(Perspective) You never know

-
But you aren't even attractive on a "good day". Keep dreamin pal.

To no one in particular, but probably to anyone over about 55
Put a big mirror on the table, bend over, wait several seconds,then look at your face. With all the water you are retaining, your ever-growing brow-ridges, Pinocchio nose, Jumbo ears, and budding hard-to-shave dewlap,not to mention liver-spots and warts;
it's no wonder the wife always has a headache.
Time to turn off the lights.

Last edited:
Put a big mirror on the table, bend over, wait several seconds,then look at your face. With all the water you are retaining, your ever-growing brow-ridges, Pinocchio nose, Jumbo ears, and budding hard-to-shave dewlap,not to mention liver-spots and warts;

Dam , u must be uuuuuggggllllleeeee !
Me , not so much . hahahahahah LOL

Don't you have a dimmer?
Yeah, thankfully, my wife's eyes are failing; she needs reading glasses now. But as for me , my eyes are today, better than they were at age 15; I no longer require eyeglasses for driving. Not quite 20/20 yet but getting there. I thank my creator every day for all the blessings, but I gotta wonder what He's up to. Why the sudden interest in me,lol. I mean I'm in the last trimester of my life, well into the last quarter,even.

Dam , u must be uuuuuggggllllleeeee !
Me , not so much . hahahahahah LOL
Yeah, some people are more blessed than others, but even movie stars get ugly sooner or later."hahahahahah LOL"
Try an imagine what Abraham liiked like, or Sarah; yet she bore Abie a son in her 100th year. Even God called that long past the womb's prime.
Or Noah, or his ancestors.Noah got wives for his boys from Methuselah's grandchildren. Methuselah is recorded as 969 years, the oldest among them. Adam made it to 930. Our 70 years,80 if by reason of good health, seem miniscule next to those numbers.Vegetarian living mighta been good for something.

Last edited:

Sounds like the voice of experience.

Yeah, some people are more blessed than others, but even movie stars get ugly sooner or later."hahahahahah LOL"
Try an imagine what Abraham liiked like, or Sarah; yet she bore Abie a son in her 100th year. Even God called that long past the womb's prime.
Or Noah, or his ancestors.Noah got wives for his boys from Methuselah's grandchildren. Methuselah is recorded as 969 years, the oldest among them. Adam made it to 930. Our 70 years,80 if by reason of good health, seem miniscule next to those numbers.Vegetarian living mighta been good for something.

how old was Sarah in Genesis 20, when Abraham lied about her being his wife?
or Rebekah, in genesis 26, when Isaac follows in his fathers footsteps?

imagine what those women looked like (I betcha they were stickfigures like @dibbons granny)

Sounds like the voice of experience.
Yeah I noticed my handsomeness fading about that time, and the mirror test showed me what she was seeing. I went on a diet/exercise program and lost 20 pounds. But the shine was off this old apple. Still, a little wine,a little mood lighting, and sweet nothings in her ear;you know how that goes. Just don't say the word weight in mixed company and the world is right.

But as for me , my eyes are today, better than they were at age 15; I no longer require eyeglasses for driving. Not quite 20/20 yet but getting there. I thank my creator every day for all the blessings
Amen
Ever start to feel down count your blessings. We are the fortune few in the light of history.

Amen
Ever start to feel down count your blessings. We are the fortune few in the light of history.
If by "we",you mean the Believers, I agree; "will I find any?" is Jesus's query, written into the day He returns. He's asking about those whose names are written in the Book of Life, and are still alive at His coming. How sad is that..."will I find any?" I can almost see the tears on His cheeks.

-
Back