Pick a state

-
I am currently in Sodona Arizona, first time here, and it’s beautiful. Might be worth looking in to for a vacation rental or a retirement home.

Arizona would be great for a winter home. I went down there last year and vrbo'd around while I went to junk yards. I'm definitely considering a small winter home there that can be rented out the rest of the year.

For a big city, Phoenix ain't half bad. The real estate developers seem to be gettin' pretty greedy though. Got their minds set on doing away with Wild Horse Pass motorsports park completely and they just closed Arizona Speedway for good for the sake of future development. The area where Az Speedway is makes Barstow look like a beach front community :lol:.

Last edited:
I lived in Missouri 37 years. I miss it, but I love my Tx wife more. She ain't moving!
Mo. is a lower wage state in general. Great place to retire.
People move there because of lower land costs, lower taxes, and cost of living.
People move there, some stay , others leave.
I agree with above, some of the friendliest people in the whole world.

Still got Suprise, AZ dragstrip? Phoenix is too F'n hot..period. Sedona is too artsy, ie. dining is expensive, homes are expensive, and its still F'n HOT! Yeah, not a fan of lower elevation AZ. Beautiful rocks but the heat...my God, the heat!

Still got Suprise, AZ dragstrip? Phoenix is too F'n hot..period. Sedona is too artsy, ie. dining is expensive, homes are expensive, and its still F'n HOT! Yeah, not a fan of lower elevation AZ. Beautiful rocks but the heat...my God, the heat!

Wild Horse/Firebird still has local stuff scheduled the last time I looked, but that won't last long. Tucson is the next closest I think.

Good point. I don’t either. That said, we’re in our mid 30s. 2 kids, one on the way. But starting to wonder if a fresh start some place new would take stress and drama off. Lots of family dynamics is making things unbearable at times here.
Personally, I want to go to Montana and really get away but that’s not likely to ever happen.

Not a thing wrong with that. In fact I know someone right now making a move partially over family. Some girls gonna get a good man when he finds his owner center in life.... I applaud people who realize family means everything up until it deteriorates their own personal life. Then it's time for a change!

JW

Only thing is tornadoes haha

Every place has some type of natural disasters in the southeast it hurricanes. To someone who's lived in the southeast most of his life hurricane are an annoyance but not that dangerous as long as you don't live right on the coast but they also are a threat to people that live inland in hilly country from flooding. You also can acclimate to weather but as with what we saw in Texas earlier this year even that can change.

hemissdart is moving this year, i think. he has looked all over on his trips for someplace to move to out of illinois. think he found his new place as of the indy swap meet. may be ask him what he has experienced on areas of the country while he has been looking around.

I vote for the Ouachita hills in southeast Oklahoma or western Arkansas. Avoid Hot Springs as it has become a destination retirement place. I'm thinking Antlers Ok. Timber, hills, big fishing lakes, good deer hunting on both sides of the border. Arkansas requires liability ins. on your boats btw. Not many states do that (YET)
Also, I understand West Virginia is trying to lure folks to move there with lower income taxes. I always liked Ronceverte. anyway my 2cents
good luck

I've never seriously thought about moving out of California. The politics absolutely suck, but this is home and my kids and grandkids are here, so are my parents. If my kids ever leave the state then I will think about it. The thing is that most of California is reasonably affordable and not loaded with people.

Yeah, my brother is in Fort Collins. All that is definitely true
Isn’t it sad that people have to leave there state to go somewhere else because the democrats ruin it, I live in the wonderful state of taxachusetts and I own a gun shop to boot, you wouldn’t believe the BS that I have to put up with here, and I know people will say if you don’t like it leave well first off it’s not that easy to uproot a 27 year business and just move, and secondly why should I be forced out, I choose to stay and fight too try and get some change here, I try to educate people on a daily basis to try and change there mind and realize they have been been voting to have there taxes raised and way of life degenerated, then a lot of them move to red states and bring there same **** *** politics with them and ruin that state it’s like a cancer.

Every place has some type of natural disasters .....You also can acclimate to weather but as with what we saw in Texas earlier this year even that can change.
I just heard the death toll from the big Tx. freeze just a few weeks ago, it was 111 souls died in that disaster. From elderly people dying sitting in the recliner to illegal Hondurans that had no idea that cold could kill their 11 year old child and no idea about 911, and all in between.
When I was 31 years old with a wife and 2 small girls, I sold my little bit of property and moved the family from SW Ga to Central Missouri, 10 head of quarter horses, and no job. I had bought 40 ac the year before with an old (very old) small farm house. I KNEW I was moving, period. I had a pretty good job there in Ga. but I was sick of the racial strife and all related to it. But I wanted everything that had to do with grass, livestock, and the country. That was what I had been around all my life. So the country was no change. Some people make changes that are just pipe dreams, and realize later it was not like they thought.
There is no perfect place to live. I have seen a lot of America.

We haven't had a good earthquake in over 24 hours. No takers for CA? :lol:
Dude, you couldn’t give me all the gold in Fort Knox (if there’s even any left) to move to Cali. I’ve spent 2 months in California and both of those trips were nightmares. Sure, There’s a few good folk out there but generally not so much. I will say this, If I ever did, I’d be broke from eating lunch at the sandwich shop with the fish net bikini only wearing waitresses.

Isn’t it sad that people have to leave there state to go somewhere else because the democrats ruin it, I live in the wonderful state of taxachusetts and I own a gun shop to boot, you wouldn’t believe the BS that I have to put up with here, and I know people will say if you don’t like it leave well first off it’s not that easy to uproot a 27 year business and just move, and secondly why should I be forced out, I choose to stay and fight too try and get some change here, I try to educate people on a daily basis to try and change there mind and realize they have been been voting to have there taxes raised and way of life degenerated, then a lot of them move to red states and bring there same **** *** politics with them and ruin that state it’s like a cancer.
Reminds me of the Independence Day move, the first one

Dude, you couldn’t give me all the gold in Fort Knox (if there’s even any left) to move to Cali. I’ve spent 2 months in California and both of those trips were nightmares. Sure, There’s a few good folk out there but generally not so much. I will say this, If I ever did, I’d be broke from eating lunch at the sandwich shop with the fish net bikini only wearing waitresses.

Don't forget the similar coffee drive thru "Bottoms Up"

-
Back