Painting a friends 68 Dart

-
The pic of the corner of the trunklid really POPS!I love the color,sure would look nice on my 68 Barracuda instead of the red..yuk!LOL

It's kind of cool, because the car changes color quite a bit in the shade (gun metal gray), but in the sun it is silver. Pretty cool. You know Pettyblu that I only have 3 other cars in line after this one, but I can squeeze you in. LOL.

I am not touching another car for about 3 months. I will be busy till the end of November hunting in Utah (Bull Elk and mule deer), New Mexico (Bull Elk) and Kansas (Whitetail). Hunting is priority one here.

Great color. looks good in the pics. Nice job. lots of prep to get it in shape and it paid off. Mike

Thanks Mike. I generally block, block and block some more, but it is so worth it. My fingertips are numb from wet sanding. Hope the feeling comes back soon. :D

Beautiful Job :burnout: .....and wish I had your skills.....mine would be done :banghead:

Rickster

Update!!!!!!!! The owner picked up the car yesterday and came buy to pay me today and gave me a $600 tip. :cheers: I was a little concerned, because I did quite a bit more work than I originally quoted him. More hunting money.

I guess you painted the door jambs and other covered areas first? Or did you paint the parts seperate then assemble?

Thanks, I have used the summit brand single stage urethane for the last 3 paint jobs and the cars still look great. It shoots good and the entire paint job including all supplies only cost about $425. That includes Epoxy Primer, Surfacer, base, clear, sand paper, tape and cutting compound and swirl remover. He paid for supplies and is just paying me for labor.

On the doors I shot PPG Black with a flatner. Turned out great and should be pretty durable.

Bad Dart,

Nice work!!

I saw your paint booth. If you knew what nasty chemicals are in that coating. I hope you are using proper ventilation and a fresh air mask, I wouldn't want that talent of yours to go to waste.

sscuda

Bad Dart,

Nice work!!

I saw your paint booth. If you knew what nasty chemicals are in that coating. I hope you are using proper ventilation and a fresh air mask, I wouldn't want that talent of yours to go to waste.

sscuda

Thanks for the concern and advice. I actually use one of those confined space blowers that is vented out of the garage window. I pull air into the garage from the other end of the house it moves quite a bit of air. My wife smells no fumes inside of the house when I am painting (I can't speak for the neighbors LOL). I do also have a very nice respirator and change the filters after every paint job.

Dark colors separate the men from the boys. Looks great.

-
Back