Painting car what color ahhh! and why...

-

SRT_DSTRHOLC

Reaction score
Im getting closer and closer to paint the car but Im trying to figure out what color....The original JY3 Honey gold or the New Plum crazy purple from the new Challengers!

Here are two pictures...also the one in my sig is my car and is the original paint.

Keep in mind, if I go purple, I gotta rip out the carpet and stuff to match the outside, but if I stay with the current color, its much easier.

Attachments

• 1057-11285338074-1.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 648
  • honeygold.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 593
I like that Honey gold. It looks good with the black trim on the car in your sig.

As much as I like the high impact colours, the honey gold looks good as isn't something you see everyday. The plum crazy painted a-bodies up here keeps multiplying daily or so it seems.

This thread needs a poll added for the votes.

Wylde1.

I havent seen any purple mopars around here in CA at all. Nor have I ever seen another car the honey gold even online! maybe 1-2. And bit late for the poll :(

Im not big on purple and one of my pet peeves it high impact colors on later cars you couldnt get them on. Same with Rallyes on earlier cars. Drives me crazy. Although you changed the sheet metal right ?

Are you putting stripes on it ?

I always liked the plum crazy color and while they may be multiplying on this site we don't all live together in one little town :D I don't see all that many Dusters where I am let alone several of the same color.

Honey Gold !! My little brother had a Dart sport that was called Honey Dew and
it had the black stripe kit, Loved the look of that dart, makes me wonder if it's the same color. There is plenty of plum crazy purple out there and there is no way I would
paint my own Plum Crazy if it was not a Plum Crazy car.
Keep it Honey Gold .. MJO.

Original color is wayyy easier. And will look more like quality restoration type approach.

Unless you have it on a rotisserie or lift, with nothing on the car underside, with the interior and engine out, and can paint whole car inside and out.

Looks pretty funky to have an orange or blue exterior (what ever) and gold under-chassis and random places where it is still gold, is all I am saying .

If I were only going to paint the exterior and engine bay, I would definitely go original color.

Honey Gold!, Way to many Purple cars.

It's your choice, I had a 70 Barracuda convertible 383 2-barrel that was Butterscotch. But I painted it Lime Green added a Shaker hood and rubber bumpers. That's the way I would have ordered it. Lime Green is a like or hate color. Purple is my second favorite now.

Right now I have a 71 Demon 6-cylinder that is GF7 Bright Mettalic Green... and I am painting it John Deere "Blitz Black" and slammin a 440 in her. It's what you like... don't worry what others think. Just my 2-cents. Mine... Mine... Mine... from Nemo. :)

I believe I am going Plum. There are a lot of purple cars....but I am in Ca and I am yet to see a purple duster. I am already a rare breed, so Purple will only make me stand out as I don't believe cheby or ferds came in this color. I have some ideas to stand out and it should come out nicely if done like the photoshop I did.

Hmm, all I see around here is sublime and hemi orange Mopars or some of the odd ball colors like my BL1 sandpebble beige. If I ever do paint my Duster it will be Plum Crazy.

I like the honey gold color. Too damn many purple cars around already.
I agree. Don't worry about going with something that turns heads and looks great. And isn't really 'everywhere' in the 'real world' like some people seem to think.

kidding, kidding- I like AdamR's suggestion of honey gold with black.

Don't care much for any of the high impact colors. Went b5 on my car, was b3 originally. The modern day versions of yesteryear's colors seem to pop more to me. My car is alot brighter than I remember b5 back in the day.

Well good thing its my decision. I dont like any of the blues on the dusters. I dont like black and the only thing close to yellow I like is the mango that they did on the duster in hotrod magazine. Otherwise I am doing purple.

-
Back