Keeping in mind that I've heard all this before, I'm trying to not get too excited.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 219
I've been restoring/rebuilding my heater box. I bought the kit from DMT that advertise on this site. I am very impressed with the kit. If you haven't done this step yet be sure and take more pictures than you think you might need. Lol.

That....is an understatement!! Glad I got a parts box to refer to. Great kit BTW!

-
Back