Paint shop Jail...Looking forward to release date.

-
Where are these paninters that only charge $4,500.00?

Don't let the fact that you're stuck with this D-bag convince you that the industry is like that. Or that there's not a huge pool of non-professional skilled labor for this. The most expensive pro guys I personally know would have had your car done after 6-8mths, and it would have been 1/2 of what you've paid thus far. These are Mopar guys at heart for 2 generations and thier body and paint has won numerous shows even on a national event level. It seems to me that your cinicism was entirely cause by this guy's ability to sell himself initially and push you around as the project inched along. I can't wait for you to get it home and safe, and for karma to seek this loser out. He's not a man of god and he's not a professional in any other sense of the word than posessing an eye and hand for bodywork.

Given what you've experienced, and others have shared - would you still shake your head when a pro shop or resto guy looks a car over and says rough estimate is $15K?

Done yet? :angel1:

After your car is loaded, I think you've paid the admission to have a long discussion with this guy and vent some frustration and work out a deal so your both happy. Give him a piece of your mind. He paid for it.

I'm so glad I do this stuff at home. However, I am extremely far from any kind of professional. There is no way I could sink that much money into a car without my wife relocating my testicles off continent.

Thank goodness there are you guys out there that will so we can see some gorgeous stuff though :)

Hope you get your car back soon!

Jeez. I feel for you! This is frustrating for me,and Im only watching,no money in...

Well, it's Saturday morning. I'm standing in my shop looking at the place I made for the Dart. Only problem is, THERE IS NOT A DART SITTING THERE! EFFING LOSER! No call no text nothing but silence. But you guys have heard this before. This time I thought he was legit and not just stringing me along. I feel like some teenaged boy that has a girl he really wants to meet. But she just won't come over.

Just go over there with the trailer and wait until it is done it only take a couple of hours to buff a car after it has been wet sanded... Tell him it was the only time you could reserve the trailer for and you though it would be long done being he said it would be done on Friday.... Again I feel your pain I did get my transmission back and it only cost me $1000... Which is a good price for a 904 race built with 999 guts and a 2800 stall converter... It really woke the car up and is tricky to drive on the street without breaking the tires loose...Better days are coming for you...Bill8)

Im sorry you think this way, sorry you didn't get as good as deal as us,
Who is us??? It was all your fathers money Not yours so it would be proper to say: "As good a deal as him" I noticed your father is not saying a word so I'm sure I hit the nail right on the head... All that work for that amount money is either not true or the guy who did it is crazy or owes your dad for something...Your whole post smells fishy...Bill

Just go over there with the trailer and wait until it is done it only take a couple of hours to buff a car after it has been wet sanded... Tell him it was the only time you could reserve the trailer for and you though it would be long done being he said it would be done on Friday....

^This, like getting a job, or picking up girls, physical presence makes all the difference. You don't owe this guy anything accept a swift kick in the ***. Hurry the **** up. Tick tock, tick tock.

Go get your car tomorrow !! My car is in the body shop now , couple more months till I get her back though. We are all waiting to see that car in your driveway.
Punch that guy in the back of the head after you get her trailered. LOL

Thanks for all the support. I'll be calling today. It's been this long, what's a few more days. That punch to the back of the head sounds tempting. Lol.

Tell him God told you to come with the trailer :)

Now that is a good one. Tell him in church God revealed that there is about to be a revelation followed by a divine intervention at his body shop and that you were to take a trailer to pick up your car immediately.

When I first started reading this thread I thought maybe you were just being impatient. I've known several collision repair shops that take on restorations as a sideline to their regular business and it's not unusual for things to get put on the back burner. But after reading all the way through, I can see that you've been VERY patient. It doesn't sound like he's cutting you a deal on the price at all, in fact it sounds like he's milking you for all he can.

I've got a couple of shops near me that I deal with. $30 per hour, excellent quality work, they don't cut corners and they do use quality materials. I've known other shops close by that charge 2 to 10 times as much and the workmanship is not as good.

I know when the time comes you'll probably load it and get the h3ll out of there as quick as possible, but I hope you'll try to snap some photos.

I still can't believe he threatened to put a lien on the car for an additional $6000!!

hard to understand this can happen, especially in Okla????
I can't even imagine how this guy stays in business or breaths?????

-
Back