Pet prayers needed

-

4spdragtop

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
This past weekend Jemma, Loris 16 year old Jack Russell has been acting very lethargic. Which isnt like her, although she likes to sleep a lot(she loves it when I work midnites as she gets to sleep with Lori at night and me thru the day), she has a ton of personality. She has had a cyst growing on her underside, that I believe isnt good. I took Jemma to the vets this morning and they took a FNA sample, which is a glorified blood sample around the cyst. A biopsy is in the price range of $800-$1200, so that is out of the question. Lori and I are waiting to hear back from the vets on the test results. As I said she has a ton of personality and feisty!! She has put Rufus our black lab in his place more than once, and has been known to "ankle bite" if you dont greet her when you show up at the house. Certain noises, camera flashes set her off into a frenzy as well, so the pics we have of her are limited. At 16 years old, female and "unfixed" Lori and I are pretty sure that its cancer and her time is very limited. It sucks as all she does when she is awake is shake and vibrate. I guess its time to step up the spoiling....here are some pics. I will have Lori try to find some more.

Thanks
Steve n Lori

Attachments

• small card 022 (Medium).jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 313
  • small card 021 (Medium).jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 310
  • small card 023 (Medium).jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 296
  • small card 024 (Medium).jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 309
Prayers on the way. Do you have a teaching vet hosiptal in the area?

I just lost my 6 year old cat. She was missing for several days. We found her the fourth morning where she died at the base of our steps while trying to get back home. At least we know she wasn't eaten by something or ran over with a car and we got to bury her. I miss my cat because she played with both of my Yorkies. They all took times chasing each other around the house and rolling around in the floor playing. RIP Fuzzy.

Steve n Lori
I know where you are right now, about a month ago our 14 year old male cat had a cyst under his tongue and the vets wanted $500.00 just to take a sample, then another $800 to remove it. Unfortunately our cat got worse and we had to put him down, hardest thing a family can do, but our family knows it was the best thing for Kole.
Prayers are with you and your family.

On there way Steve and Lori.. I have a 13 year old that has been with me
her hole life.. Boogie will send a prayer out also

Attachments

• Bens new home 005.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 285
Thanks everyone, sorry to hear of your losses Bill and Craig. There is no vet teaching here, just straight up vets. I just called the vets to see what the results were and they didnt get enough sample to test, so it looks like Jemma and I are going back in Tuesday morning.
Thanks for the kind thoughts guys

Maybe it's not cancer .... she might be just getting old. 16 yrs is a good while for a dog.

My black lab I once had got a cyst and I took it to the vet and they lanced it. I had to squeeze it out once so often. Cost me a pretty penny. I have a new vet now and I told him the whole story. He said he wouldn't' have done anything because it would have went away on it's own. He said that the other vet took me for a free ride if you know what I mean. Be careful ..... they blow things out of proportion. $$$$$$$$

Steve and Lori,

Our thoughts are and prayers are with you, I know what it like because we recently lost our "pretty boy cat" Loki.

I'm no vet but I'd wager the shaking is unrelated to the cyst. Cysts are very common on dogs an often mean nothing. The Shaking could be a lot of things. But I do know (from having a pomeranian mix) that small breeds are more prone to tremors, epilepsy and other neurological problems. Its worth asking the vet about that as well. Sometimes it can be due to them eating the wrong thing so careful with the spoiling, I'd talk to your vet about the shaking though.

Sending the positive thoughts your way.

Jon

Prayers sent ... Its always hard to lose, a pet. When i was 12 i blamed myself for our 19 year old chow mix dying. We knew he was already old and it was around his time. He ate sitting down , and was blind, But was more than capable to attack lol. He was mean as heck. He had gotten sick and could not walk, so we would care for him. We helped him as long as he could get up on his own feet again. One day i didnt go to the backyard after school like i usually did. I went later and he was gone... It saddens me to this day. His name was ringo, miss him like crazy.. He was part of the family, hope all goes well 4spdragtop.

It's never easy when our best friends get older. We have one right now that is in the same condition, and we never know when his time will arrive. Time for extra spoiling is right! They deserve it :)

Grant

Hope everything turns out okay, it's definitely nerve-racking as well. Our little Gunner has stressed us out so many times, and he's only 2 1/2, but it's so worth it by the joy he brings.

Attachments

• DSC_0090.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 230
Thanks everyone, we have to go back in Tues am as they didnt get a proper sample...poor little girl...
Look at the ears on Gunner what a cutie!! He mixed with a rabbit?? LOL

Thanks RH, by the looks of the pic you would think I had the cyst on my belly!! My God.......not quite as bad now

Look at the ears on Gunner what a cutie!! He mixed with a rabbit?? LOL[/QUOTE said:
Lol, yeah, you should see him run too, looks just like a rabbit with his rear bouncin up and down and just a knub for a tail. lol
That's exactly what anyone who see's him run say.

-
Back