Park Brake & Shift Cable? Help!

-

Jaytotheme

Lacey's her name, and MOPAR's my game...
Reaction score
Hello everybody, saw some posts on this but not really any solutions so I'm hoping you guys can help me :) I have a 1962 dodge lancer with a 225 & 904 transmission. Basically the park cable is leaking, the problem i have is that i cant afford $500 for new ones..anyway to repair these? If not is there a workaround or any other options?

Where is it leaking? Where it pushes into housing? I have good luck with the green metric o-rings used for A/C, and thread sealant on the pinch bolt thread.

Make sure the housing isn't cracked though, sometimes hard to see.

Where is it leaking? Where it pushes into housing? I have good luck with the green metric o-rings used for A/C, and thread sealant on the pinch bolt thread.

Make sure the housing isn't cracked though, sometimes hard to see.
Hi! :) Oh its definitely the housing...meaning the plastic cable is weeping transmission fluid and has a crack it in about 1/3 of the way down away from the transmission.

Hi! :) Oh its definitely the housing...meaning the plastic cable is weeping transmission fluid and has a crack it in about 1/3 of the way down away from the transmission.
That I am not sure what to with there, really 500 for a new cable ?

That I am not sure what to with there, really 500 for a new cable ?
I checked 3 different places and i couldn't believe it yes...between $450-500 for both ($250ea shift & park)...its crazy but OK no problem and i really appreciate your reply! Thank You :)

-
Back