Picked up this 74 Swinger today. Yellow Floral top car

-

FC7Demon340

Reaction score
Anyone have pics of what the yellow Floral top looked like.

Picked up this 74 Dart Swinger today. 318 auto car and the motor runs and holds an idle. Original JY5 Yellow Blaze with a V1P Yellow Floral vinyl top. Bucket seat console car, Power steering, power brakes, A/C, 26" radiator, fender turn signals, trunk light, SE trim package with hood ornament, inside hood release, 3 speed wipers. Floor pans in pretty good shape. Needs a trunk pan and lower rear 1/4's.

20210921_190200.jpg

Then why does this car have the code on the fender tag V1P. When I look it up for 1974 it says Yellow Floral top

Fender tag match the body?
I was under the impression that the floral stuff was 69 and 70 also.
Maybe code decodes incorrectly.

Sounds like a neat car with all the options it has, nice project! What are your plans for it?

One reason could be same as why its difficult to buy any number of parts via a computer lookup - the information was wrong and no checked it.

Best thing to do is look at the factory literature from the time, and also take another look at the fender tags in different light and to compare with known items.
Barry @Alaskan_TA has provided a wonderful digitized library.
The 1970 Hamtramck Registry - 1974 Dodge Dealership Data Book - Dart

The 1970 Hamtramck Registry - 1974 Dodge Color & Trim Book - Dart

I've only ever seen cream, green and red on Dart SE's and Valiant Broughams.

I've seen yellow cars with red interiors and yellow cars with green interiors and tops, but never yellow with a red top.

I've only ever seen cream, green and red on Dart SE's and Valiant Broughams.

I've seen yellow cars with red interiors and yellow cars with green interiors and tops, but never yellow with a red top.
Then I got an oddity lol

Picked up this 74 Dart Swinger today. 318 auto car and the motor runs and holds an idle. Original JY5 Yellow Blaze with a V1P Yellow Floral vinyl top. Bucket seat console car, Power steering, power brakes, A/C, 26" radiator, fender turn signals, trunk light, SE trim package with hood ornament, inside hood release, 3 speed wipers. Floor pans in pretty good shape. Needs a trunk pan and lower rear 1/4's.

View attachment 1715794042
Have you found an answer in this? I'm in the same boat but with a '74 scamp. Fen

View attachment 1715794042
Have you figured this out? I'm in the same boat but for a '74 Scamp. Fender tag and build sheet both show V1P.

Screenshot_20211231-130910_Gallery.jpg

One reason could be same as why its difficult to buy any number of parts via a computer lookup - the information was wrong and no checked it.

Best thing to do is look at the factory literature from the time, and also take another look at the fender tags in different light and to compare with known items.
Barry @Alaskan_TA has provided a wonderful digitized library.
The 1970 Hamtramck Registry - 1974 Dodge Dealership Data Book - Dart

The 1970 Hamtramck Registry - 1974 Dodge Color & Trim Book - Dart

I don't see where red vinyl top was available on that factory Trim Book.

upload_2022-1-1_19-8-16.png

-
Back