Phoenix Specialty Coatings' Price Structure Changing -- Your Opinion is Requested

State your preference for your PSC FABO Discount

• 10% labor discount across the board

Votes: 37 52.1%
  • 15% off for Gold Members only

Votes: 21 29.6%
  • Reduced hourly rate

Votes: 6 8.5%
  • I have no interest in using Phoenix Specialty Coatings

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Who's Leanna??

Votes: 5 7.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-
I like the hourly rate. Every part is different. One may need blasting and one may need very little prep even if its the same part. You need to make money and a living. I appreciate all your work you have done for me. Always top shelf. Dont cut yourself short Leanna.

Maybe it's that time of the year with car show season underway, or I'm just overly paranoid or something.

I'm starting to think this thread just scared the hell out of everybody.

Compared with the 3,000+ messages I've replied to over the last few years, I haven't received a SINGLE P.M. for a quote since launching this poll.

Wow. This sucks.

I won't say paranoid Leanna, I will say over concerned :thumblef:
Taxes, Holidays and spring has just sprung for most of us, and you know what that all means :shock::shock: Spring cleaning and getting our ducks in a row for show/racing season :thumblef:
I hope to be sending these your way real soon, these are for Creeds 50 furd truck along with upper and lower A arms :happy1:

Attachments

• March 2012 1966 parts 059.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 75
Voted for 10% discount across the board as an encouragement for non-golders to use PSC. A business exists to make money, otherwise it becomes either a charity or a hobby. I agree with others; what you make on a job is your business. From first hand experience, you don't have to make excuses for your work. Charge what you need to in order to feel adequately compensated for what you do.
:wack:
As a public service, do not post photos of Billy cavorting about in butt floss. Too scary to contemplate.

With the work you do it is hard to say. Some of the pieces you get in are in fair or good shape. some, less so.

as far as a site discount goes... 5% member 10% gold

I for one love the work you do. I have seen many pics and it is great. I may be using your services in the future.

With that said, if you are posting this it may be that you think you need to charge more to make ends meet, if so, so be it. You're work warrants you to make a profit it's what business is all about. Don't price yourself out of work, it's easily done. I don't mean charging too much I mean charging too little can put you out of work. If a person wants your service they will pay for it.

I guess what I'm saying is price accordingly so that YOU make a living. Without your services everyone loses.

The exact number is still up in the air right now, but I'm thinking around $15.00 with the reduced FABO rate around $12.50. The highly technical aspects should probably warrant a higher rate, but time spent monitoring curing parts for instance should be less so it all evens out in the end.

But the main thing is I want to find a happy medium between what the work is actually worth, where I'm not struggling to make ends meet like it has been, or pricing myself out of consideration altogether.

Thanks for helping me out with this gang!!! :-D

Leanne, I donot know you and have not used your services yet, but all I ever hear about you is great.

First, I don't know anyone that works at a profession like yours and only charges 12.50 - 15.00 dollars an hour. You need to be at 20 plus and you would still be less than others providing your services at your level. Custom work is extra.

Second, If you think a discount is warranted and I know how you feel about that and yes, times are tough for all of us, you still have to make a decent living or otherwise what is it for. I think if you were to offer a 10-15% discount over the total cost of the job, minus shipping, it would be more than fair to your client and yourself. The discount should only apply if you start paying yourself 20-plus. An hourly rate of 12.50-15.00 dollars is already a discount and a damn good one. If you give 10-15% discount on those old rates you are paying yourself an average of 11-12.75 an hour. Not much for your efforts and your dedication.

JMHO

-
Back