Part ID # 3501840

-

Arron tate

T B L
Reaction score
Hello All,
Can anyone please ID what this was from?
# 3501840
# 36033-L
# 2516
Its approximately H = 4" W= 4" and 3/4 thick.
Thanks in advance.
Stay Safe....
Happy Mopar :)
Arron.

Ignition Module A 05_03_21.jpg
Ignition Module B 05_03_21.jpg

Last edited:
I'm guessing, but with it adjustable its factory "race"?? Similar to the chrome box? Cool piece I've never seen adjustable with electronic ign.:thumbsup:

Check 1971-2 parts books. '35' is associated with 1971 design date. 36 is late 71.

I believe it was part of the police package to shut off the ac at speed. Oddball for sure second one I have seen.

I parted out dozens of '70's police cars and your part looks just like the ones I pulled off those cars. Never did get a call for one, so, they ended up in the scrap pile.

Hello All,
Thanks for the replys. Very interesting.
As previous suggested by our fellow FABO members the consensus is that it is a ECU with a adjustable potentiometer to control something.
I took a look at some traditional 4 and 5 pin ECU wiring schematics, But I am not able to see how it would control the air-conditioning (drop out the compressor?). What output on the ECU would be used to do this?
What's also confusing is that the 3501840 does not the externally mounted switching transistor and heat sink that the common ECU's have externally mounted.
I also looked to the best of my ability on Mymopar.com and found no reference to this by part number and or description in the wiring and parts sections for numerous years.
As a last resort I have reached out to Malloy and Reed and requested that they pop the hood on there satellite and send a picture of it to help figure it out...
Stay Safe...
Happy Mopar :)
Arron.
RIP Pete.........

ECU A.jpg

Aaron.
Look through the beginning sections of some '73 up Parts books.
That's where I've seen police, taxi and fleet parts and part packages listed.
Maybe a TSB or bulletin in the Hamtramck Historical library.
Otherwise - yes Police car collectors may be the best source

Depending on the RPM range of the box / pot control, you might be able to reconfigure it as a rev limiter

-
Back