Parts buying frustration

-
Like someone said, "A few extra minutes at the post office". LOL LOL LOL

I don't know what post office they have but there is NO SUCH THING as a "few extra minutes" at any of them here.

Shipping to Canada? Might as well be shipping to the moon. Not to mention the fees, the forms, and the other hassle.

So if I am selling a part, I can sell it here and drop it off with no problem. Or I can send it to Canada, *hope* I filled out the right forms in the right order, *hope* I charged enough for shipping to cover those fees, and *hope* the guy will say he got it.

You wanted to know why people don't ship there, I just gave you the answer. its nothing against Canadians, its the hassle. Period.

I've shipped to Canada plenty of times. It's easy via the USPS, but you can't get tracking or proof of delivery for some reason. Maybe that's why some are skeptical to ship across the border....IDK ?
You can not get tracking or proof of delivery in Canada because they are handled thru the USPS scanners, which Canada does not use.

I just shipped a part to Florida and tracked it through Canada Post and USPS the entire way to his doorstep.It took 5 mins to fill out the form and send.Don,t know what all the fuss is about?

Wow I wasn,t expecting all this kind of feed back on the subject , But what the hay Lets get it all out there and maybe there will be some sort of change . I for one will be looking in here first before hitting any other site for parts . Now knowing there is a crowd of people willing to ship to Canada . Eh it,s all about helping out a fellow mopar bud , Thats how I see it . In fact I will tell ya we had a indoor show here and a fellow American entered his car in the show but when he got to the place where the show was being held the water pump broke in his car and he had no tools to fix it. I had my car in the show and heard what happened and went into the show before it opened and took the broken pump off and went to local parts store picked up a new one and bolted it on for the fellow before the show opened. He ended up winning his class in the show which gave him a trophy and 100 bucks cash. he then got up on stage and told the crowd what I had done and how much he was great full for what I had done for him . That to me is the best award I could ask for . So to me it,s all about helping out

I got burned once buying parts from canada and they shipped fedex.

Fedex contacted me and told me that I had to pay an extra $30-40 dollars "brokerage fees". Then sent me a letter stating that I owed another $30 5 weeks later. If you ship between US and Canada, DO NOT USE FEDEX OR UPS. They charge outrageous unnecessary "brokerage fees" that you don't have to pay if you use USPS. But as others stated above you can't get tracking or delivery confirmation.

BINGO!
I found this out the hard way just a few weeks ago. I live in Colorado and sold a $50 part to a guy in canada.
I shipped it UPS, cost me $52.35 to ship it, and thought everything was ok.
About a week later I get an email from the guy, he got the part and was happy with it, but he said that UPS had charged him an additional $40 buck to get the package. Some crap about brokerage fees...etc.

I have talked to some other people about this and they suggested that when shipping to canada I should alwasy ship with the u.s.postal service. Someone else said that if I had told them it was a gift, rather than a sale, then the brokerage fee could have been avoided.
That may or may not be true, but its what I heard.

other than I don't like Canadians. I have never meet a Canadian but how normal can they be, living in a place that is so cold.
Kind of rude. I have only met 2 Canadians in person.While I like both of them I am guessing one of them has developed an issue with me based upon his complete ignorance of me as of late, but hey, you know what :finga: to him and the firetrucking horse he rode in on. I have dealings with another Canadian, Inerita. Was a great guy to deal with. Never understand how people could not like the cold & snow. The 4 seasons mimic our own life cycle. Spring is birth, summer is our youth, fall is middle age and winter is death.....perhaps you folks are afraid of death?

I just shipped a part to Florida and tracked it through Canada Post and USPS the entire way to his doorstep.It took 5 mins to fill out the form and send.Don,t know what all the fuss is about?
The problem from U.S. to Canada is if it is payed through Paypal and the buyer says he did not get it Paypal will issue a refund. The reason is going over the border a tracking cannot be provided that way and the seller has no protection. I cannot blame the seller for trying to protect himself as the buyer would protect himself. Because of Paypal I only sell out of U.S. on a money order as both have protection that way.

I was wondering when all the Canadians were going to jump on him.... :bom:

Saying anything negative about Canadians here is worse than hitting a wasp/hornet/bees nest with a stick. You get a whole swarm of them p*ssed off and ready to sting..... It won't end well.... =;

well other than getting burned on ebay by a faceless Canadian which i believe was more an ebay thing...more than a Canadian thing.....every Canadian i have come across here has been super cool.

im an immigrant to the US ....i was brought here when i was 15....at first it was not really my choice and i fought it bcoz i was scared to go to a new land that i was unfamiliar with and i didnt know what was going to happen to me .......very scary feeling .....so up to now if someone told me good or bad about Canadians, i would have been inclined to believe it .....how am i supposed to know.......but with just the random sample i have seen here on FABO ....im impressed .....there are cheats in every country in every nationality on the planet ......but a good average is something to work with and so far i have seen that some of nicest ppl on FABO are from up North of the border.....eh :prayer:

PS, when they say at the USPS that it is not trackable.... BS, I went on USPS website and punched the tr# in and it tracked it to US/Canada customs every step of the way. Once in Canada I went to Canada Post website and it did it as well. No issues whatsoever. Oh by the way I didnt need to track from Badsport, he is a great guy! Thanks again Bruce!

Yep! There is various levels of service with USPS International. I have had packages sent flat rate and unable to track. When higher level of service I tracked the parcel all the way from origination to receipt. Never had a problem with a US seller and love our US neighbours. Most people are honest and trustworthy. Unfortunately there are some bad everywhere, fortunately they are few!

Well I Googled Canada and it seems alot of people live there, not just moose. It also seems there are many there that are happy even tough they were born in the wrong country.

Well I Googled Canada and it seems alot of people live there, not just moose. It also seems there are many there that are happy even tough they were born in the wrong country.

I hope that this is your attempt at humour??

I got a good laugh from the Canadians who replied. You do take ribbing a little differently than Americans. Sorry about having a little fun with you. Merry Christmas

You really don't know when to stop.... =;

Good Luck to ya...

I got a good laugh from the Canadians who replied. You do take ribbing a little differently than Americans. Sorry about having a little fun with you. Merry Christmas

One things that tends to seperate us from the hornet swatters south of the border is we usually "consider the source" before replying. :goodman:

Merry Christmas to all.

How can you not like Canadians?? Canada has some hot women EH!

Attachments

• french.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 102
  • imagesCA6L93L1.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 97
  • imagesCAXCY8RV.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 109
I ship to Canada as long as the buyer will pay for the shipping.I ship USPS because UPS trippled their rates on shipping stuff out of the counrty.I shipped a Holley to the Middle East USPS for $165.00.UPS wanted $385.00 to ship it.

Its all good...ya know the saying S**t rolls down hill:poke: ...LOL
Merry Christmas to you and yours.

I'm soooo glad you had some fun at our expense.... I especially loved the part where you told us we were born in the wrong country....:wack: The fact that we didn't start a lynch mob or threaten to introduce you to

the business end of a .44 proves you are absolutely correct by saying

that we take that kind of ribbing a little differently than Americans!

HEY! Who told him we were planning to invade , cant anyone keep a secret anymore.
Look we only want your mopars, some of your women and a couple of aircraft carriers, you can keep all your "new" Americans , your failing currency, and your (LOL) President. Oh yah ,if you comply quickly we wont burn down the White House this time. : )

Cheers and Merry Christmas.

-
Back