Pet Peeves - Lets get complaining!

-

rklein383

Reaction score
My neighbor can't seem to get his trash in the dumpster in our alley and he is always filling it up on the first day.

upload_2022-3-14_16-45-20.png

Last edited:
My neighbors trash cans are at the curb 7 days a week. Ill have to call code enforcement next time I have a beer or 4. His 5 dogs Fn stick too, his dog run is concrete and right over the wall from my bedroom side window so I get whiffs of cooking dog pee all the time.

One of mine is when people post a picture that has nothing to do with the subject and im left scratching my head wondering what the picture is is of. :lol::rofl::lol:

Ads to story list of let's say "Celebrities that have past this year." And show are person that has not past. All to get you to "Click" Technically not lying. But still deceiving.

My pet peeve is tailgating. I've gotten really REALLY good at sucking people in for the kill of a brake check. lol

At 100 I'm sure her face scares the Dickensons out of everybody!!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl:
She's not 100 yet. She's 90. Joan Collins is 88.......if I was a single man, I'd be proud to hit that and brag about it.

TICKETS FOR SEATBELTS!!!! I just got one about 2-1/2 hours ago. .... Minding my own biz, just driving home from work, stopped for stop sign (as it said to do) signaled, , made left turn. 3 blocks later... gumballs.
Reason for pulling me over was ONLY given as the seat belt. No speeding, no driving erratic, no failed stop, no "faulty equipment", no. just a damned seat belt/
"Oh we are on a detail today" More well known as a FUNDRAISER/ that I now have no choice, but to contribute to. They should NOT be able to pull someone over solely for that "offense" Why can't they wait til I'm doing something wrong, to hassle me? ? $164, and the idiots downstate made it a "moving" violation so it carries points now, just like a speeding ticket.
if I was to go to court with all their trumped up BS "court costs" that if you read thru the list, none really have anything to do with the costs of running that building, were talking closer to $300. Maybe more by now. all because of surcharges on top of surcharges for "document storage", "women's rape assistance program", etc. What does that have to do, with the cost of holding court? NOTHING> Also guarantees I will be taking the damned test, when I have to renew my license the next time. over a freaking SEAT BELT. ..... any accident or moving violation does that here. "court supervision" or not. This one used to be a $50 non moving violation. which still pissed me off. I got nailed by a county sheriffs deputy. They have much larger fish to fry. Like people who constantly cant wait for someone to turn in front of them and cross the double yellow and go into the turn lane to pass the person slowing down to turn. I have nearly been hit head on several times when turning into my neighborhood while headed east. cuz people cant wait for others who turn into it from the west to complete their turn, instead they use the turn lane as a "universal passing lane". Why don't they go sit near my house, and nail people for that? Definitely something more dangerous. and they would get at leasta s many "customers as on a Bullshit seat belt detail.

I am beyond livid. Enough that I now also have a hole in my living room wall that I have to fix, and some bloody knuckles. something that before today, I have never done before. All over petty BS, that they should NOT be allowed to penalize a person for/ at least not as a "reason to stop"... If they get ya for something else? and you aren't cooperative? Maybe as an "oh by the way" What's next? Ticket for jeans too faded? They don't like your shirt?
My son couldn't piss me off, no matter what he did as a kid, nearly as badly as getting a ticket does. NOTHING. I haven't had one in several years, for anything....but I was also the guy going 45 in a 45 and got nailed for supposedly going 60..... about 20 years ago. I went to court on that one and was told,
"I was there, (in that courtroom at that time) had that yellow slip, shut up and pay, I have heard it all, I ain't listening to anymore stories from anybody" (true story, what the "judge" said, when I got up there that time.... not very "judge-ly"....Everyone was "guilty" in that room, whether they really were or not.

and at the top of the ticket, it says "PEOPLE OF THE STATE OF ILLINOIS, vs" ME. I am a person of this state, all my 54 years so far. I even work for the state. I ain't against myself. My wife, son, neighbors, all people of the State of Illinois. NONE against me. so they oughtta throw it out right there.
I do have 1 question; The ticket says I was stopped at 3:18 PM. That cannot be as I was still 30 miles away still at work until 3:30. so I could not have been there where I got stopped, at 3:18/ and I just set my clock in my Dakota this morning in the parking lot at work to the same time as my phone said. According to both it was 4:09 when I got pulled over. Technacality? Yeah. But if it gets me out of this, so what.
I WAS in a good mood when I left work. WAS. I was gonna go out in the garage and work out there, Not today, any more.
I have been stopped before. Not in at least a 1/2 dozen years. I thought they usually asked if you'd been stopped, had a ticket recently before that instance. Nope,. was never brought up. no chance to say anything. He was gonna ticket me "no matter what" before he even had me stopped. No chance of a warning. nope. FRY FRY FRY.

In Texas we can take an on line course that makes the ticket go away. It almost always costs less than the ticket itself. It also makes it so you don't get any points!! With the on line course you get a certificate that you can use to lower your car insurance. They don't have that in IL?

Last edited:
She's not 100 yet. She's 90. Joan Collins is 88.......if I was a single man, I'd be proud to hit that and brag about it.

Glad you posted that, I was about to do some research & you saved me the trouble... When she was young Angie use to baby sit my GF.... My GF & I are both old, but not that old....

Glad you posted that, I was about to do some research & you saved me the trouble... When she was young Angie use to baby sit my GF.... My GF & I are both old, but not that old....
She was a babe back in the day, no doubt!

they have "court supervision" that is supposed to keep the insurance company from finding out if you don't get another ticket in 3 months, 6 months, whatever the judge feels like setting the "supervision" period at. and it used to keep it "off the record" But if you did get another ticket within that time, then both would go against your record. we have to renew licenses every 4 years here. My last ticket was 6 years ago. my previous 3 renewals before this very last one, I have had to take the written tests again to renew, each time, after not having had to since initially getting my license at 16. It was explained to me this way by a guy who works at the DMV, 5 years ago the last time I had to take the tests. Not all DMV locations deal with CDLs, only certain ones. So, I had to go an hour away for my closest one.
I made it known that I thought it was BS, having had to take the tests 3 times in a row/ after not having had to since 16. (that doesn't count having to go in and take the CDL test, when it was added to my license, or the motorcycle test when I added that Those were additional times, of having to take the test and those were only for "that" part of my licensing at the time, not for everything)
He said,
"If HE is driving, and gets stopped, and I get a seat belt ticket AS A PASSENGER in his truck, I have to take the tests at next renewal. That is the regular driver test, the CDL test, the tests for any endorsements, the motorcycle test, EVERYTHING that you came in, holding a license for". At that time the "seat belt" was just the example he used when I exprsssed aggravaition for having to go an hour from home and take the tests "again" after having had to (then) the 2 previous times. Lose a days pay, drive 2 hours to go retake the tests at that time. and I lost my motorcycle license as a result, since I hadn't ridden in a few years. and forgot a few things. So I now have to start from scratch and go thru the process again, to regain that this spring/ as I have gotten another bike, as a workaround for Biden's ridiculous gas prices.

I have a CDL, which is worse for getting any ticket around here. . I don't drive a CDL class vehicle, but have to have it for my job. Any ticket carries more "weight" with a CDL. and I don't think "supervision" is allowed for those of us with CDLs. I went "round and round" with a couple of others that hold CDLs and had had tickets, about 10 years ago. at that point it was determined that it wasn't worth taking whatever class, whatever to "have it removed" as it wouldnt be removed anyways no matter what on account of the CDL. Besides if I didnt have that, they would charge me even MORE than the cost of the "fine" (used to be an additional $40) for what they called the "priviledge" of suprervision Farkers. I always thought if THEY want me there they can PAY ME to attend, as in my younger years they screwed me for that extra expense a few times. It was bad enough that my attendance meant I would have called off of work at the time meaning I was also losing pay. Back then I worked alot of afternoons.
I'd gotten a ticket for something around then, and the judge said I could have "supervision"// but it still showed up on my record, because of the damn CDL. It wasn't much more serious than the one I got today.
and if I could get out of it with a class, (when I last had one probably 15 years ago or more) it was not an online deal/ you actually had to waste 4 hours of your time at the local community college to attend the class. these idiots don't realize the true cost of writing the average person, a ticket. It goes way beyond paying a "fine"
Why are they called that, it has never been fine with me to pay them?

People coming up to a right hand turn (most of the time) and almost fully stopping cus they don’t know how to use a steering wheel.

also people flying in squadron formation on the highway with the tail pilot going the slowest in the fast lane. It is almost as bad as semi trucks drag racing down the highway for 5 miles trying to pass a line of other trucks.

And finely, the *****le that cuts in front of you in the fast last cus you left a safe amount of space in front of you and the car ahead.

Tape left on windows. You know, when a piece of paper is taped to a window announcing something. Then after the event, the paper gets ripped down leaving half of the tape on the window.

For whatever reason it irritates me!!

Morons selling cars.. I'm looking for a summer ride. You see a car 20k or more and there is one picture. Then you ask for pictures, and they send a picture and the interior looks like they haven't cleaned it a year. Trunk pictures with it loaded with junk or the mat is down covering the pan. Guy send n me a video of the car underneath and it was as if he was running under the car, couldn't focus on a thing.. Then the, I don't do pictures, come and see it if interested morons. Some people live a couple hundred miles away, so for your hope of getting $20,000, post a few decent pictures. Also, if something wrong show it, so I don't drive 3 hours and turn around as I'm walking into your driveway because you hid the quarter damage. THERE I feel better..thanks.

Last edited:
You guys know me. We get started on this, we'll be here this time NEXT year.

Yeh, Rob, I've tested my brakes a few times. Just as bad are the "left lane regulators" I actually used to know a guy who believed it was "his duty" to keep traffic slowed down to "his standards" or whatever.

I'm a guy who you do NOT need to tailgate. If I'm in the left and you run up behind me, I'm already looking for a good place to get over anyway, so you bein' an *** is not gonna help. Plus I'm likely already pushin' it anyhow.

Here's the one, tho.............you are in the right lane on cruise, everything is great, someone comes boiling up past you, pulls in front of you and SLOWS DOWN. And if you pass THEM they are PISSED

60 mph zone and driving 50 or even 55 in the fast lane, no where for miles to turn left, I move to the slow lane and see them on the phone, eating or gabbing.... I fond out I have a loud horn on my daily driver.. :lol:

Oh ! And people parking in a parking lot that parks way over to the right, in a crowded lot, taking two spots basically..

One last thing, members here that have been here over five years and sell, claiming they forget to load pictures :drama: or don't put a price on parts.. my goodness :lol: ..ok, I am done

FB_IMG_1647138254806.jpg

where I live, I'm about 3 miles out of town on an east-west state road, surrounded on all sides by cornfields.
About 5 years ago they widened the road enough to add a center turn lane. Roads are staggered, to the north and to the south. so 1 turn lane, to turn left while headed either way, from the east or west. Usually I am west bound headed home. When I slow down to turn right into my neighborhood nobody can slow down, they pass the solid yellow and have converted this turn lane into a universal passing lane.
A couple of weeks ago, I came home from the other way, and had to enter the center turn lane to turn in. One of my neighbors was headed west, and making a right turn into the neighborhood. A guy sling-shotted out from behind him, and went to pass in the turn lane/ and nearly hit me head on, as I was slowing to turn left into that same road. I had to get back in the travel lane "evasively" and I am just glad there wasn't someone going straight, that I would have either sideswiped or caused to rear end me/ in order to avoid being hit head on, by this impatient idiot. I am so tired of seeing people so impatient, that they cannot slow down, for someone to turn in front of them/ like they are supposed to do. I see "close calls" around here like this all the time. yet I have talked to several cops about this over the past couple of years. , one of my neighbors that is in his late 80s has called and complained (he lives on the highway side of the neighborhood, sees it from his front yard constantly) yet the cops can't seem to be able to "catch" anyone illegally in the turn lane. I've had them tell me they see it all the time on "off hours" in plain clothes, and their own vehicle but never see it while in uniform and in their squad.
which is funny because when I had my near miss, who was in front of my neighbor whom I had to wait for before I could turn, but a county cop--- and this guy comes out behind my neighbor in the turn lane.... and they think their time is better spent in town writing bullshit seat belt tickets instead. I fail to understand. a head on at 60+ will do more damage than someone in town, unbelted.

-
Back