Pet peeve when looking through sale ads

-
There are a few types of sellers.
!. The crook, knows chit about cars, any car
2. The ignorant idiot
2 1/2. The idiot that believes everything he see on TV ie BJ, TV car shows etc. He thinks all those car s on CL< Marketplace, Feebay all sell and for their listed prices
3. The chevy guy ( that Uncle Ned left him a Mopar project) and has no clue
4, The honest Mopar guy, being a newbie
5. The honest Mopar guy, that knows rust, how to do whatever and what it takes, parts, prices....been there and done it
6. the occasional Mopar guy, half crook or all crook

I love the blah blah just needs,fill in the blank, EASY FIX.If it was so easy why wouldn't you have already fixed it before you are trying to sell

Car is completely redone and is left in primer ready for paint....

Yeah, OK. Saw a cobbled up demon recently that was similar in the description. Looked rough to me but they say beauty is in the eyes of the beholder....

JW

You enter a "Search" word. (Mopar).
You get an ad for a Yugo with a dictionary full of "keywords" at the end.
This! Drives me nuts! Although, now you got me thinking (always my downfall).. I wonder if an A-body k-frame would mount up in a Yugo (massive modifications, bracing, etc). 904, 8 1/4 rear.. leave it look like a stock old Yugo.. quiet exhaust. That'd be fun.

Or, no reasonable offer refused, to get ridiculed for offering too little for broken ****. You can always tell strategic photography. The “usual mopar rust” is the usual any manufacturer’s rust, less the torsion bar crossmember, which others don’t have. If the post specifies rust, but doesn’t show detailed pictures they are definitely hiding something

I like it when they show a certain hood and wheels, has a price like $3500 for a roller, then says wheels don't come with it and neither does the hood, says bring your own wheels. or some says runs and drives great but bring a trailer transmission is slipping or brakes don't work, how the hell do they know it runs and drives good with no brakes or a transmission that is slipping?

Project, its all there.. in those 30 crates!

When they ask 3000, you counter with 1000, and they quickly counter and let it go for 1500....Just ask 1500! Firm price? I'm that guy. I put a price of $200 on it: Guy comes to look at it..."Whats the lowest you'll take?"...200. "Aw I came all the way down here to look at it!" Well, yeah...? "All I brought is 160" .........you wasted your time.
That's why I buy my wifes cars at Carmax. no haggle BS.

3. Run-on sentences without punctuation or in all caps. (goes for posting anything online)

You enter a "Search" word. (Mopar). You get an ad for a Yugo with a dictionary full of "keywords" at the end.
crappy pics are what i hate. even worse is no pics, "e-mail me for pictures" :wtf: lazy *** mf'er

Asking the stupid price when they also know that nobody is going cough up that kind of cabbage.

Omigawd. Omigawd. Oooooooooooooooooomigawd. I am naturally resistant to getting lit up, but this thread managed to do it. From above:

If you are too stupid to use punctuation, proper sentence structure, and spelling - please, remove yourself from the gene pool. Ala Darwin if necessary. Post your spectacular end-of-the-line results for the rest of us please.

Searching on CL for Plymouth and getting every other manufacturer of automobiles. Seriously, you diseased fucks, stop putting EVERY car word in your ad to catch folks.

Crappy pics, or no pics, or even worse, sideways or upside down pics. As above with the keywords, if you are too stupid to make it look right, PLEASE REMOVE YOURSELF FROM THE GENE POOL. It might be the one and only redeeming act you will ever engage in.

Yes, stupid pricing is rampant. Thankyouverymuch Barret Jackson and Mecum. Now everyone on the planet thinks their nasty, inoperable, not driven in 30 years, worn out POS is GOLD PLATED. And priced accordingly. Jesus Christ people, have you never worked on an old car before? Barn finds are the extreme exception not the rule.

No pics equals no interest. If you can't be bothered to post full and complete information, I can't be bothered to contact you.

I'm sure there is more, but I need to simmer down and go have a beer. The bottom line is, you can't fix stupid.

Pictures like this, do you know you can rotate your phone. This was never a problem before camera phones.
Image1.jpg

Alan

When they overprice the hell out of a car that needs a full restoration and show more pictures of restored versions of the car than the actual car you're looking to buy. They usually accompany it with something like "these are worth 30k when fixed up so don't low ball me".

I'm with you guys on the whole no price but "taking offers" thing. It all boils down to the seller having a fantasy in their head of some dummy coming along and offering them way more than what the car is worth. In the end it's a game and most of us car guys like to shoot straight and don't like to play games.

Sellers that can't spell the name of their own car correctly. Valient. Beracuda. Camero. Recently saw a car on facebook marketplace with "Cuicide" doors. Cuicide was a first.

100k car with pictures that show you the c pillar with part of the side window or an up close picture of an emblem. You'll look at 5 pictures and have no idea what the car even looks like.

Omigawd. Omigawd. Oooooooooooooooooomigawd. I am naturally resistant to getting lit up, but this thread managed to do it. From above:

If you are too stupid to use punctuation, proper sentence structure, and spelling - please, remove yourself from the gene pool. Ala Darwin if necessary. Post your spectacular end-of-the-line results for the rest of us please.

Searching on CL for Plymouth and getting every other manufacturer of automobiles. Seriously, you diseased fucks, stop putting EVERY car word in your ad to catch folks.

Crappy pics, or no pics, or even worse, sideways or upside down pics. As above with the keywords, if you are too stupid to make it look right, PLEASE REMOVE YOURSELF FROM THE GENE POOL. It might be the one and only redeeming act you will ever engage in.

Yes, stupid pricing is rampant. Thankyouverymuch Barret Jackson and Mecum. Now everyone on the planet thinks their nasty, inoperable, not driven in 30 years, worn out POS is GOLD PLATED. And priced accordingly. Jesus Christ people, have you never worked on an old car before? Barn finds are the extreme exception not the rule.

No pics equals no interest. If you can't be bothered to post full and complete information, I can't be bothered to contact you.

I'm sure there is more, but I need to simmer down and go have a beer. The bottom line is, you can't fix stupid.

Tell us how you really feel. :poke::poke::lol: LOL

Picture at the end that shows a nice version of the same car with word “this is what it could look like”!!

I have a couple.
Asking 40 or 50k for a car and show 1 or 2 pictures.
Blurry shitty or upside down pictures.
It's missing the fender tag or the V.I.N. or both. But you can get one made.
I misplaced the title but, the DMV said it shouldn't be a big deal to get one.
I can go on and on. So many Flakes and Crooks.

"Frame Off Restoration!" on any kind of uni-body vehicle :thumbsup:

Also "Super Rare!" or "Barn Find!" - a cars rarity typically speaks for itself, and super rare doesn't always equate to super expensive. Just because it's dusty doesn't make it a barn find.

Last edited:
-
Back